**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stand Your Ground bugged against unblockable?

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
So it was my understanding that “a block break” was a heavy attack. Stand your ground doesn’t stop unblockable attacks if you just hold block and let someone unblockable dash at you (unless you’re Moleman with a very specific interaction)

But i was just using Titania against a Rintrah and when I was using sp3, and heavy attacking in the corner he started resisting my block breaks while my haymakers were active (I’m unblockable while that happens)

As you can see, I’m unblockable but he’s resisting my block breaks. I also tested this against a doom with SYG and the same happened (no the Aura wasn’t up), so it’s not a Rintrah specific issue.

My guess is that the game is reading it as though the heavy attack is getting resisted, and ignoring the unblockable part. But being unblockable is not the same as just using a heavy to break a block, as I said before, dashing at a blocking opponent with SYG while unblockable cannot be blocked, so nor should a heavy attack.

Could we get some confirmation that this is a bug? This is the best way to counter Doom and Rintrah with Titania, and it’s making me sad that it doesn’t work!

Comments

• MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,495 ★★★★★

So it was my understanding that “a block break” was a heavy attack. Stand your ground doesn’t stop unblockable attacks if you just hold block and let someone unblockable dash at you (unless you’re Moleman with a very specific interaction)

But i was just using Titania against a Rintrah and when I was using sp3, and heavy attacking in the corner he started resisting my block breaks while my haymakers were active (I’m unblockable while that happens)

As you can see, I’m unblockable but he’s resisting my block breaks. I also tested this against a doom with SYG and the same happened (no the Aura wasn’t up), so it’s not a Rintrah specific issue.

My guess is that the game is reading it as though the heavy attack is getting resisted, and ignoring the unblockable part. But being unblockable is not the same as just using a heavy to break a block, as I said before, dashing at a blocking opponent with SYG while unblockable cannot be blocked, so nor should a heavy attack.

Could we get some confirmation that this is a bug? This is the best way to counter Doom and Rintrah with Titania, and it’s making me sad that it doesn’t work!

A block break is just that - any attack that breaks a block. It’s not restricted to heavy attacks. This is not a bug.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Maratox said:

A block break is just that - any attack that breaks a block. It’s not restricted to heavy attacks. This is not a bug.
    Look you may not want to say things so definitively when you don't actually know what you're talking about. SYG has never worked for unblockable attacks that's why Mole Man's kit specifies that interaction. There's definitely something wrong here.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Maratox said:

So why has stand your ground never triggered against me medium dashing at someone blocking with Titania?
  • DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    I think game is taking heavy as first input for syg, rather than unblockable hit
    That's the only reason i can think of, which needs to be fixed