**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is this for real?

iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 622 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

For a moment i thought i saw it wrong or something but then i check again and wtf o.O 100 units for a 2 star champion? I mean i don't use it and wouldn't buy it even if it was 20 units but i know some players just like to collect 2 star champions and everything but man that's really overpriced for a 2* champion, i'm just getting variant 4 vibes here
Maybe it was just an error? idk

Comments

• BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Maybe theres a special 2* deadpool themed arena coming up?

Didn't at first think of that, but it does make sense if they put this in to help with a related 2* event thing.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    People like collecting rare 2* it’s pretty well documented. It’s the only way to get these rare 2* outside of Marvel Insider, any free giveaways, or the rare 2* arena. It’s fine priced as is, if you don’t want to collect them just ignore the crystal
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 622 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Not to state the obvious, but since you literally posted a screenshot of it, I think it's pretty clear that's it's "real".

However, is it a good deal or something anything players are going to get, that's a whole different question.

I know by the screenshot that it's real, what i meant is if this is intended or not, as i said in the post ''maybe it's an error''
  • This crystal was made for one person and one person only. @Cat_Murdock

Maybe theres a special 2* deadpool themed arena coming up?

Yeah man, probably there's like an event coming for 2* only and kabam is already trying to milk lmao
  • This crystal was made for one person and one person only. @Cat_Murdock

If that were true there would have been 2* Medusa in there!
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136 β˜…
    I like collecting the 2 stars. For me I saw this in game and considered grabbing some. My only hesitation came when I saw several PHC 2 stars in the list. Had it been all exclusives, I'd have grabbed 10 without blinking.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

It's a totally optional crystal that you don't need. You don't have to buy it if you don't want, and isn't that better than there being an event tied to it where you'd need to buy it?

You're missing the point, the crystal is not the problem but 100 units for each? too much
    U r missing the point that u don't have to buy it if u dont want to or can't afford it...
    Coppin said:

It's a totally optional crystal that you don't need. You don't have to buy it if you don't want, and isn't that better than there being an event tied to it where you'd need to buy it?

You're missing the point, the crystal is not the problem but 100 units for each? too much
    U r missing the point that u don't have to buy it if u dont want to or can't afford it...
    Bro amazing how u guys just be okay with that elevated price for a 2* champion, even if it's for collection...at that state kabam will charge 150 next time and you still be okay with that smh
    If u wanna buy it, go ahead i just gave my opinion about this ridiculous price =)
    edited October 2022
    DNA3000 said:

Actually, you're missing the point. The price may be too much for you, but it isn't too much for people deliberately chasing these champions.

Everything is too much. Deliberately so. This game has over 90% of its players playing for free, supported by the 5-10% of players that spend. The reason why most people don't spend is because everything costs too much for them, but isn't too much for the people who actually spend.

We can make a game where everyone must spend. Or we can make a game where only some people spend. Pretty much by definition, if we make a game where only some people spend, everything has to cost more than most people want to spend. First, because if everything costs less than what people want to spend, almost everyone would spend. And secondly if the game is going to support itself on the few people who spend, those people have to spend way more than most people would spend on the things they spend. If everything only cost what everyone thought was fair, and only 5% of the players then spend that fair price, the game would literally shut down tomorrow.

So how do you make a game that can be supported by the very few that spend? Two ways. First, you can sell things everyone wants but only few can afford. And second, you can sell optional things that few people want but are willing to chase. Some of the things in the game look like the former. The 2* collector crystals are an example of the latter. Most players don't have a strong desire to chase 2* champs. But of those that do, some are willing to spend a lot more on that chase than the average player, and when they do that's a bunch of other players they are indirectly subsidizing. And they are doing it while having almost no impact on the game economy or power balance.

Profile pictures cost as much as 500 units, and have even less utility value than 2* crystals. But the people spending on those are also supporting the game while being given things that do not affect the economy or power balance of the game. Those things are valuable to the people who get them, while having essentially zero impact on the players who don't. This is called a "win win" scenario.

We all want different things and are willing to chase them to different degrees. F2P games deliberately exploit these differences, allowing the vast majority of players to play for free, while giving many different opportunities for different players to scratch different itches that have different value to them. The game *deliberately* sets prices in a way that you will think is unfair, because most people will think it is unfair, because most people aren't the target of any particular offer. This is not a mistake, this is by design.
    I totally get what u're saying man, like a limited edition item will always cost a little bit higher than the others yes but still think it's too much, didn't used to be that much tho when the variant 4 came out kabam offered players to buy the champions cause most of them previously sold them and stuff, anyways you were able to buy them for 50 units each and that was a fair price for me
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Coppin said:

Bro amazing how u guys just be okay with that elevated price for a 2* champion, even if it's for collection...at that state kabam will charge 150 next time and you still be okay with that smh
    If u wanna buy it, go ahead i just gave my opinion about this ridiculous price =)
    Because there are various events through the year that gives free 2* crystals with all available 2* in them. So when one comes out that you can buy for units, 100 units ain't that bad.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

DNA3000 said:

Actually, you're missing the point. The price may be too much for you, but it isn't too much for people deliberately chasing these champions.

Everything is too much. Deliberately so. This game has over 90% of its players playing for free, supported by the 5-10% of players that spend. The reason why most people don't spend is because everything costs too much for them, but isn't too much for the people who actually spend.

We can make a game where everyone must spend. Or we can make a game where only some people spend. Pretty much by definition, if we make a game where only some people spend, everything has to cost more than most people want to spend. First, because if everything costs less than what people want to spend, almost everyone would spend. And secondly if the game is going to support itself on the few people who spend, those people have to spend way more than most people would spend on the things they spend. If everything only cost what everyone thought was fair, and only 5% of the players then spend that fair price, the game would literally shut down tomorrow.

So how do you make a game that can be supported by the very few that spend? Two ways. First, you can sell things everyone wants but only few can afford. And second, you can sell optional things that few people want but are willing to chase. Some of the things in the game look like the former. The 2* collector crystals are an example of the latter. Most players don't have a strong desire to chase 2* champs. But of those that do, some are willing to spend a lot more on that chase than the average player, and when they do that's a bunch of other players they are indirectly subsidizing. And they are doing it while having almost no impact on the game economy or power balance.

Profile pictures cost as much as 500 units, and have even less utility value than 2* crystals. But the people spending on those are also supporting the game while being given things that do not affect the economy or power balance of the game. Those things are valuable to the people who get them, while having essentially zero impact on the players who don't. This is called a "win win" scenario.

We all want different things and are willing to chase them to different degrees. F2P games deliberately exploit these differences, allowing the vast majority of players to play for free, while giving many different opportunities for different players to scratch different itches that have different value to them. The game *deliberately* sets prices in a way that you will think is unfair, because most people will think it is unfair, because most people aren't the target of any particular offer. This is not a mistake, this is by design.
    I totally get what u're saying man, like a limited edition item will always cost a little bit higher than the others yes but still think it's too much, didn't used to be that much tho when the variant 4 came out kabam offered players to buy the champions cause most of them previously sold them and stuff, anyways you were able to buy them for 50 units each and that was a fair price for me
    That 50 unit crystal contains 1* as well though. Not just 2* unlike this 100 unit crystal. It also only had the same 2* available as the PHC. This 100 unit one has more than that.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Coppin said:

Just do what most of the player base is going to do and not buy it. Why are you making such a big deal over something that you have zero obligation to get?

I doubt anyone thinks that's a good deal but don't see the rest of us throwing a fit over it, we are just not going to get it and move on with our lives.

Coppin said:

It could cost 3000 units and i wouldn't care cause i don't want or need 2*S, i am not interested in collecting them either...
    Paintings, stamps, rare collectable items go for millions of dollars; but if its not a market u r interested in.. u dont even look at the price tag..

Coppin said:

Just do what most of the player base is going to do and not buy it. Why are you making such a big deal over something that you have zero obligation to get?

I doubt anyone thinks that's a good deal but don't see the rest of us throwing a fit over it, we are just not going to get it and move on with our lives.
    I'm not making a big deal out of this, it's a forum dude and people post some topic and then debate about it '-' that's totally normal and some people agree about the price, some people don't and that's okay
  • TrenzaloreTrenzalore Posts: 182 β˜…β˜…β˜…

So we don’t have to worry about a 2* arena for Day of the Deadpool?
    In all honesty.. a 2* crystal for 100 units is a lot more sound than a feat cav crystal for 300...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It's the difference between rarity and "Rarity". Some are collectors, so it's worth it. Myself included. Some don't have much value for it, which is equally reasonable.
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 β˜…β˜…
    Kabam should have put it at 98 units. People might have bought 5 to even out their units again lmao. Or throw in weapon x, or deadpool variants. To each his own. Buy or don't buy them. At least they are offering them.
  • Vis_101Vis_101 Posts: 28 β˜…
    It’s optional but I’m fully expecting the Deadpool event to utilise 2* champs in some way, so while you don’t have to buy these it’s probably going to help out of you do.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'd buy it if 75% of the pool from that crystal I have unowned, but it's the opposite so I'll pass.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Are you referring to the Moon Knight Variant Quest where players are forced to get a Hulk?