**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds Season 2 Begins October 17th!

Comments

• Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 589 ★★★
    ^ he’s right, it’s like buying fun size candy bar vs king size, you pay more but you get more.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    WHOz_R4GE said:

Season 1 -
    You could buy 1550 elder marks for 1450 units. This would allow you to play 103 elder mark matches roughly.

Season 2
    If you want to play 103 elder mark matches it will now cost you 3,972 units roughly

Why are you playing those many matches?
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    XSquad said:

I had 425 which was 28 entries in season 1.
    with conversion I will have 1115, which only gives me 12 entries.

But you reach milestones 6x faster now. It looks like it works out overall..except when you lose!
  • And what happened to the grade 5 catalyst selector? They just won't give it to those who get bugged or what?
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★

WHOz_R4GE said:

Season 1 -
    You could buy 1550 elder marks for 1450 units. This would allow you to play 103 elder mark matches roughly.

Season 2
    If you want to play 103 elder mark matches it will now cost you 3,972 units roughly

To finish high in solo rank rewards
  • BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★

Need clarification - is this with the way the current BG store is now or is there going to be further changes?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,204 ★★★★★
    Im one of those who didn't spent much EMs. Did few matches after they announced tripling of points.

Have 1k saved.
    I didn't understand the maths in the thread, but I liked the updated ranks and reward structure. It wouldve been great to get lil bit more points from energy though.

I don't think I'm going to spend my marks this time either lol. But I'm pretty glad to see rewards to effort ratio in BGs as a whole.
  • MrFullStopMrFullStop Posts: 148 ★★

Wozzle007 said:

It’s honestly frustrating the decisions Kabam makes. I like many people decided to save some of my elders marks for season 2. In the same way I don’t spend all my loyalty within every season or all my glory.

If Kabam wants to take the decision to increase entry to 90 elders marks, everyone’s current stock of elders mark should be inflated by 6 to make it comparable. If we would have been informed our elders marks value would be significantly deflated, I would have used them in season 1 to get a few ranks higher. As it stands I would have 40 BG entries using elders marks under season 1 rules, but with the deflated value it would only be 17 entries.

I’ll be honest, I don’t really know if the rest of the battlegrounds update is better. They might be amazing additions but I’m a bit soured on the game at the moment and it’s making me see everything through a negative lense.

I'm confused why you're looking at the cost, and not the difference in points? You need fewer entries to get significantly more points with the new cost. The number of entries isn't what matters here, it's about how far those Elder's Marks take you compared to what they did before.
    milestones rewards are meh, in the other hand, the ability to play more matches and grind the ladder of ranks gives you tons of rewards, and get you faster to G. circuit.
    not to mention, facing a hacker (and I'm sure we will face tons of them) now gonna cost you half of what you earn grinding the ladder -per match-, and in term of units, it's far more than previous prices
  • MrFullStopMrFullStop Posts: 148 ★★
    we'll start from scratch again, so we will need a total of 46 CONSECUTIVE wins in a row, with 60% win chance, you will need at least 77 matches, this is not counting the hackers you gonna face for sure.
    77 matches X 90 marks = 6930 marks
    you get 3k marks from climbing the ladder, so you need additional ~4k marks, which equal to 13 315 bundles, (135 units x 13 = 1755 units)

long story short, you gonna need 1755units JUST TO ENTER gladiator circuit.

P.S.: I don't care about 15k 6* shards solo event, so the idea about it giving x6 points is worthless for me (rank rewards gonna stay the same since all players gonna get the x6 points, in matter of fact, only spenders will get high in the ladder now)
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    Maybe is it possible to get an clarification on Victory Track nodes, are they correct and is there only 2 nodes without mixmaster? Cuz if yes, thats sound little bit to easy and Dizzy node feels little bit redundant without mixmaster.
  • rivetrivet Posts: 254
    edited October 2022

we'll start from scratch again, so we will need a total of 46 CONSECUTIVE wins in a row, with 60% win chance, you will need at least 77 matches, this is not counting the hackers you gonna face for sure.
    77 matches X 90 marks = 6930 marks
    you get 3k marks from climbing the ladder, so you need additional ~4k marks, which equal to 13 315 bundles, (135 units x 13 = 1755 units)

long story short, you gonna need 1755units JUST TO ENTER gladiator circuit.

P.S.: I don't care about 15k 6* shards solo event, so the idea about it giving x6 points is worthless for me (rank rewards gonna stay the same since all players gonna get the x6 points, in matter of fact, only spenders will get high in the ladder now)

If you don't care about the solo event, just use unit to buy regular energy refills, the amount required is a lot less.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    There are 3 aspects of using regular energy vs elder marks:
    1) Simply playing matches( regular energy wins coz u can play 6 times more matches with it.
    2) Reaching faster in solo and alliance events( elder energy wins coz u reach to next milestone 6times faster)
    3) More cheap way of reaching solo and alliance milestones(see below)
    Just for the sake of argument I want to see regular energy vs elder marks in how cheaply we can reach to solo and alliance milestones. So regular energy costs 30 units for 70 energy= 38.5 units for 90 energy.
    While elder marks cost 135 units for 315 energy= 38.5 units for 90 energy.
    As you can see both have exactly same cost of reaching to solo and alliance event. I personally feel that people spending on elder marks instead of energy refills should have an edge on this aspect.
    WHOz_R4GE said:

WHOz_R4GE said:

Season 1 -

Season 2

To finish high in solo rank rewards
    It's the same for everybody. You aren't losing out on anything

Wozzle007 said:

It’s honestly frustrating the decisions Kabam makes. I like many people decided to save some of my elders marks for season 2. In the same way I don’t spend all my loyalty within every season or all my glory.

If Kabam wants to take the decision to increase entry to 90 elders marks, everyone’s current stock of elders mark should be inflated by 6 to make it comparable. If we would have been informed our elders marks value would be significantly deflated, I would have used them in season 1 to get a few ranks higher. As it stands I would have 40 BG entries using elders marks under season 1 rules, but with the deflated value it would only be 17 entries.

I’ll be honest, I don’t really know if the rest of the battlegrounds update is better. They might be amazing additions but I’m a bit soured on the game at the moment and it’s making me see everything through a negative lense.

I'm confused why you're looking at the cost, and not the difference in points? You need fewer entries to get significantly more points with the new cost. The number of entries isn't what matters here, it's about how far those Elder's Marks take you compared to what they did before.
    milestones rewards are meh, in the other hand, the ability to play more matches and grind the ladder of ranks gives you tons of rewards, and get you faster to G. circuit.
    not to mention, facing a hacker (and I'm sure we will face tons of them) now gonna cost you half of what you earn grinding the ladder -per match-, and in term of units, it's far more than previous prices
    If milestone rewards don't matter then buy energy refills. Those give you 4 matches for 30 units. And free more importantly
  • Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115
    Is it still 3 victories in a row to reach the next level? I finally gave up on Diamond 1 when i kept getting bad matches in a row. @Kabam Miike really hoping that it's 3 victories, not 3 in a row, since then it all depends on quality of matchups (i noticed certain times of the day had much "worse" matchups).
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    Is it just me or rank rewards (6* shards)of solo event has been decreased?
  • LeanbisonLeanbison Posts: 119 ★★
    90 is to much. Really it is. I understand the math to be elders marks have reduced in price by 2x and match points have increased by 3x so entry cost is 6x. I also understand the necessity of elder marks and their purpose in keeping modders out of the sweet prize pool of solo and alliance rewards. However, I think you all have made an error in increasing the entry price so high while limiting the number we can purchase at a time to 315. I cant imagine making a twice daily decision to purchase elders marks every day for 28 days. Also your logic is flawed on the cost. If you are increasing elder mark entry cost on the basis of match point increase certainly you would need to increase the cost of energy to enter a match also as those entries had zero match points before and know get 1125 points per win. This discrepancy of charging more to one group than the other is probably what is bothering so many people right now. So leave match points out of it and charge 2.65 increase or 40 EM’s per match then all is fair.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 724 ★★★★
    XSquad said:

I had 425 which was 28 entries in season 1.
    with conversion I will have 1115, which only gives me 12 entries.

But you get about 6 times more points now per entry. So in fact you get about 2.625x more points for same amount of units.
    Less matches, more points, more rewards, less time spent. It's no longer a grind to get all milestones in solo and alliance event.
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★

1) Simply playing matches( regular energy wins coz u can play 6 times more matches with it.
    2) Reaching faster in solo and alliance events( elder energy wins coz u reach to next milestone 6times faster)
    Just for the sake of argument I want to see regular energy vs elder marks in how cheaply we can reach to solo and alliance milestones. So regular energy costs 30 units for 70 energy= 38.5 units for 90 energy.
    As you can see both have exactly same cost of reaching to solo and alliance event. I personally feel that people spending on elder marks instead of energy refills should have an edge on this aspect.

For pushing, you would get about 5x as many matches if u go with energy, using the math you provided
  • Yamaha_YamasoYamaha_Yamaso Posts: 10
    So what’s happening to relic rewards? Thought it was coming with BG season 2?
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★

Is it still 3 victories in a row to reach the next level? I finally gave up on Diamond 1 when i kept getting bad matches in a row. @Kabam Miike really hoping that it's 3 victories, not 3 in a row, since then it all depends on quality of matchups (i noticed certain times of the day had much "worse" matchups).

Did u try on the last week? Alot of weak opponents
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 724 ★★★★

They do. TIME. And points. It will allow them to score 6 times more points in same amount of time, because it's 6x more points per match (wins/losses being equal).
  • NightMonkeyNightMonkey Posts: 95 ★★
    I think you're not accounting the facts that there are still going to be modders.
    I don't want to use 135 units to buy 315 Elder's Mark to do 3 matches and lose them to MODDERS, netting way less points than before.

I was honestly expecting some sort of compensations from Kabam (way way way too many modders in Celestial leagues) and what I got was a jump from 15 to 90 Elder's Mark entry, NOICE!