**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Incursion and 6* Opponents - missed detail?

FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
With the update to incursions we have also been introduced to 6* opponents in the game mode for the very first time. A lot of people have been mentioning seemingly increased difficulty, which I have noticed myself, and bloated attack values in many instances (sector 9 aside).
Back when map 8 was introduced in AQ, the other maps had the defender rarity increased and it resulted in an absolutely insane snowballing increase in attack and health values in lower maps, resulting in some alliances dropping to low level maps and some others taking the week off. I think we are facing a similar issues here.
Using sector 7 as an example, now with 6* defenders, we can see the increase.
As I stand in zone 1, I am looking at nodeless 6*R4 Morningstar (3,301 attack) and a 6*R4 Shang-Chi (3,127 attack). According to Auntm.ai, the baseline attack for these champs at 6*R4 is 3,393, so the values are close (also close for PI and health). At 5*R5, each champs baseline attack value per Auntm.ai is 2,301, meaning each champ has a 36-43% increase in attack value just from the rarity increase alone. If they were previously 5*R4, that attack value increase goes to 83-94%. Increasing the rarity of the champions without decreasing the ranks has inadvertently increased the difficulty, which only becomes more problematic as you progress through the zones.
I'm not against having 6* opponents in incursions as it really shouldn't make a difference, but it appears that a significant detail was once again missed. Increasing the rarity increased the difficulty at least in sectors 7 and 8, possibly in lower sectors as well but I can't say for certain on those ones. Long-standing content can't just have a rarity increase as it only results in an unintended difficulty increase.

Comments

• G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,446 ★★★★
    Agreed on that… I remember running up easily to Zone 8/9 before the update… Now I managed to barely complete Zone 6 with my top team of 5* R5…

(Sustainability team consisting of Sig 200 King Groot, Sig 200 Guillotine and Ultron)

Was a bit surprised by the difficulty, tbh…
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

Agreed on that… I remember running up easily to Zone 8/9 before the update… Now I managed to barely complete Zone 6 with my top team of 5* R5…

(Sustainability team consisting of Sig 200 King Groot, Sig 200 Guillotine and Ultron)

Yeah, I can't think of a time where I had to think my way through sector 7, but I managed to get wiped in zone 9 partly because of a couple misses on my part, but also because the opponents could nearly kill me in one combo. There's no room for recovery anymore. I wasn't running the best of my best because it's only sector 7, but still had 6*R3 Moleman, Warlock and Corvus with 4 charges. So they weren't scrub champs.
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★

Same thing. I was in s7 and it was a lot harder than previous. If I slipped up I was dead at like room 8 with maxed out 5*. Pretty sure I would have survived before
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,446 ★★★★

Then again: This ist Sector 8 this time… Don’t remember running the highest sector before the update… will try to push through Sector 7 tomorrow, to see how that goes (or maybe wait until my top team is off cooldown… ^^)
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

Then again: This ist Sector 8 this time… Don’t remember running the highest sector before the update… will try to push through Sector 7 tomorrow, to see how that goes (or maybe wait until my top team is off cooldown… ^^)
    Going through sector 8 now. Just got through zone 10 and it is a good bit harder than it was before. The jump really seems to start in zone 6.