**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Phoenix

Can anybody tell me or explain why Phoenix is so bad in the game? She’s supposed to be a level 5 mutant world ender but in the game she is not great. Yes I know she’s good with Professor X but she shouldn’t have to be paired with anybody.

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

She needs a buf

Maybe make her incinerate immune, and buff her second life, kinda like Nick Fury, with more damage and more incinerate damage or simply burst damage.

I dont think these changes would be too hard to implement

You'd think but that's not always a given..
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★

SuelGames said:

She needs a buf

Maybe make her incinerate immune, and buff her second life, kinda like Nick Fury, with more damage and more incinerate damage or simply burst damage.

I dont think these changes would be too hard to implement

You'd think but that's not always a given..
    Oh well, im just throwing suggestions here, i dont expect them to follow it lol

However, they did pretty much what i said about incursions lol cant lie i was pretty happy about XD

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/312915/incursions-revived-to-applaud-a-community-member#latest
  • tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    edited October 2022
    RZRBLADZ said:

Can anybody tell me or explain why Phoenix is so bad in the game? She’s supposed to be a level 5 mutant world ender but in the game she is not great. Yes I know she’s good with Professor X but she shouldn’t have to be paired with anybody.

agreed. I would like her be reverse control/incinerate/power manipulate immune. Able to bypass miss and second life giving her crazy damage boost with some cool VFX on her second life(like become a white crown version in second life)
  • CapriciousCapricious Posts: 215 ★★

SuelGames said:

She needs a buf

I dont think these changes would be too hard to implement, she would be usefull but not op. Also, i would swap her outfit for the second life for the Dark Phoenix, the red suite one, that would be pretty cool imo

Great idea she could go dark phoenix like lmd an burn her self out like her own version of nova flames or mephestos aura
    On that same wave length they also should make Base Phoenix regular Jean Grey and give her more appropriate telepathic/telekinetic abilities. Then when she dies she is reborn into thag Phoenix state where her strikes get the extra incinerate. Make regular Jean reverse control immune, give her some kind of mind control on her heavy attacks (she actually touches her head if you hold it long enough) and update her synergies appropriately
  • TheParasiteTheParasite Posts: 416 ★★
    I even forgot she is still existing in this game
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★
    #BuffPhoenix campaign?
  • Matthew950Matthew950 Posts: 155
    Marvel vs capcom anyone?
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,628 ★★★★★
    Better yet, why is Black Bolt like the simplest and most basic champion? His voice literally shattered planets in the comics, and the only way to get him to do decent damage is with a full synergy team around him.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Better yet, why is Black Bolt like the simplest and most basic champion? His voice literally shattered planets in the comics, and the only way to get him to do decent damage is with a full synergy team around him.

Because he was one of the earliest Champions released. Go back to some of the earliest champions in the game and you could fill their entire kit on a Post-It.