**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why are people upset about 7 stars?

Literally people who have been playing for years quitting over 7 stars. If you can't play a game that changes things up why do you play it?

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I would be fine if we needed them for content. We are yet to have content that you can’t complete with 6r3s
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★

I'm not going to quit over the 7 stars, but I it has caused me to have a decreased interest in the game. The reason is many of us have been playing for. Many years (over 6 years myself) and have spent an enormous amount of time and/or money to get top notch and loaded accounts.

The introduction of 7 stars means that those of us with stacked rosters have a feeling that our rosters will be out dated fairly soon. Keep in mind it took people thousands of play hours and/or thousands of dollars to get these top notch, among best in the game rosters.

After 7 stars come out, we in some ways, have to start over. That includes grinding (or paying) for 7 stars, having to start over in the rng circus of hoping to get ones we want, trying to awaken those champs and then getting sig for those champs. The whole process sounds like a nightmare for many of us.

Personally, I won't be quitting the game over this, but I won't be spending anymore (didn't spend much to begin with but did spend at times). I've also felt my interest greatly decrease since the announcement and I've stopped grinding as I've lost motivation for trying to keep a top roster knowing that my roster will soon be playing second fiddle with 7 stars.

Knowing I won't be spending for the new shiny 7 star toys I know it's only a matter of time before my current op roster is outdated.

Just curious, did u and others like u feel same when 4* came out???
    And what about 5* and 6*???

Of course they're going to advance game with more stars. Maybe the problem isn't them but u guys thinking 6* will be the end all.

• doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★

@wheatmann I just happened to see another post you did recently talking about your very first 6 star. This helps me understand why your excited about 7 stars as you haven't invested much time or money in the game.

You don't have to worry about resources/time/money spent on 6 stars as your only six star is kamala khan. Put yourself in the mindset of those of us with 150-200 six star champs and paragon players with 4 or more r4 six stars. Would you be happy if what you worked (or spent) so much effort on was getting depreciated based on seven stars coming?

So we shouldn't have come out with smart cellphones and just stick with old stupid push button cellphones?

Of course things r going to progress. I understand why u feel that way but u had to have known it was coming. Just spend a little here and there for enjoyment.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★

@wheatmann I just happened to see another post you did recently talking about your very first 6 star. This helps me understand why your excited about 7 stars as you haven't invested much time or money in the game.

You don't have to worry about resources/time/money spent on 6 stars as your only six star is kamala khan. Put yourself in the mindset of those of us with 150-200 six star champs and paragon players with 4 or more r4 six stars. Would you be happy if what you worked (or spent) so much effort on was getting depreciated based on seven stars coming?

I would for two reasons. 1. The game can't stay at the 6* level. It would stagnate and die. It's how you progress towards higher difficulties and higher base stats. 2. I'm not trying to rank and level every single character. I rank or level who I like to play around with and once 7* drops who's to say I dont pull a Hercules as 7* when I've yet to still pull a 5 or 6* version?
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

I think it’s the general disappointment which consists of:

1. Not really an innovative progression of the game
    2. It’s like starting all over anew collecting champs. Imagine you pull a 7* drax or groot.

For myself I can say that I am not really amused as well. My whole alliance is more annoyed than exited but yeah. The hope is now on ascension

Honestly pulling 7* drax would be badass bc we know he ain't good but at the same time will be invisible to us 😂
  • xjdalegendxxjdalegendx Posts: 41
    edited October 2022
    Here’s my two cents. Ppl complain about things regardless. Only reason I see 7*s not being necessary is because of the ascension system. Ascension is gonna make a 6* as strong as a 7* and probably in some cases stronger than the 7* so I just don’t think adding 7*s will be necessary since ascension is gonna be a thing. Ppl are just complaining cause they aren’t really understanding what is really happening. They think 7*s is gonna decrease the value of their 6*s when it’s really not cause of the ascension feature that will be added soon. Ascension is what really saves it all cause they will probably take a while to make content that is heavily based on having a 7* and ppl will probably have a few 7*s already by the time they make that content. Ppl are complaining cause they aren’t seeing the full picture, that’s all. Yes I agree that it is a bit hasty cause we don’t have r5 6*s yet but 7*s in general won’t be that bad, it won’t break the game I guarantee that.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

I started to play this in March, 2015.

I am F2P.

My rating is 3.2m collection.

Only content left to do is 7.2 and beyond and Abyss.

Ive only 1 R4.

My point is: my 6* isnt even deep enough, im getting matched against crazy rosters on Gladiators Circuit, hell 6* R5 arent even available yet! And now 7* are already on the corner? If im this screwed, imagine players that are Cav and below...

I started to play around the same time as you, have spent like $10 total on the game, and really the only content that I have left to do is a couple paths in 8.1, Exploration of AOL (which I am very unlikely to do any time soon as I don't enjoy that content), Carina's Challengers (see previous), and the LOL/Miike's Revenge in Carina Vol. 1.

I have 3 R4 and will be at 4 once I finish 8.1 Exploration in a week or two.

How are you screwed? Maybe you get matched against ridiculous rosters in BGs, but I wouldn't take that as the most important gamemode at the moment. It is in its first... or third.. or whatever iteration it is now, but still clearly needs a bit of work. You will still probably be behind in things like the new gifting event, or aquiring new champs as opposed to accounts that whale out or hardcore grind for every new champ. Does that mean you can't do 98% of content? No. You still have a much better account than most summoners and are not at all in a bad position.

To answer OP, many people have been angry about 7* champs for many reasons. I personally think most of them are missing the point, or just clearly are not playing the right game for themselves. It is a similar vein to people complaining about RNG. If you don't like a game with a significant RNG factor, then you will not enjoy MCOC. Progression is not strictly linear, and sometimes rewards can fluctuate based on the account. Similarly, if you do not like champion acquisition, you may be playing the wrong game.

Introduction of 7* champs, even if it *feels* like starting over, just isn't. You still have the exact same roster that will be relevant (if we can use 5*s as proof) for years to come. I have 113 6* champs and still use 5/65 champs on a daily basis. They can still complete content. I've even become more bored of opening 6* crystals because there are so few left that I truly want, but guess what a valid answer to that problem is? New rarities and editions of beloved champs. Am I sad that I will get another version of Aegon to chase? Nope. I'm actually pretty excited. Maybe I'll pull him as a 7* champ before I ever get him as a 6*.

A lot of it has to do with mindset, expectations, and the like. Who am I to say that your objective enjoyment of the game will not be negatively impacted by their introduction. I just try to explain best my thoughts and hope they can help.
  • wheatmannwheatmann Posts: 186 ★★

I suppose that is true as I don't have a good point of view in this situation, I suppose if I'd spent all that time building a new roster I'd be annoyed tok, but I wouldn't quit the game over it
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022

I would be fine if we needed them for content. We are yet to have content that you can’t complete with 6r3s

I think Kabam also wants harder content to offer the playerbase. That’s likely why we’ll be seeing 7* in quests next month.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the game needs 7*s. I've yet to hear one person who is complaining about 7*s argue that the game would be in a better place if it had stopped progression with 5*s. The same complaints about 7*s were made when 6*s were announced, and it looks to me like we needed 6*s after all. Would we even have a game right now if 5*s were the top? It's precisely because so many people have stacked 6* rosters they are happy with that we need 7*s. The game will stagnate if we have nothing new to chase after. I'm not convinced that relics are a good idea, but we need 7*s.
  • doctorb said:

I'm not going to quit over the 7 stars, but I it has caused me to have a decreased interest in the game. The reason is many of us have been playing for. Many years (over 6 years myself) and have spent an enormous amount of time and/or money to get top notch and loaded accounts.

The introduction of 7 stars means that those of us with stacked rosters have a feeling that our rosters will be out dated fairly soon. Keep in mind it took people thousands of play hours and/or thousands of dollars to get these top notch, among best in the game rosters.

After 7 stars come out, we in some ways, have to start over. That includes grinding (or paying) for 7 stars, having to start over in the rng circus of hoping to get ones we want, trying to awaken those champs and then getting sig for those champs. The whole process sounds like a nightmare for many of us.

Personally, I won't be quitting the game over this, but I won't be spending anymore (didn't spend much to begin with but did spend at times). I've also felt my interest greatly decrease since the announcement and I've stopped grinding as I've lost motivation for trying to keep a top roster knowing that my roster will soon be playing second fiddle with 7 stars.

Knowing I won't be spending for the new shiny 7 star toys I know it's only a matter of time before my current op roster is outdated.

Just curious, did u and others like u feel same when 4* came out???
    And what about 5* and 6*???

Of course they're going to advance game with more stars. Maybe the problem isn't them but u guys thinking 6* will be the end all.

I’ll answer this question, yes. Not so much with 4 or 5 stars because that’s when I got back in the game, but I wasn’t too happy for 6* and for me, it was because I was building my roster already if 5* and it was starting to look nice, then 6*. I’m at the point where I don’t invest in 5* really unless I don’t have the 6* version , but now it is a shiny new rarity where my pokemon mindset is to collect them all, even though I’m still working on 6* acquisition more
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the game needs 7*s. I've yet to hear one person who is complaining about 7*s argue that the game would be in a better place if it had stopped progression with 5*s. The same complaints about 7*s were made when 6*s were announced, and it looks to me like we needed 6*s after all. Would we even have a game right now if 5*s were the top? It's precisely because so many people have stacked 6* rosters they are happy with that we need 7*s. The game will stagnate if we have nothing new to chase after. I'm not convinced that relics are a good idea, but we need 7*s.

I’m absolutely in agreement. The thing that people (fairly) complain about is feeling like their 6*s will become useless. And I understand that, but honestly by the time 6*s become useless in 3 ish years time I really doubt you’ll feel the same way. Do you feel the same way about your 5*s now as you did 3 years ago?

No, because the same sorts of people who are now annoyed their 6*s aren’t getting the respect they need, 3 years ago were saying the same thing about their 5*s - and they were swearing that 6*s would ruin the game, ruin their enjoyment, and ruin their 5*s that now they couldn’t care less about.

I’m not saying this in an accusatory way, I understand it. I just don’t think people are looking far enough ahead. Can you imagine having worked on your 5*s for an extra 3 years? As you said, Noir, I don’t know if we’d still have a game.

By the time your 6*s are as useless as you worry, you will be well into your 7* roster and ready to move on, bored of your full, complete, and stagnant 6* roster.
  • The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the game needs 7*s. I've yet to hear one person who is complaining about 7*s argue that the game would be in a better place if it had stopped progression with 5*s. The same complaints about 7*s were made when 6*s were announced, and it looks to me like we needed 6*s after all. Would we even have a game right now if 5*s were the top? It's precisely because so many people have stacked 6* rosters they are happy with that we need 7*s. The game will stagnate if we have nothing new to chase after. I'm not convinced that relics are a good idea, but we need 7*s.

I’ll challenge this and ask where would 7* be needed in the game at this time? Are we expecting a new game mode where it will benefit greatly from them or a ramped up EoP?

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I’ll challenge this and ask where would 7* be needed in the game at this time? Are we expecting a new game mode where it will benefit greatly from them or a ramped up EoP?

In my opinion:

- something to chase: the game would become stagnant for a hell of a lot of people if you didn’t add them. Whales have all the 6*s, they would otherwise start to pack up and chase other games that have added something for them to do.

- AW: maybe not right now, but as alliances get entire BGs of Rank 5 6*s (will happen in the next 2 years), there will need to be the next level, which is 7*s. By the time 7*s are high enough to overtake 6*s, we would have already hit the wall of 6* rank 5s even ascended, so that’s why Kabam are introducing them now, to lay the groundwork so that 7*s have a 3 ish year build up to be the most important, instead of coming in when 6*s are commonly Rank 5 ascended, and then 7*s suddenly overtake them. Which would be extremely annoying for people who have invested in 6*s.

- BGs: exactly the same as AW

- EoP/Gauntlet content: more ranks and stars can never hurt for content that we use revives on. Unless people are consistently soloing every EoP fight and Gauntlet fight cough MSD, then higher stats can be helpful.

- story content… for people who struggle a bit more. @DNA3000 made this point somewhere a while back and it stuck with me. There is a spectrum of skill in the player base, some can blast through act 7 with 5* rank 4s, others will struggle with 6* rank 3s. Higher ranked champions will help those complete the content that some of us view as easier. Not the biggest reason we need 7*s, but some will want 7*s to complete act 8.

I feel like when people say we don’t have content for 6* rank Xs so why do we need 7*s they mean we don’t have quest content, but that’s not what quest content is designed for anymore, ever since the first 7.1 beta. Story content has gone off in a different direction, and now the push for extra stars comes from mainly AW and BGs, but also EoP type content.