**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is 6* Cable Worth R3?

JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
I've got a 5* Apocalypse, who's going to R5 soon. Is Cable worth R3?

Other 6* R3 mutant options include Storm, Colossus, Rogue, and Jubilee.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    Is he duped?
  • BuildBuild Posts: 42
    The Apoc synergy makes it worth it. Unlimited degen debuffs through heavies.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,590 ★★★★
    If Cable is duped, then that is a immediate rank up. Not duped, then wait
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    I took my 6* to r3 unduped to run with r3 white mags and apoc, for continuous willpower healing under suicides. They cleared at least 60% of act 7 100% alongside r3 corvus.

He's well worth the rank up, even just to get the best out of apoc!!
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,735 ★★★★★
    Cable is a monster alongside Apocalypse. I asked the same question back in the day and got the answer that Cable is perfectly fine at r2, but I honestly have had no regrets about ignoring that advice and taking him to r3.

I'm not sure why people are asking you if he's duped or not. In my experience, that dupe is...well, not entirely worthless, but certainly not something that a rank-up would hinge on. You occasionally get a power gain buff, and that's about it. Since 99% of his damage comes from his degens, and those degens come from his heavy attacks, more power isn't all that useful.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Cable is not duped, but I agree with the above comment. Is he better than the other mentioned options?
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    Ercarret said:

Cable is a monster alongside Apocalypse. I asked the same question back in the day and got the answer that Cable is perfectly fine at r2, but I honestly have had no regrets about ignoring that advice and taking him to r3.

I'm not sure why people are asking you if he's duped or not. In my experience, that dupe is...well, not entirely worthless, but certainly not something that a rank-up would hinge on. You occasionally get a power gain buff, and that's about it. Since 99% of his damage comes from his degens, and those degens come from his heavy attacks, more power isn't all that useful.

Agreed +1
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★

I've got a 5* Apocalypse, who's going to R5 soon. Is Cable worth R3?

Other 6* R3 mutant options include Storm, Colossus, Rogue, and Jubilee.

as long as you can bring Apoc along, then yes Cable is r3 worthy. doesnt matter if hes duped or not. his sig ability won't do much. I use Cable with Apoc synergy 90% of wars and he's a stable and very reliable attacker. his heavy/degen is wonderful.