**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Future of Progression: Relics, 7-Stars and Ascension Roadmap - Discussion Thread

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

why not add a new rank to the existing 6* (r6,r7 ....etc) instead of 7*?

That wouldn't add the same longevity to the game overall.
  • DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 405 ★★★

Why not?

Why not?
    These Rarities aren't just for the Top Players who will need something new to push for. They're for the entire game to grow into, including the Players and the Devs.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Buttehrs said:

Axew said:

This is the complete opposite of what people want. There are so many other things we would have preferred (mastery update, wish crystals, new EQ difficulty, Alliance War changes, more champion buffs). We literally don’t even have rank 5 6 stars.

100%, hermano. It seems a portion of Kabam is very out of touch with what their customers (us) want. They can absolutely serve up these unwanted progression systems, but when their cash flow hemorrhages as we vets leave as a consequence or just stop spending, that's theirs to own.
    Money speaks louder than the words on forums though. Yes they get alot of criticism online in the forums and on Twitter etc., but the amount of money they make monthly tells them otherwise.
    And that money has been made mostly by making whales with 6* for years. Many of those same whales would rather retire or find something new going forward than have to do it all over again.
    But new whales will take thier place. Never a shortage of whales.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    benshb said:

7* in spring 2023. You got to be joking. I can't even express how terrible this idea sounds. So many implications....
    Still no news about paragon sigil, EQ, crystal updates. But hey, 7* stars are around the corner. Can't wait for the feat 7* crystal sales with a chance for 3* groot

War rewards will need an update, battlegrounds, incursions, how about loyalty, they also have barely introduced rank 5 6 star materials. What about arena...

Just a lot going on here all at once. I would definitely have preferred them put out relics first an wait for 7 stars. Not looking forward to how this is going to be handled an the potential paywall thats going to present itself when 7 stars are first introduced.

Lot to take in, but it definitely shuts up the game is dying people
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Buttehrs said:

Axew said:

This is the complete opposite of what people want. There are so many other things we would have preferred (mastery update, wish crystals, new EQ difficulty, Alliance War changes, more champion buffs). We literally don’t even have rank 5 6 stars.

100%, hermano. It seems a portion of Kabam is very out of touch with what their customers (us) want. They can absolutely serve up these unwanted progression systems, but when their cash flow hemorrhages as we vets leave as a consequence or just stop spending, that's theirs to own.
    Money speaks louder than the words on forums though. Yes they get alot of criticism online in the forums and on Twitter etc., but the amount of money they make monthly tells them otherwise.
    If the game is doing well (financially) at the moment, why do they feel the need to introduce multiple new avenues of revenue? Why not focus on what the whole player base wants rather than just those that spend?

We have been asking for an update to game health since forever. They could have invested the time they used to add another star progression to fix up the control issues and the countless other bugs. Or even implement some of those things I listed above.
  • SubTypicalSubTypical Posts: 64
    This "news" coming the same week as Gabe announces he's leaving Kabam? Yikes.

Why not?
    These Rarities aren't just for the Top Players who will need something new to push for. They're for the entire game to grow into, including the Players and the Devs.
    I know it's a pointless rat hole to go down, but that makes absolutely no sense.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I’m totally fine with the addition of 7*, although I think it’s a bit early personally. But now that they’re coming next year, can we finally get updates to key things like a new champ crystal, new EQ, new objectives?
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★

It’s a discussion post but kabam isn’t involved in the discussion. It’s more a reaction post

Agree.
    They probably thought the community will welcome this idea but then realized they've yet again disappointed us ha!
    Ok place your bets, who do you think will be the first new champion as a 7*. My bet is on a fan favorite like Adam Warlock or beta ray bill.

Why not?
    I know it's a pointless rat hole to go down, but that makes absolutely no sense.
    How does it make no sense?
    edited September 2022

The big question is: Will our previous 6 Star Dupes retroactively earn us 7 Star Shards?
    (Potentially the same question for Ascensions if they work off any preexisting system similar to Champion Dupes...)

It didn't work that way with 6*. So it won't happen with 7* either.
  • Will there be any grace period for duping 6*s similar to when we got max sig 6*? Are we supposed to hold off opening crystals for the entire month of October? I was planning on doing a big birthday opening with 30+ 6* crystals November 7 but it'll suck if all those don't contribute to me getting 7* shards.
    They never said 7*s were not coming.

Why not?
    How does it make no sense?
    I asked you to explain why you stated the 7*s are the way to add more longevity to the game and you came back with because top players needing to push isn't the same as players and Devs growing. Now explain to me how that answers the question, because for the life of me it makes no sense to me.
  • you have to renew the new proficiencies.. And renew the old ones