**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Future of Progression: Relics, 7-Stars and Ascension Roadmap - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    Crine60 said:

ESF said:

Took some time to really think about it all.
    We shall see. I hope Kabam plays the long game and understands that Relics and Ascension needs to be attainable and enjoyable for EVERYONE, as soon as they are implemented, or I do believe that’s gonna be the ballgame

To your point about Relics and Ascension being attainable and available for everyone this part of

I posted on Wednesday asking for clarification on the, "most active summoners" part but there has been no response. It sounded before like they were planning on locking Relics behind BG and cash (I could be wrong on how it will ultimately be implemented but that was my impression from their limited comments) and now this comment for Ascension sounds like it will be something difficult like top rank rewards from Arena or something that only the top spenders or people running bots can attain.
    Yeh that part is worrisome. When they say "most active players" it can either be by playing and completing content, or by spending unlimited ammount of units/money on something. This is what we have seen happening in the past.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It probably means the same thing it's always meant. People who play more will earn more.
  • MN08MN08 Posts: 3
    Ok 7*. But please decrease the cost to rank up 4* (and 5*) and reinstall a decent 4* arena. Using the higher champs is understandable but a lot of players like to use regular champs also. Another point is about Mastery points of XP: 8 points of XP Masteries are available in the setup. Once u reach level 60, these theorical points are useless, give it back ;)
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 303 ★★

Axew said:

This is the complete opposite of what people want. There are so many other things we would have preferred (mastery update, wish crystals, new EQ difficulty, Alliance War changes, more champion buffs). We literally don’t even have rank 5 6 stars.

100%, hermano. It seems a portion of Kabam is very out of touch with what their customers (us) want. They can absolutely serve up these unwanted progression systems, but when their cash flow hemorrhages as we vets leave as a consequence or just stop spending, that's theirs to own.
    All of the vets will make about as much dent in their finance as one average whale. Just sayin'.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    7 stars will only be needed for prestige, progression titles or gated paths in my opinion. Otherwise 6 stars are fine.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Question: When a champion won't have a relic applied to him, will we still have the striker button in the screen? Because this is where I tap for block. (And that's why I hate Strikers, and I hate relics for being strikers, anyway.)
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Crine60 said:

MCOC Team said:

Greetings Summoners!
    You'll likely have a lot of questions, and we'll do our best to answer, but the information is still in development, so we might not have the answers right now, especially surrounding 7-Stars and Ascension.

Read the Roadmap here!

I don't think I've seen many, if any, replies from Mods to our many questions. I know it is now the weekend but you guys chose a mid-week info dump so are there any plans to actually address our questions/concerns/comments? It seems like most of the time you make posts for us to ask questions there is basically no engagement after a day or two and given the longer term nature of the timeframe for the content in this post it seems especially important that you actually stay engaged in this thread if you meant what you said about doing your best to answer our questions since you should have more info the more time that goes by but you are usually less likely to respond to things the more that time passes.
    It has now been 13 days from when you posted this thread and there still do not appear to have been any further posts from Kabam. I understand you said you may not have the answers right now, but I find it hard to believe that you don't have answers to 100% of the things we have asked about or mentioned as concerns. You said you would do your best to answer, and so many other places and times have mentioned how you are committing to improving communication, but I have seen almost no evidence of that being the case in any kind of sustained way.

From a thread like this to information dumps on Fridays with no one around to address the forum until the following week when the threads usually still get ignored until people just give up, it is very frustrating. I realize you have repeatedly said the forums aren't really intended as a place for us to engage with you but are mainly for us to communicate with each other but if that is the case then you shouldn't continually set the expectation that you will provide us information and answer questions by making posts where you tell us to post questions and comments, say that you will answer our questions and tell us how you are going to improve communication.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    At this point going to wait and see what it is like when introduced in the game. I'm the cost for a basic crystal for 7*s will be 10,000 shards. If that is the case good. If not and instead there is an increase like done with 6* dual crystals then not as good as it could have been.

For those of who have been playing the game for a while we remember how 3*s and 4*s crystals only cost 2000 shards, but then again a dupe was a fairly small amount (55 shards I believe). Then the 5* Basic was introduced at 10,000 shards and there were those of shocked, but then we got used to it.

I mention all of this in regards previous rarities as a point of reference. With 7* coming in I'm hoping the amount of 6* shards available via multiple places does increase. In connection with that I believe there needs to be an update to the amount on the login calendars monthly. I'm not expecting to get enough to form a 6* or even half a 6*, but at least enough which over the course of a couple months could form at least 1-2 6*s in a year just from the login calendar.

With all that said better communication is something I believe a large majority of the community believes needs improvement.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

At this point going to wait and see what it is like when introduced in the game. I'm the cost for a basic crystal for 7*s will be 10,000 shards. If that is the case good. If not and instead there is an increase like done with 6* dual crystals then not as good as it could have been.

For those of who have been playing the game for a while we remember how 3*s and 4*s crystals only cost 2000 shards, but then again a dupe was a fairly small amount (55 shards I believe). Then the 5* Basic was introduced at 10,000 shards and there were those of shocked, but then we got used to it.

I mention all of this in regards previous rarities as a point of reference. With 7* coming in I'm hoping the amount of 6* shards available via multiple places does increase. In connection with that I believe there needs to be an update to the amount on the login calendars monthly. I'm not expecting to get enough to form a 6* or even half a 6*, but at least enough which over the course of a couple months could form at least 1-2 6*s in a year just from the login calendar.

With all that said better communication is something I believe a large majority of the community believes needs improvement.

The Dual Crystals have the added benefit of better RNG. They narrow down the chances by having a smaller pool. Ergo, there is an increased cost. I would have to see when the time comes, but if 7*s have an increased cost, I would suspect it would only be temporary to pace their introduction. Then again, my crystal ball needs Windex.
  • I've only started in August and have 7 5* this made me think of how long it would take to get a majority of the five star champs and then 6 stars but with all of these new things coming it will likely take years for me to even come close to where the top dogs will be in few months time with 7* and rank 5 6*
  • Bluey1Bluey1 Posts: 2
    I think 7* are good to keep the game alive for longer but I can see it being too much work to get them when 6* were first introduced it took me more than a year to get one because I wasn’t uncollected and then I became uncollected and I had more way to get shards but I feel like 7* wont be available to uncollected players I feel there’s too big of a skill gap because getting cavalier is hard I don’t know if I’ll ever get to it
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    Sorry if this is already answered, but this thread is huge.

If I have a 6-star crystal in inventory now but wait to open it in November, will a dupe reward 7-star shards? Or does it only apply to crystals purchased after November starts?
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★

If I have a 6-star crystal in inventory now but wait to open it in November, will a dupe reward 7-star shards? Or does it only apply to crystals purchased after November starts?

I don’t think anything has been answered in this thread. It’s just here for the heck of it apparently.

I don’t think anything has been answered in this thread. It’s just here for the heck of it apparently.
    LOL.

Noted.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★

of course it will
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

As others have said, it will, but I think it is worth mentioning that I think your own question is probably misleading you into the wrong direction in a subtle way.

6* crystals do not generate dups. Crystals are just containers of champions. It is the champions, and more specifically the duplication of champions, that generates duplication rewards. Since the champs themselves are not changing in any way, a 6* crystal that is held until November will still be dropping the exact same champions that a 6* crystal that is earned in November would. It is just the duplication rewards that are changing when those champs drop.
    DNA3000 said:

As others have said, it will, but I think it is worth mentioning that I think your own question is probably misleading you into the wrong direction in a subtle way.

6* crystals do not generate dups. Crystals are just containers of champions. It is the champions, and more specifically the duplication of champions, that generates duplication rewards. Since the champs themselves are not changing in any way, a 6* crystal that is held until November will still be dropping the exact same champions that a 6* crystal that is earned in November would. It is just the duplication rewards that are changing when those champs drop.
    I kinda want to call you Capt. Obvious here LOL. I know how dupes work. But thanks for trying to clarify something for me anyway.

I only asked this because. For example, if I buy a featured crystal today and open it when the pool has changed in a month, the crystal will only contain the pool today, not the new one.

I would assume the answer to my question would be yes, but Kabam works in mysterious ways sometimes. Most of the time.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

I kinda want to call you Capt. Obvious here LOL. I know how dupes work. But thanks for trying to clarify something for me anyway.

I only asked this because. For example, if I buy a featured crystal today and open it when the pool has changed in a month, the crystal will only contain the pool today, not the new one.

I would assume the answer to my question would be yes, but Kabam works in mysterious ways sometimes. Most of the time.
    That's bc the featured crystals have set limited pools so they don't update. Any crystals that draw from the base pool draw from whatever that pool is when they crystal is opened not purchased. Not what you asked about but the featured crystals don't really have anything to do with that either.

I can't see any way that opening a crystal purchased now once 7* shards are in game for dupes wouldn't give shards though.
  • Tomcal22Tomcal22 Posts: 71
    Would be nice to see the cost of 5*, 4*, 3* champs have their shards cost cut in half. Seeing as how irrelevant they will be. They would only be good for ISO farming with 7* coming
  • AnnatarAnnatar Posts: 51
    What make me sad is that the MAIN Storyline becomes more and more unaccessible for me.
    I just want to see the story to know what is going on in the Contest's world.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    More precisely, what is the date of activation of 7* shards by duping 6*? As soon as the November update will go live?
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,891 ★★★★★

More precisely, what is the date of activation of 7* shards by duping 6*? As soon as the November update will go live?

That is what has been communicated in other threads, once the update is live. However it is not only by date, but you need to have the update installed in order to receive 7* shards.
    Crine60 said:

Crine60 said:

MCOC Team said:

Greetings Summoners!
    You'll likely have a lot of questions, and we'll do our best to answer, but the information is still in development, so we might not have the answers right now, especially surrounding 7-Stars and Ascension.

Read the Roadmap here!

I don't think I've seen many, if any, replies from Mods to our many questions. I know it is now the weekend but you guys chose a mid-week info dump so are there any plans to actually address our questions/concerns/comments? It seems like most of the time you make posts for us to ask questions there is basically no engagement after a day or two and given the longer term nature of the timeframe for the content in this post it seems especially important that you actually stay engaged in this thread if you meant what you said about doing your best to answer our questions since you should have more info the more time that goes by but you are usually less likely to respond to things the more that time passes.
    It has now been 13 days from when you posted this thread and there still do not appear to have been any further posts from Kabam. I understand you said you may not have the answers right now, but I find it hard to believe that you don't have answers to 100% of the things we have asked about or mentioned as concerns. You said you would do your best to answer, and so many other places and times have mentioned how you are committing to improving communication, but I have seen almost no evidence of that being the case in any kind of sustained way.

From a thread like this to information dumps on Fridays with no one around to address the forum until the following week when the threads usually still get ignored until people just give up, it is very frustrating. I realize you have repeatedly said the forums aren't really intended as a place for us to engage with you but are mainly for us to communicate with each other but if that is the case then you shouldn't continually set the expectation that you will provide us information and answer questions by making posts where you tell us to post questions and comments, say that you will answer our questions and tell us how you are going to improve communication.
    31 days and counting without a single Kabam post after the initial one saying they would do their best to answer questions. At this point why not make things clearer by locking this post until you are willing to communicate with us and then reopen it (I assume you can do that but if not just make a new one that merges this one into it).

Again, I know you said you may not have answers right now for everything but you were the ones who mentioned answering our questions in the first place and you haven't bothered to make a single additional post. For something as big as these announcements were I would think you could break your rule of not posting acknowledgements for what we say or ask if you claim not to have more information for us. All the periodic mentions of improved communication seems to be a joke.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    So does nonvember mean the 1st of November or any random day in November? Because I am hoarding six stars shards right now with the hope that on the 1st I might get the chance to get some 7 shards but I would really hate it if I have to hoard them for several weeks
    JessieS said:

So does nonvember mean the 1st of November or any random day in November? Because I am hoarding six stars shards right now with the hope that on the 1st I might get the chance to get some 7 shards but I would really hate it if I have to hoard them for several weeks

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/317988/psa-if-you-are-holding-6-shards-or-crystals-until-november#latest