**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds Season 2 Begins October 17th!

Hello Summoners!

During our first Battleground season, we listened to Summoner feedback and made adjustments for Season 2 to address major feedback. Here is what’s changing in Season 2!

Intention

We wanted to address 2 main themes from player feedback:

1. The Rewards in the Victory Track, Gladiators’ Circuit and Events did not feel balanced
    1. Battlegrounds is a competitive mode, so players should feel most rewarded being the best; the initial reward structure did not reflect this
  2. Our initial tuning of Battlegrounds required a lot of activity which made the rewards feel less impactful

Season 2 Dates

Start

• October 17th, 2022

End

• November 14th, 2022

Changes

Updates to Alliance & Solo Event

• Players will be able to make progress in the events using PvE Energy
    • Elders Marks have been retuned and will be used to accelerate progress towards milestones in these events
    • By giving players the ability to use Quest energy to make progress in Solo and Alliance events, we needed to reassess the role of Elder’s Marks. We’ve made them a way to accelerate your progress, but not the only way to progress. However, it’s going to cost more Marks, but for a significant acceleration.

Elder’s Marks

• Elder’s Marks storage capacity is increasing from 4,000 to 9,000
    • Elder’s Marks entry cost
      • Increase cost from 15 → 90
    • Elder’s Marks Unit cost
      • 135 Units = 315 Elder’s Marks
      • There will no longer be large bundles of Elder’s Marks for purchase
  • Players will receive additional Elder’s Marks based on their remaining balance of Elder’s Marks against the new conversion rates
    • Conversion rate will be 2.625x

Alliance Event Objective Points

• Energy:
    • Select a #villain Champion during Draft Phase - 20
    • Assign a #offensive burst Champion as a Defender in Battlegrounds - 40
    • Assign a #defense utility Champion as an Attacker in Battlegrounds - 40
    • Matches Won - 750
    • Matches Complete - 375
  • Elder’s Marks:
    • Select a #villain Champion during Draft Phase - 120
    • Assign a #offensive burst Champion as a Defender in Battlegrounds - 240
    • Assign a #defense utility Champion as an Attacker in Battlegrounds - 240
    • Matches Won - 4500
    • Matches Complete - 2250
    • Note*
      • Points earned for Unit spend is the same for Elder’s Marks as it is for using Energy
  • Elder’s Marks allow players to reduce the amount of matches required to hit Milestones, but the value is the same in terms of entry cost

Alliance Event Milestones

Alliance Event Ranked Rewards

(click to enlarge)

Solo Event Objective Points

• Energy:
  • Matches Won - 750
  • Matches Complete - 375
  • Elder’s Marks:
    • Matches Won - 4500
    • Matches Complete - 2250

Solo Event Milestones

Solo Event Ranked Rewards

(click to enlarge)

Updates to Victory Track

• Added more Trophy Tokens in the Victory Track and made it less back-loaded to higher ranks
  • Even distribution of Elder’s Marks throughout

Updates to Gladiators’ Circuit

• Greatly increased the amount of Trophy Tokens earned from ranking on the Gladiators’ Circuit
  • In combination with the decreased costs in the BG store, amounts to much higher value than previous season

Season 2 Buffs

Comments

• Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 589 ★★★
    Gmonkey said:

@Kabam Miike can’t buy elders marks currently. With rewards dropping great time to make this available while people are excited.

They can’t do that till they adjust the elder marks for people who still have some
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Why the tags to give extra points to events? I feel like my deck should be built around the nodes so I can focus on winning rather than who I should place for extra points towards objectives.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

@Kabam Jax @Kabam Miike does this statement means that if i have elder marks from season 1 , they will get converted ? Or the ones that i will earn starting season 2 ?
  • overcaseovercase Posts: 2
    What happened to the prizes? when claiming them it never gave me the class selector
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    Nothing about the matchmaking. Nothing matters if the matchmaking is still garbage.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,158 ★★★★
    Still 15 usual energy per match?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    WHOz_R4GE said:

BGs just got a lot more expensive if you plan to play with elder marks.

Then don't lmao
    Am i seeing this right? Mysterium rank gets 60k tokens instead of the previous 12k?

Wait.

So the elder marks I bought in round 1 are now worth only one-sixth of what I paid for?

If true, that's a (bad word) ripoff.

No. The elder marks were worth what you bought them for in season 1. If you bought more for season I'd say bad decision since there was going to be changes
  • When are we going to get the full T5 class catalyst selector we were supposed to get in rewards. It was in there but never opened to the selection screen
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Ranking up Mr Sinister for week 4 😈

Wait.

So the elder marks I bought in round 1 are now worth only one-sixth of what I paid for?

If true, that's a (bad word) ripoff.

No. The elder marks were worth what you bought them for in season 1. If you bought more for season I'd say bad decision since there was going to be changes
    Umm, no, I bought something that was worth X, and now they are worth X/6. There was no mention that this value would change in season 2, and now I am 100 percent positive I will not buy a single EM ever again. These decisions they make sometimes are just dumb and self-defeating.

I am fine with Kabam monetizing this game, but for me they have ruined this game mode (starting with the last round), and now they are doing the same to Incursions. Sucks, because I loved Incursions and was really excited about BG. No more.

No. You bought them at a rate of 120 for 135 . Now you get 315 for 135. The change is 2.656 which is what you're being given. The only reason you used ET before was to score in the solo event. They now give 6 times score boost compared to before so it makes sense that the cost is also multiplied by 3. But making them cheaper to buy means it's now better to use ET for more rewards.

Before to reach the first milestone you needed to play 8 matches which cost you 8×15=120 ET which meant 135 units.

Now it is 3 matches which will cost you 3×90=270 ET which costs 115 units. It's cheaper.

Note that 3 matches give you 13500 points rather than just 10000

There is zero reason that all current marks shouldn't be multiplied by 6. Zero.

Other than math .