**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Future of Progression: Relics, 7-Stars and Ascension Roadmap - Discussion Thread

Comments

• slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Ascension should be the thing replace 7* , it's really a great ideal that boost champ without have to bulid 7* roster over again. About relics, neutral , it's depend on how Kabam implement in game, it's could be a great way to buff champs without rework them.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I would have liked more details about what the special mechanic of 7 stars is gonna be
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★

While all of this is fine, I will withhold my personal opinions because quite frankly they don't matter.

But what about the previous roadmap items such as reworking masteries, the "buff program" and other various items that the community was ACTUALLY EXCITED for and WANTED?

Also, are relics going to be useable in all game modes like AW?

Eventually I assume they will be. At launch though only certain areas.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

The concern that I’d have is my 6* become instantly irrelevant, or close to inside 6 months or so.

This is my concern too, but in a post above I laid out how the 6* ranks will progress now we have ascension. I'll copy it here, because (for me) it makes me feel better about how useful my 6*s will be for the next few years:

Assuming 7*s launch where a rank 1 level 25 6* is equivalent to a 6* rank 4. (The same way that a 6* Rank 1 level 25 is equivalent to a 5* rank 4) . Then when you consider ascension, which adds an extra rank on your 6* champion. This means we have the following

6* Rank 4 = 7* Rank 1

6* Rank 5 = 7* Rank 2

6* Rank 5 ascended = 7* rank 3

And I mean, when you consider how many Rank 4 6*s you have right now, and how many you'd need to stop using your 6* rank 3s - this means that our 6* rank 5s that we ascend are pretty easily going to keep up with our 7* Rank 4s which are essentially 1 rank above. So it's only when 7* rank 5s come out that 6*s are going to be anywhere near obsolete. And we don't even have 6* Rank 5s out yet, and 6*s were added 3 and a half years ago.

This means, assuming the same pattern for 7*s we have a good 3 years before our 6*s stop being relevant. This is a good part of the announcement, and in my view respects any investment in 6*s.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

DalBot said:

Ackbar67 said:

Reading this thread is such a flashback to 2017, all the comments are exactly the same, just replacing 6 with 7

And the folks who were angry 5 years ago are now 5 years further along, many have kids that they didn't have then, mortgages... other real life situations. Starting the chase all over again from scratch just isn't worth the time and energy commitment for a large amount of us
    But you aren't really starting from scratch. The way they have all this coming out but 7*'s is more like a side quest. If I'm able to make a R5 6* as strong as a R1 or 2 7*, that's not really starting over. I'm just building on 7*'s on the side.
    So in other words prestige doesn't exist at the top of the game?
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    I must be miss reading something. I take full blame for that. But after reading the entire initial blog I am finding ascension at cross purposes with 7’s.

If I read it correctly I can bump my 6’s to potentially 7 * level? If that’s the case why would I chase both?

At least initially. Yeah sure maybe 2 years down the road I’ll work on mats and iso collection for pumping up 7’s. But for me as a casual player who is never ever going to increase the time in game now, I am not about to divide my efforts for goals that are almost the same thing. If an ascended 6 will be the same as 7 rank 2 I don’t see any real benefit.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I knew it was coming. I'm looking forward to it. Perhaps I'm a bit skeptical, but I think some may stop playing, most who say they will won't, many people will be indifferent, and a good number will continue being excited and building. I've seen it happen more than once now. The game will go on.
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 183 ★★
    When can we expect paragon cavs to be released?
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 1,943 ★★★★

with us fighting 7 stars in november, does this mean a new difficulty for EQ and side quest? a new chapter in act 8 perhaps?

A new chapter in act 8 so soon? Lol
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 398 ★★★
    DalBot said:

DalBot said:

Ackbar67 said:

Reading this thread is such a flashback to 2017, all the comments are exactly the same, just replacing 6 with 7

And the folks who were angry 5 years ago are now 5 years further along, many have kids that they didn't have then, mortgages... other real life situations. Starting the chase all over again from scratch just isn't worth the time and energy commitment for a large amount of us
    But you aren't really starting from scratch. The way they have all this coming out but 7*'s is more like a side quest. If I'm able to make a R5 6* as strong as a R1 or 2 7*, that's not really starting over. I'm just building on 7*'s on the side.
    So in other words prestige doesn't exist at the top of the game?
    I mean, prestige is really only important to a tiny tiny subset of the top end players, I'm paragon with only 3 r4s and I have a good enough prestige to get into a pretty high alliance if I wanted. As long as you're not competing for absolute top end aq, I don't think it's likely that you would really need 7*s. And if you are pushing for top end aq you are probably no stranger to whaling out for new prestige champs