**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Event quest Solo completion needs a big change

Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
TLDR: Even with sacrificing sleep, You need to use 2 Energy refills (60 units worth) to get the final milestone of the event, something that doesn't need to be done for any of the other well-balanced 22-hour events, (AND run Cav eq 3.2 five whole times in a 24 hour period). This has led most players to ignore the event entirely, I Have listed my points below and I Propose kabam make the event milestones 1/2 or even 1/3 of what they are now or completely change this particular event to something that aligns more with Summoners' daily play (across an entire month).

All other 22-hour events are easily Completed and can be done without too much difficulty and aren't out of the way for a lot of summoners (minus arena wins if you don't do arena - although I feel this is fair).

Event quest completion however doesn't fit this category at all, and is unfair to the player in 2 ways:

1. A Level 60 summoner can only get *Assuming you sleep 3 hours a day and use energy perfectly*, you can refill your energy to max 3 times across 21 hours, this only grants you 210 energy, You need 63 energy a path in Cav eq 3.2 (best way to score points for this event), With the energy you are given, you can only run the quest 3.33x in a 24-hour period meaning you can't get all the milestones - Unless you use 2 energy refills which have a value of 60 units . Other 22 hour events are easily achievable without the need for any unit spend and this event needs to be scaled down to be in line with the other 22 hour events.

2. If like me you like to bang out EQ as fast as possible (meaning you finish it all and then proceed to story content/variant/ other) after week 2 you have completed all the eq's and when the 22 hour event were to pop up you would be forced to 1. Go through content you already have completed just for the sake of the nowhere near worth it rewards (which no one is going to do) or 2. Do smaller rewarding things like Proving grounds etc although they have a much worse value energy-wise towards this event (which I'm guessing has an even worse energy to point ratio). Your best bet in this regard is to slowly complete EQ throughout the month to make progress on this event but that isn't the way id like to play the game, this is unfair to the players like me as unless we spend a ton of units We can't finish the event without massively going out of our way after week 1/2.

To conclude: Many players including myself and cast this event aside and I don't even try to attain it because of how unattainable it is. (unless the EQ is very new). I argue Kabam need to realign the difficulty of this as it is probably 3x harder to achieve than all the other objectives, My suggestion is to decrease the milestone point requirement by at least half, perhaps more.

EDIT: Even with doing the above and making it 1/3 as difficult, it's still quite difficult to get all milestones without doing any of the eq that you would have completed in the first 2 weeks.

Apologises for any grammar mistakes.

Would love to hear any feedback on this.

Comments

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    So this is what I’ll recommend for you (it helps me to only use 1 energy refill that I have in overflow).

Before going to bed (If EQ Comp begins in the morning) or before heading off to work. I fight through whatever cavalier quest I haven’t finished and I sit at the boss until EQ comp begins. So then wait till I have 70 energy so knock 2 out right when the event begins.

It’s a strategy but it’s not full proof. Hope it helps but yes I agree it needs an overhaul.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

I also only do cavalier when EQ comp is going on. Use my energy (and auto fight) on lower difficulties when eq como isn’t happening. I usually 100% cavalier by the final eq como before the month ended.

I can usually knock out first 4 or 5 EQ completion events of the month using this method, then it gets expensive if I want to do more.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Yeah I usually stop after cavalier. Maybe do a little bit in uncollected this way. But nothing after that. I just finish whenever I can
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★

So this is what I’ll recommend for you (it helps me to only use 1 energy refill that I have in overflow).

Before going to bed (If EQ Comp begins in the morning) or before heading off to work. I fight through whatever cavalier quest I haven’t finished and I sit at the boss until EQ comp begins. So then wait till I have 70 energy so knock 2 out right when the event begins.

It’s a strategy but it’s not full proof. Hope it helps but yes I agree it needs an overhaul.

Youre soooo ontop of it 😂
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    1) the final milestone is way too high and if you’re chasing it, you’re doing it wrong

2) Cavalier EQ should be reserved for these days

3) clear paths to hit the 22500 and get the daily units then go back to other business.

I’m saving 3.2 in case I need the 1000 unit offer. I did 6 paths across the first four quests to get my units today. I also got the units two times by doing 3 paths in 3.1 and one in 2.2. As someone else mentioned, don’t forget that you can stop before the boss fight (or during) then kill the boss to get points for 0 energy used during the event.

I’m exploring act 8, and I really don’t understand how someone can be short on energy unless you’re using piles for BGs or aggressively farming 3.2.6 because you’re using too many items.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Cavalier EQ offers 147000 points for completion. That’s just over 6.5x getting the units. Say you aim for 6 times, that’s 21-24 days of the month depending on when event falls. (I’m not doing the math for the fact it’s shorter than a full 24h).

Youre soooo ontop of it 😂
    TyEdge said:

1) the final milestone is way too high and if you’re chasing it, you’re doing it wrong

2) Cavalier EQ should be reserved for these days

3) clear paths to hit the 22500 and get the daily units then go back to other business.

I’m saving 3.2 in case I need the 1000 unit offer. I did 6 paths across the first four quests to get my units today. I also got the units two times by doing 3 paths in 3.1 and one in 2.2. As someone else mentioned, don’t forget that you can stop before the boss fight (or during) then kill the boss to get points for 0 energy used during the event.

I’m exploring act 8, and I really don’t understand how someone can be short on energy unless you’re using piles for BGs or aggressively farming 3.2.6 because you’re using too many items.

The entire post is based on the final milestone pretty much. It shouldnt be nearly as hard. Thanks for sharing your guide though
    IKON said:

I also only do cavalier when EQ comp is going on. Use my energy (and auto fight) on lower difficulties when eq como isn’t happening. I usually 100% cavalier by the final eq como before the month ended.

I can usually knock out first 4 or 5 EQ completion events of the month using this method, then it gets expensive if I want to do more.
    me too, I'm curious as to how many others do it like this
  • PGK88PGK88 Posts: 84
    For people just trying to get the 25 units - > Daily Quest (class catalyst) expert difficulty provides 2200 points at expense of 24 energy. So one full energy could fetch 6600 points by just auto playing. :)
    I 100% explore catalyst quest and basic catalyst quest twice during the 22 hr event and get 16,800 points (and most of the times, the quests reset during the 22 hour event - giving me plenty of time to go for a second round and rewards). Then auto play Uncollected 2.2 couple of times (or repeat catalyst quest) to get to throne breaker milestone of 22,500 for 25 units.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    edited October 2022
    I only ever hit the 4th milestone and do paths that give me exactly 22500 points if possible. That allows me to do all events in the month.
    I do that trick of waiting to complete the quest till the event starts, the night before. I sometimes use an energy refill but I never have less than 10.
    Works for me.