**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battlegrounds Season 2 Begins October 17th!

Comments

• xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,000 ★★★★
    No one is going to talk about solo event rank rewards ? Maximum 6 star shards is now 10k ! Why ? Top 500 was 25k before
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    I'm a bit salty, cuz I would've competed for higher ranks if the reward structure for skill based aspect was not crumbs. Mysterium 1 and I just stopped. Didnt want to push for 1-2k tokens, I was also in the fear of modders who were all ahead of me in standings.

The real win is still the AG for many of us and that's beind EMs,
    I don't know if I can reach there just by skill.

I really don't want to complain because of the reason Kabam took actions and did a full makeover of BG store.
    IMO BG store is OP or maybe too OP LMAO, getting access to such great rewards, I never thought of me getting those easily as f2p.
    BG store took care of shards, sigs, t5b, t2a, t4cc, t5c top up on demand, r4 mats on demand.

Could we have got an AG or SIG's for ranking high in real GC standings? Idk
    I'm only sore(lil bit only) about solo mode AG.
    Maybe I can get the rank if I can spend some units on them. Maybe it's worth some unit investment. Will see how things turns out after this season.

BGs is the best game mode, as it requires not much time commitment for every single player to have fun in it.

Thinking out loud here. Lol
    I do have some issue but on the other side I'm completely satisfied from the BG store too.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

No one is going to talk about solo event rank rewards ? Maximum 6 star shards is now 10k ! Why ? Top 500 was 25k before

My guess would be because of the massive increase in tokens, you can now easily get the 15k extra (and more) from the BGs store. That’s not limited to top 500, and you don’t need to grind a ton for it.
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★

WHOz_R4GE said:

WHOz_R4GE said:

Season 1 -
    You could buy 1550 elder marks for 1450 units. This would allow you to play 103 elder mark matches roughly.

Season 2
    If you want to play 103 elder mark matches it will now cost you 3,972 units roughly

Why are you playing those many matches?
    To finish high in solo rank rewards
    It's the same for everybody. You aren't losing out on anything
    I never said I was losing out. if people want to run the same amount of elder matches they did last season it will be more expensive unit wise that’s a fact.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    WHOz_R4GE said:

WHOz_R4GE said:

WHOz_R4GE said:

Season 1 -
    You could buy 1550 elder marks for 1450 units. This would allow you to play 103 elder mark matches roughly.

Season 2
    If you want to play 103 elder mark matches it will now cost you 3,972 units roughly

I never said I was losing out. if people want to run the same amount of elder matches they did last season it will be more expensive unit wise that’s a fact.
    There is no point to running the same amount of matches is the point. " It's expensive" if you do unnecessary wastage. That's on you . Not due to any change kabam made

WHOz_R4GE said:

WHOz_R4GE said:

WHOz_R4GE said:

Season 1 -

Season 2

There is no point to running the same amount of matches is the point. " It's expensive" if you do unnecessary wastage. That's on you . Not due to any change kabam made
    So you are assuming the people that pushed for solo rank rewards will play less elder matches this season? I don’t see that happening.
  • ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 400 ★★★
    add mix master to victory track as well,it would be no fun while doing friendly tournaments
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,031 ★★★★★

Also please get rid of the option to accept/decline a found match... This is where you allow collusion to come into play. You should be able to cancel the matchmaking while they system is still looking but by putting in that extra 10 second window when a match is found w/ the countdown timer, that is what allows collusion and shady matchmaking to occur. There is no need for it.

And just be very clear... This is what should be removed from Battlegrounds to prevent as much collusion as possible in the competitive matches you do in Victory Track/Gladiator Circuit

Can someone tell me how this helps with colluding? I seriously don’t understand since you don’t see who your opponent is, but I’ve seen tons of people mention it.
  • YsFYsF Posts: 151 ★★
    xLunatiXx said:

Yeah this quite a big change. While every other change seems to be in a positive direction, this is very out of the blue.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    YsF said:

xLunatiXx said:

Yeah this quite a big change. While every other change seems to be in a positive direction, this is very out of the blue.
    I assume that was the counter-part of buffing the store, by increasing the purchase limits and decreasing the cost.
    Basically they took the shards from the rank rewards and added them in the store instead
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 294

Wozzle007 said:

It’s honestly frustrating the decisions Kabam makes. I like many people decided to save some of my elders marks for season 2. In the same way I don’t spend all my loyalty within every season or all my glory.

If Kabam wants to take the decision to increase entry to 90 elders marks, everyone’s current stock of elders mark should be inflated by 6 to make it comparable. If we would have been informed our elders marks value would be significantly deflated, I would have used them in season 1 to get a few ranks higher. As it stands I would have 40 BG entries using elders marks under season 1 rules, but with the deflated value it would only be 17 entries.

I’ll be honest, I don’t really know if the rest of the battlegrounds update is better. They might be amazing additions but I’m a bit soured on the game at the moment and it’s making me see everything through a negative lense.

I'm confused why you're looking at the cost, and not the difference in points? You need fewer entries to get significantly more points with the new cost. The number of entries isn't what matters here, it's about how far those Elder's Marks take you compared to what they did before.
    What’s confusing
    Does Kabam really not see the difference? If you pay 6 times as much to get 6 times as much, you also risk 6 times as much. 1 match lost costs you 6 matches. Where you would’ve had 5 additional matches to make up for the one. Even with a reduced cost, you’ve increased the amount that can be spent in a given amount of time. $$$ the number one complaint was pay to play. Playing the shell game doesn’t change that it’s still a system that ensures that playing alone will not give anyone a chance to be competitive.
  • Anyone know when the battleground solo rewards come out I still haven’t gotten mine
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Is everyone starting at zero again and what's the matchmaking? That's all that really matters to me.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Anyone know when the battleground solo rewards come out I still haven’t gotten mine

They came out Friday, around 1pm eastern time.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Anyone know when the battleground solo rewards come out I still haven’t gotten mine

They came out Friday, around 1pm eastern time.
  • LendáriosLendários Posts: 5
    edited October 2022
    Even if i dont think this is the perfect changes, i do think they did a good job.

If you cannot do the maths properly, you cannot say its not working and bla bla.

Guys, do the maths, now, in general (with a win ratio of 50%) if you play around 105 matches (with the elder marks given for free) and the rest with energy, you will reach the top milestone from alliance (if every 30 players do the same thing) and for solo event.

Just chill and play, its soooo many better than the first season.
  • kahlkorverkahlkorver Posts: 158
    My only issue is why did they lessen the 6 star shards on solo rankings? I regretted not using my Elder Marks last season because I have alliance mates who just did like less than 10 matches and got 10k 6 star shards.

Now all top 1000 will get the same 10k shards only? Am I missing something here? This is kinda disappointing.
  • KINGBONEHEADKINGBONEHEAD Posts: 47
    Don't play it
    When can we expect the elder mark conversion to happen for previous balances?
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    do we start where we left off in season 1 or we have to start from the bottom of victory track again? please confirm. thanks.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 925 ★★★★
    So we don't go back to bronze and start climbing the victory track again? Is this how it's suppose to be?
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★

So we don't go back to bronze and start climbing the victory track again? Is this how it's suppose to be?

My guess when Season 2 starts in few hours it should reset ranks for everyone back to bronze
  • PemulaPemula Posts: 60
    just banned that group of modders first, please !!!!
  • NightMonkeyNightMonkey Posts: 95 ★★
    None of the OBVIOUS MODDERS at the TOP of the Leaderboard has been banned, GREAT JOB KABAM.