**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam Response

JOC_3096JOC_3096 Posts: 200 β˜…β˜…
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
So are we going to get an answer to this maybe?

https://youtu.be/ReNtUwf4jG8

I thought I would bring it to light since the act 8 launch made it blindingly obvious that you don't even watch your own content nevermind anyone else's.

3 weeks into BattleGrounds and we have to the top 20 players in the WORLD are all cheaters, I have lost my fair share of elders marks to these unwinnable matches to have nothing in return and I am sure many, many others have; elders marks that are valued with real money not just in game currency/energy so what's happening with this? Are you making an effort to stop/ban the cheaters? Are you going to be reimbursing those who have lost to these? Since there is a monetary value added to this, something needs to be done now, not in another 3 weeks.

We are now into the 4th week and the entirety of last week, 1 out of the 2 nodes didn't work at all? Is this something that has been acknowledged as I haven't heard a thing about it....

You have promised more communication with the community and the biggest piece of content you have released in recent years has been a joke from launch and there has been no mention of anything since the admittance of the reward structure being terrible.

Finally, what is happening with rewards? They were announced 2 days before launch and had nothing but back lash, you had to quickly ammend the scoring and have acknowledged this collosal mistake, saying you're hearing us and yet no comment has been made on what is going to be done; will you wait until 2 days before next season drops to have to scrabble again when (from what history tells us) you still cannot fix the issue...

I doubt this will get a response and will make than likely get removed when Kabam see it. I just think people would appreciate some sort of response, even no news is still news.
Β«1

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2022

JOC_3096 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Well the timing of this is just crazy.

We've said this before and we'll say it again, the forums do not exist for the Community Team to answer every single question posted. Popping into every thread and saying "no update, but here's your response" is needlessly time consuming.

Finally, we don't remove posts because they're critical of the game or the company. We remove them when they cross the line and move further away from constructive in nature. You're free to be critical and upset, (and trust me, very few hold back) but the line of what's acceptable has always been very clear.

Clearly perfect timing! πŸ˜‚

I do understand jumping into ever post would be exhausting, even just a general notice saying you see the cheaters, the issues here and there and something is being done.

Obviously I would even begin to understand what needs doing about the cheaters but if we can see it then you can, is it difficult and complicated to spend 20minutes looking at obvious cheaters, ban them and move on?
    You have to remember that they have to investigate every ticket that's submitted for cheaters, not just in BGs but I other alliance modes as well. They aren't just getting the tickets you submit but from everyone else out there that's plays BGs and making reports. There's going to be reports from people who think someone cheated or from someone who is reporting because they're salty about losing.

So it has less to do with something being obvious rather than sheer number of tickets being put in. They have to comb through their data as well which takes time.
    They could prioritize cleaning up the top of the leaderboard, though. Only a few players are directly affected by the cheaters at the top, but it’s discouraging for everyone to check the leaderboard and realize it’s filled with nonsense.
    I highly doubt the support team has access to the leaderboard. And they have to wait for a ticket to come though.
  • Kabam Jax said:

We've said this before and we'll say it again, the forums do not exist for the Community Team to answer every single question posted. Popping into every thread and saying "no update, but here's your response" is needlessly time consuming.

Finally, we don't remove posts because they're critical of the game or the company. We remove them when they cross the line and move further away from constructive in nature. You're free to be critical and upset, (and trust me, very few hold back) but the line of what's acceptable has always been very clear.

Always the way isn’t it? You get in trouble just as you do what you’re being told off for not doing!

My take on this is that it’s certainly a step in the right direction. I’m going to assume that the currency earned will remain after this season.

My very strong opinion is that the vast majority of the current solo/alliance rank rewards should be moved into the gladiator circuit season rewards whilst leaving enough loot to interest the players who are never going to reach the circuit, or just aren’t ready for it yet.
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 β˜…β˜…β˜…

JOC_3096 said:

Kabam Jax said:

I do understand jumping into ever post would be exhausting, even just a general notice saying you see the cheaters, the issues here and there and something is being done.

Obviously I would even begin to understand what needs doing about the cheaters but if we can see it then you can, is it difficult and complicated to spend 20minutes looking at obvious cheaters, ban them and move on?
    Well, yes. It's difficult to just look at the Leaderboard and wave the ban hammer because there has to be a process of investigating. There has to be evidence and data to support those actions. Which is why the Leaderboard is never an indication that nothing is being done.
    Taken at the start of a season I would absolutely agree with this, things take time and it’s better to get it right. Taken towards the end of a season, I would say the leaderboard would be the number 1 indicator of whether anything is being done or not. It takes a lot of time to climb the leaderboard, even cheating so it’s not like these people snuck in there right at the end. This late in the season it would be nice to see some evidence of anything being done to combat the problem.
  • wheatmannwheatmann Posts: 186 β˜…β˜…
    Kabam Jax said:

Wait can I be clear on forum rules. I created a thread prasing you in particular and it just vanished, and @Mysterio also got his thread closed
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ZeiramMR said:

JOC_3096 said:

Kabam Jax said:

You have to remember that they have to investigate every ticket that's submitted for cheaters, not just in BGs but I other alliance modes as well. They aren't just getting the tickets you submit but from everyone else out there that's plays BGs and making reports. There's going to be reports from people who think someone cheated or from someone who is reporting because they're salty about losing.

So it has less to do with something being obvious rather than sheer number of tickets being put in. They have to comb through their data as well which takes time.
    You are right about the false reports. At the same time, if they investigate someone with a large number of "BG cheating" reports and are able to determine that the player was in fact cheating, they should be able to close out all of those reports at once if Kabam automated their process correctly.

It's probably not a good idea to only investigate the people with the largest number of reports against them (as people could cheat occasionally and try to fly under the radar), but it should be a portion of their investigative process.
    Automated processes and Kabam support have no business being in the same sentence. The online support is quite lacking which contributes to more slowness from reporting.
  • ValmezValmez Posts: 73 β˜…
    Lot of good work gone into fixing reward structure, definitely steps in right direction and am curious to see how relics are added to rank rewards for Celestial, Mysterium, etc.

Just hopefully can get some info on how modders are being dealt with. Hopefully permanent bans, no second chance. Any news would be much appreciated.
  • wheatmannwheatmann Posts: 186 β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2022
    Hopefully