**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Help me love CAWWII

Just duped him, and know he is rated highly by nearly everyone. But I just dont see it at all? I will R5 him if people would be good enough to explain to me what is so good about him, and how to use him correctly?

Comments

• The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    He can take virtually 0 damage when blocking, stun on s1 and s3, bleed on s2.
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    Thanks for the reply mate. I know all that, but there must be more to him to be rated so highly? God or demi-God tier in most cases? Plus, he is as boring as feck to play
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    That's pretty much it though. For lesser gods in the game that can't dodge any and all incoming, his near perfect block makes him so joyous.
    He is not a flashy champ, true. But he is very solid in what he does. Stun, Bleed, and overall survivability.
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    So worth R5 duped in your opinion?
  • OndZOndZ Posts: 75
    Yes, i will R5 as soon as possible (waiting for 3rd science cat).
    Cap is universal hero. He blocks so much. He can take you through hard fights. Hes good.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Just duped him, and know he is rated highly by nearly everyone. But I just dont see it at all? I will R5 him if people would be good enough to explain to me what is so good about him, and how to use him correctly?

His perfect block chance increases for each buff the opponent has when they attack you. It can be anything that benefits them as long as it’s a buff, so armour up, fury, precision etc. Depending on your sig level and the % that it gives you should perfect block most hits when they have 2 buffs and all of them with 3 or more. This includes special attacks. Otherwise it’s just the bleed, stun and standard perfect block chance and increased block prof. Personally I rank him as the 2nd best science after hulk. Depends on whether you prefer to play it safe or have the massive damage output. Quake is good too but I just don’t like her playstyle. MODOK could be worth r5 as well but haven’t seen him yet so hard to tell.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    He is one of the wettest noodles in the game.

Super low damage, okay bleed, and very low prestige too.

If you are ever selling a champ, he should be one that is up for consideration.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    He's a good low/mid tier champ, I used him through all of act 4 but left him behind for better options later on. Once I got Hulk to R5, he was my go-to science champ. Now, focusing on 5 star champs, I'd rather have Quake or Hulk.

Also, in act 5, you don't really want to be blocking too much, and he takes forever to kill anything. He's just not as viable for the end game.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    So worth R5 duped in your opinion?
    Yes. Did mine as soon as I duped him, never regretted doing so.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Best cientific IMO
    followed by Hulk, Yellowjacket and Quake
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    If you’re good at keeping a streak and playing well in long fights, Cap is without equal in the science class. Max parry and he’ll always perfectly block all damage on a parry, and significantly reduce other blocks - especially when the enemy has one or two buffs.

I know perfect block is not a sexy concept, but in tougher content where normal champs lose a fair amount of health just from blocking, it is a godsend. The best champ to handle virtually any path in 5.3.6 (the science map)