**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battlegrounds Season 2 Begins October 17th!

Comments

• MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★

Season 2 is still garbage. Still getting matched with only Paragon players in victory track. AWFUL.

I'm curious .... what makes you think you won't get matched with them when quite literally everyone starts at bronze n has to work their way up 🤔.

If you want the highest chance of not meeting said progression level players then simply wait a week or so before starting your climb up the track
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

Season 2 is still garbage. Still getting matched with only Paragon players in victory track. AWFUL.

I'm curious .... what makes you think you won't get matched with them when quite literally everyone starts at bronze n has to work their way up 🤔.

If you want the highest chance of not meeting said progression level players then simply wait a week or so before starting your climb up the track
    Math. It's statistically impossible to coincidently get only matched with other Paragon players when everyone is in the same bracket. There are many many more non-Paragon players in this game so I should be getting mostly non-Paragon matches until higher on the track/circuit. Because the matchmaking is garbage, I'll have to face Paragon players the whole way through where a good player who's only Thronebreaker will coast to the circuit again. Awful matchmaking will kill this game mode.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

Math. It's statistically impossible to coincidently get only matched with other Paragon players when everyone is in the same bracket. There are many many more non-Paragon players in this game so I should be getting mostly non-Paragon matches until higher on the track/circuit. Because the matchmaking is garbage, I'll have to face Paragon players the whole way through where a good player who's only Thronebreaker will coast to the circuit again. Awful matchmaking will kill this game mode.
    I mean without the actual stats you can't say for certain that there is "many many more non paragon players". IMO I'd say there is more end game players than cav (or low TB) level players in this mode. I agree that the matchmaking isn't right but I fear its the best it'll ever get, they tried it on launch where you matched with similar (deck) rating players and people (high account players) sandbagged to get easier match ups.

Maybe paragon could start in silver rather than bronze, that may eliminate it - at least to start with - but whether that's a viable answer or not I don't know
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

I mean without the actual stats you can't say for certain that there is "many many more non paragon players". IMO I'd say there is more end game players than cav (or low TB) level players in this mode. I agree that the matchmaking isn't right but I fear its the best it'll ever get, they tried it on launch where you matched with similar (deck) rating players and people (high account players) sandbagged to get easier match ups.

Maybe paragon could start in silver rather than bronze, that may eliminate it - at least to start with - but whether that's a viable answer or not I don't know
    It's statistically impossible to only get matched with other Paragons. The answer is the you play people in your tier, not people with comparable rosters.
  • MikeHancho31MikeHancho31 Posts: 247 ★★★
    What a shock, none of the modders banned. Just say you don't care about modders in you game Kabam.
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 530 ★★★
    Going from 15 to 90 is a big gap but thank you for putting points in normal energies I can advance in the circuit while taking the rewards of chips 6 in store it's the main thing
  • @Ironman3000 are you paragon?

@Ironman3000 are you paragon?

Since before it was a title.
  • MrFullStopMrFullStop Posts: 148 ★★
    why there is no update regarding points system?
    the post clearly says 750 points per win, and the event itself says only 500 points??
    why the inconsistent??

Then why don’t you want to be paired with paragon players? Are you that bad that you want to beat up smaller accounts to progress?
    Because only getting pared vs other Paragon players, starting in Bronze, just keeps them in lower brackets where they don't belong while at the same time allowing low accounts gain access to much higher levels then they deserve. Do you not remember when they did this in AW and top allys were in Gold because they couldn't win enough to move up and low allys snuck into Master because they were beat up on scrubs? This is the same thing only on an individual level.

As for your second sentence, do you play in Paragon BGs? I win more than I lose but with the rosters and the skill of those players, plus the RNG of drawing your deck, losing in that level isn't the insult you seem to think it is. Especially when you get matched up vs the same other Paragons over and over.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Then why don’t you want to be paired with paragon players? Are you that bad that you want to beat up smaller accounts to progress?
    Because only getting pared vs other Paragon players, starting in Bronze, just keeps them in lower brackets where they don't belong while at the same time allowing low accounts gain access to much higher levels then they deserve. Do you not remember when they did this in AW and top allys were in Gold because they couldn't win enough to move up and low allys snuck into Master because they were beat up on scrubs? This is the same thing only on an individual level.

As for your second sentence, do you play in Paragon BGs? I win more than I lose but with the rosters and the skill of those players, plus the RNG of drawing your deck, losing in that level isn't the insult you seem to think it is. Especially when you get matched up vs the same other Paragons over and over.
    Yeah.. I have 5 rank 4s. So that’s all I’m really paired with, all matches this season have been paragon.

Yeah.. I have 5 rank 4s. So that’s all I’m really paired with, all matches this season have been paragon.
    And are you happy with that?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I definitely agree with you, if we are all in the same tier why do we only match equal or better accounts? That is curious
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

I’m playing people equal to me, why would I care about that? I chose to play the mode. That’s like saying when I played high school football and I should be paired with the peewee league.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    Jaded said:

I definitely agree with you, if we are all in the same tier why do we only match equal or better accounts? That is curious

You are saying that you match up with better accounts which means the person you matched with will play against lower account. That contradicts your assumption that people do not get matched with lower accounts.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

You are saying that you match up with better accounts which means the person you matched with will play against lower account. That contradicts your assumption that people do not get matched with lower accounts.
    Actually I said better accounts, which is perspective by me as if they have better counters or newer harder to counter champions. I did not say lower or higher because I am paragon matching paragon. What I can say is I don’t match anyone with less then 5 r4s 6*, but I don’t have a problem with that. The problem is if there are Cavalier and tb players in the tier we should eventually match them, weather I agree we should or shouldn’t is beside the point I’m trying to make.
    edited October 2022

I’m playing people equal to me, why would I care about that? I chose to play the mode. That’s like saying when I played high school football and I should be paired with the peewee league.
    That's a terrible analogy because HS and peewee are two different leagues. If you want to use HS football, what is happening is if the best teams only played each other and the worst teams only played each other in the regular season then you used those records to determine playoff seeding. The 3rd best team in the league misses the POS because the 12th-best team beat everyone below them and they have the best record.

We're all in the same league fighting for the same rewards. Giving low accounts free passes to higher tiers is just a **** way to run a tournament.
  • BobsBobs Posts: 20
    edited October 2022
    Anyone know what the Elder’s Marks correction was supposed to be based on? I would assume it would be 1-6 since matches were 15 and now cost 90. I had 230 Elder’s Marks saved from last season and only received 323 from the ‘correction’. Not sure what math that is.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★
    I started this season with 600 elders marks and got 8 as a correction. Good times.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    I had 985 EMs, before season started.

Doesnt look right. Feels like a low blow. These will get saved again.

In other thread Jax said they took record last week. And that happened before they multiplied the score by 3.
    I dont know how much extra we got, we jumped from 1M to 2.9M in ally mile stone.
  • kayden5_1kayden5_1 Posts: 5
    Your new design and cost is terrible. I sp3nt thousands of units last s3ason. Messaged my alliance ton8ght I won5 participate beyond 2hat I alr3ady have. You trippled the cost and it only s33ms lik3 a cash grab. Needs to be corrected. Sending a small sorry package doesn't cover it....
  • Mackey said:

Mackey said:

It's statistically impossible to only get matched with other Paragons. The answer is the you play people in your tier, not people with comparable rosters.
    Are you paragon?

Then why dont you wanna match up against your peers? Looking for easy wins?

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Are you paragon?

Then why dont you wanna match up against your peers? Looking for easy wins?
    How do you not understand that if we're all fighting for the same rewards and in the same tiers, we're all peers? There isn't a different set of rewards for low level players, and Kabam refuses to start higher players in higher tiers, so they should not get easier matchups in the lower tiers. Paragon players shouldn't be getting Paragon only matches until Diamond or later, which is why Paragons should just start at Diamond.

Could you imagine if they re-set AW scores to 0 every season and only matched allys vs other with similar size? You'd have 15M allys in master and 150M allys in Gold. That's essentially what is happening in BGs right now.