**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

BGs & AW dates

War season ends after today, yet BG season end date is Nov. 14th. Maybe I missed the edited updates, but I can’t find if people will miss out on alliance BGs rewards, if they were to go to a different alliance.
AW season will resume around Nov. 8th is my guess. So people would only have around
1 week to join an alliance if people have to stay until Nov 14th? Can’t find anything in Season 2 BG announcement.
If anyone knows, would be appreciated.

Comments

• Lucky7LucianoLucky7Luciano Posts: 76
    edited October 2022
    edited October 2022
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,582 Guardian
    edited October 2022
    If you switch alliances, and then contribute points toward that alliance BG event, you *should* most likely get that alliance's BG Event rank rewards.
    Would definitely have enough time (over 2+ weeks from end of AW season) to contribute and qualify in your new Ally's BG Event if you changed soon after getting AW season rewards.

But there is no way you would also get your previous ally’s rank reward. And also, no, your already-contributed Ally points do not move over with you into the new Ally's Event points (you only keep your Solo Event points, not Ally).

*should*, because a reply I got from Kabam Porthos said they weren’t sure what the Blackout Period is for Battlegrounds Ally event, or whether a Blackout period even exists for it or not (a lot of the old Blackout period requirements have either been shortened or completely done away with over the years).
    Maybe 3 days (??) if any ?

(note for @Mackey too)

They mentioned it might be similar to AW (not sure there is actually a Blackout period for AW, because it should just be conditioned on 5 wars even if you had first joined exactly right before being able to get into those last 5 wars, and that's longer than 5 days anyways).

As for getting Ally BG Rank rewards, you most likely have to still be in alliance at the time Rewards are sent out (similar to any other Ally Rewards).
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

If you switch alliances, and then contribute points toward that alliance BG event, you *should* most likely get that alliance's BG Event rank rewards.
    Would definitely have enough time (over 2+ weeks from end of AW season) to contribute and qualify in your new Ally's BG Event if you changed soon after getting AW season rewards.

But there is no way you would also get your previous ally’s rank reward. And also, no, your already-contributed Ally points do not move over with you into the new Ally's Event points (you only keep your Solo Event points, not Ally).

*should*, because a reply I got from Kabam Porthos said they weren’t sure what the Blackout Period is for Battlegrounds Ally event, or whether a Blackout period even exists for it or not (a lot of the old Blackout period requirements have either been shortened or completely done away with over the years).
    Maybe 3 days (??) if any ?

(note for @Mackey too)

They mentioned it might be similar to AW (not sure there is actually a Blackout period for AW, because it should just be conditioned on 5 wars even if you had first joined exactly right before being able to get into those last 5 wars, and that's longer than 5 days anyways).

As for getting Ally BG Rank rewards, you most likely have to still be in alliance at the time Rewards are sent out (similar to any other Ally Rewards).

Appreciate the note 👌 I'm not bothered about the points I have scored in the current ally, I know that they won't carry over and I won't get that ally rank rewards. I am however bothered if I will qualify for the new ally rank rewards (once I have contributed, of course) or not
    Its probably just an overthought on my part but I just like to be sure so I don't end up with nothing 🤣🤣
    edited October 2022
    @Mackey
    @SummonerNR

So are you saying that summoners “should” be safe if they join a new alliance, or no? Didn’t quite understand the clarification, & whether or not there is a blackout & what that time frame would be in AW during offseason. Asking because the alliance did well in BGs.
    Also, if there’s no minimum amount of time needed for BGs ranked rewards, wouldn’t that mean that summoners can keep joining/quitting alliances until they find an alliance with high rewards?
    And just want to get it right. So if someone decides to stay in their current alliance, because they got high points for Alliance Rank Rewards, & don’t want to risk not getting as many points in another alliance within the remaining time frame, they will have 1 week or so to find a new alliance, correct?

@Mackey
    @SummonerNR

So are you saying that summoners “should” be safe if they join a new alliance, or no? Didn’t quite understand the clarification, & whether or not there is a blackout & what that time frame would be in AW during offseason. Asking because the alliance did well in BGs.
    Also, if there’s no minimum amount of time needed for BGs ranked rewards, wouldn’t that mean that summoners can keep joining/quitting alliances until they find an alliance with high rewards?

Well if you leave your current ally before the end of this battlegrounds season then you will not get that particular ally's rewards from the battlegrounds event, that much is obvious to me.

What I want to know is if I will be able to get the rewards from my new ally at the end of the battlegrounds season, after contributing of course. I created a discussion about it which is why @SummonerNR was kind enough to tag me in this post I guess.