**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Future of Progression: Relics, 7-Stars and Ascension Roadmap - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

With 7 stars being introduced so early , why do i have a feeling that we will see our 1st 6* r5 in December Gifting 2.0

For sure. And won't be just 1 or 2 of them.

If they add those T6CC fragment crystals to the gifting crystals, then we might have like, a lot of them
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    One thing i see no one asking is how much it will cost to purchase 7* crystal?? 🤣
  • VVDoomVVDoom Posts: 18
    curious about relics and ascension, but really worried about 7 stars. it seems kinda rushed imo
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Why is what I’m most excited about the fact the champion border will have a new color with 7 stars?
  • StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Posts: 229 ★★
    So my question is:

With the launch of 7*s, are all the characters who are available only up to 5* rarity getting 6* versions? (Quake, Magik, etc)
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★

Why is what I’m most excited about the fact the champion border will have a new color with 7 stars?

i hope not green. i dont like green that much
    If they go cash green, that would be a vibe I don't think they want associated with them.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,746 ★★★★★

Here's a revolutionary idea, and please bear with me. Instead of money-grabbing gimmicks to squeeze whale tatas as hard as possible like relics and 7 star champs (both of which seem deeply uninventive and the relics especially sound like they will kill the skill aspect of what makes this game fun to many of us), what if Kabam were to, and please just hear me out, focus just on releasing more actual content and not spend any time on ways to "push boundaries" with champs that really don't need it? 6*R5's being continually hard to get and develop is a great plateau. Ascension, maybe that would be fine, and that sounds like the least of the evils and one that may not cause a mass exodus from the game and the death to Kabam's cash flow from it. But back to the point, what if we were to get more actual content to engage and entertain the player base? EOP is a huge win and is well received. 8.1 and further developments in the campaign are both fun and challenging, and also well received. The back issues (variants) content seems to have stagnated but has generally been embraced and loved by the player base. Gauntlet was fun (while it was here), and more of that kind of special content has been well received. The point is, what the players seem to want here is content, not additional champion growth systems. The current system is good as it is and could end with 6*R5 champs and increasingly challenging content that would push our skills instead of trying to push into our wallets and purses. I am genuinely concerned that a push for relics or rolling out 7* champs will be the deathblow to a game I love very much. Kabam does a lot of things right and the content is the bulk of it. The monetization around the content is what often ruins it (just look at what happened with the Battlegrounds release, which took a fun and enjoyable game mode and made it quite stinky with the way the milestones and cash offers worked), but there's a level players are okay with clearly and it does need to happen to fund the game. New champs? Absolutely. New Acts and Chapters? All day. Back Issues? Yes, please. More content like Labyrinth, Abyss and Gauntlet? Bring it on. And those are all things the players (including myself) generally like. In my opinion (and please pile on folks if I'm not just spouting nonsense) Kabam should focus their efforts 100% on content, not unwanted progression systems that will kill what has made this game so beloved to many of us for years running.

Except how are you ever going to grow past what you have now? What is the point of new content that can't grow either? If you can't get higher powered champs, then content will also never get more difficult.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

Also if the amount of ISO that 6*s drop isn't increased I'm gonna be disappointed

They alreay said they are looking into that and will increase for our 6star drops
    can I get a reference where they said that
  • It's whaling time boys.
  • Ascension could be so insane but doesn't look like you guys will use them to there full potential.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

Ascension could be so insane but doesn't look like you guys will use them to there full potential.

That's by design. More money to be made by limiting them and keeping the 7* chase active