**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Seven Stars revise for the community

MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
Now with the confirmation of 7 stars being added sooner than later we have a semi split community, with the few who like this and the majority that hate this, I am on the majority but I had an idea of a better system rather than 7 stars.

Now here is a idea that you can dislike if you want, Now instead of 7stars you have a system that pushes past your max sig of 200, now this would be a Red star.

The red stars would be add a percentage buff to your active sig ability like let's say for example Magneto at sig 200 like such

Let's say with Mags heavy damage of 1621.39 boost this will be increased with a placeholder number of 10% per each star this would effect all star rarities boosting X percentage for each star the champion has

This would be imputed with max sig crystals or even as a gem of some sort, once you gain this said gem or item you must use gold and some resources to awaken for each star.

The star will boost your champions Sig ability by a percentage and to gain more stars you would have to face rng again or gems until the champion has full red stars with the percentage of each star going from let's say
1 red star + 10%
2 red star + 15%
3 red star + 20%
4 red star + 25%
5 red star + 30%
6 red star + 50%
So a total of 150% (remember these are place holders)

Once all red stars are activated you will get rewarded for such

Reward ideas
-pfp with unique border for said champion

-boost in star rarities shards Example: 4* dupe without all red star = 275 5* shards / 4* dupe with all red stars = 550 5* shards
(If 6* then you will now get 500 6* shards)

-title that changes to amount of specific star rarities with max red stars

Now this may be a bit far fetched and has very low chances of ever coming to the game as we already have 7 stars in the next few days but this could be a fun and rewarding new system that doesn't require you to grind a new rarity for the next few years.

Any opinions?

Comments

• MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Didn't add it to post but after you get Max red stars for a champion the champion could have a animation effect like a glow or something on the champ in fight or on its banner
    edited November 2022

They should call it "Acension". Here's my totally original idea...

You got your laugh now let me say that this only goes for rank ups a system to take from rank 1-5 for any 4-6 stars, that will let you exceed that rank limit, I'm talking about signature abilities, read the post @Demonzfyre

These different things can exist and add to eachother
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    MaxGaming said:

You got your laugh now let me say that this only goes for rank ups a system to take from rank 1-5 for any 4-6 stars, that will let you exceed that rank limit, I'm talking about signature abilities, read the post @Demonzfyre

I fail to see how they're different. Acensions are designed to take you beyond rank 5. That's what you're talking about. They're exactly the same thing.

Even then, your red star idea is taken straight from Marvel Strike Force.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★
    Nah, some sig abilities are about worthless or very situational.

MaxGaming said:

I fail to see how they're different. Acensions are designed to take you beyond rank 5. That's what you're talking about. They're exactly the same thing.

Even then, your red star idea is taken straight from Marvel Strike Force.
    I never said beyond rank 5 I'm talking specifically about the signature abilities and to add beyond the silver star gained from dupes, completely different and saying red stars doesn't mean it's the same as MSF with there system they boost everything in percentages like hp damage etc. I'm specifically talking about the duplicate system with different ways to achieve it and all once again read what I said
    ChiliDog said:

Nah, some sig abilities are about worthless or very situational.

Yeah but it will help the useful ones and makes some people happy if it it helps customize their favorite champion making then look better
  • PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260
    I don't know any single person not ready to get there first 7* even if it is going to be a noodle it will still be a 7* noodle bring it on 7* unduped Groot. 😂
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★

People keep saying they're done when they're released, but I'd like a head count when the time comes.

Are you planning a going away party for them? Why do you need a headcount?
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    Having read through your post OP I can see where you are coming from. My thoughts are that the wide disparity with different Sig abilities across champions could make this hard to achieve. What I could have seen working is every 'super' rank giving a small bonus to Power Rate, Critical Hit chance, Critical Damage, Ability Accuracy etc irrespective of whatever the Sig ability is. That's probably wandering into future Relic territory though.

I think for me the problem is less 7* champs but the number of meta-irrelevant champions that will be in the basic 7* pool. There's many, many 7* champs that will remain at rank 1 because they're just bad in the current meta and/or are significantly less useful without a high Sig or even being awakened. Yes the increased health and attack values will be really nice for 7* but that's about it.

I don't know if a relevent number of players will want to leave because 7* are coming to the game. Some may if their first 7* is Iron Patriot, Black Bolt or Captain America WW2 though, I think.

We've been here before. That's why I'm interested in Relics and Ascension more right now.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Getting new champ rarity is essential for this game survival, some people just don't see that, but there's already thousands of players who got 90% or even all available 6*, how do you gonna keep these people interested in playing and most importantly opening crystals, because opening crystals = money for kabam, no money for kabam = dead game

Exactly. 7*s may make some people quit the game (though I’m skeptical about how many who say they’ll quit will actually), but no 7*s would kill the game. I know which one I’d prefer.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Chobbly said:

I think for me the problem is less 7* champs but the number of meta-irrelevant champions that will be in the basic 7* pool. There's many, many 7* champs that will remain at rank 1 because they're just bad in the current meta and/or are significantly less useful without a high Sig or even being awakened. Yes the increased health and attack values will be really nice for 7* but that's about it.

This is all well and true, but a 7* pull will automatically have more value than a 6* pull in terms of which champion you get, no matter what. And I don’t even mean because a 7* has higher stats.

If I have a Nick fury duped 6*, pulling him again as a 6* means nothing to me. A little bit more sig level, great, he ticks down a couple seconds slower. Hyperion, tiny bit more buff duration. Take it to the extreme, max sig Doom, Ghost, or Valkyrie whoever it is, that’s automatically a bad pull even though they’re incredible champions.

If I pull a 6* rhino, it sucks, if I pull a 7* it’s sucks. But if I pull a 6* mr negative that’s 1k 6* shards. If I pull a 7* mr negative that’s an incredible investment for the future.

If you just compare hunting 6*s now to hunting 7*s when they’re released, and ignore the emotional feeling of getting bad champions, you already have a greater chance of pulling something good.

This has the minor caveat that the pool likely won’t be wild right at the start, but if 7*s follow the same pattern as 6*s, we can hold onto shards for months without feeling like we need the 7*s to do content. Then when the pool gets better, start opening them and planning for the future.

The question now will be “then why do we need 7*s if they won’t be needed for content yet?” And the answer is that the transition into 7*s needs to be smooth. If 7*s were added in the game suddenly in 2 years time when we actually needed them for content, that sudden shift would be so severe it wouldn’t go well.

The way they do it is the best of both worlds. 1) people with almost all the 6*s have someone good to chase. I personally have only 6 or 7 pulls in the basic I’d genuinely be happy about. There’s other, ok options. But I have almost everyone I want.
    2) there’s a smooth transition to when 7*s are actually needed. Those who like their 6*s get to carry on using them for 3ish years. Think about how long we got to use our 5*s in serious content, and then add extra time because of ascension this time.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 1,943 ★★★★
    That's a terrible idea lol
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Chobbly said:

Having read through your post OP I can see where you are coming from. My thoughts are that the wide disparity with different Sig abilities across champions could make this hard to achieve. What I could have seen working is every 'super' rank giving a small bonus to Power Rate, Critical Hit chance, Critical Damage, Ability Accuracy etc irrespective of whatever the Sig ability is. That's probably wandering into future Relic territory though.

I don't know if a relevent number of players will want to leave because 7* are coming to the game. Some may if their first 7* is Iron Patriot, Black Bolt or Captain America WW2 though, I think.

We've been here before. That's why I'm interested in Relics and Ascension more right now.

Agree with this. Imagine pulling IG iron man as your first 7* after 3 months of duping 6*. ..
  • People keep saying they're done when they're released, but I'd like a head count when the time comes.

I don't know any single person not ready to get there first 7* even if it is going to be a noodle it will still be a 7* noodle bring it on 7* unduped Groot. 😂

Me. I'm done when 7*s are released lol.
    why when they are relased?
    they are bound to release now. shouldnt you already head out knowing 7stars are coming
    and apparently you cant work to acquire them again.. the same hardwork you do now to acquire the new 6stars... smh

if someone says
    working to get new 6stars situation is different because your current 6stars would be useful
    well thats not different from working to get 7stars either
    you will be using your current god tier or whatever 6stars only to get these 7star shards
    Because it makes me feel like I have to start my roster progression all over, and I'm not about that. I have things I want to do with my time other than grind for a new champ rarity in a mobile game.

Bottom line is that I don't want to play this game forever, and the release of 7*s just gives me a good marker to get out. I'm f2p, and with everything that's coming, especially relics and 7*s, I don't feel like I will be able to keep up, as I'm sure they'll try to monetize the heck out of them.
    Why do you have to start your roster progression all over again? Nothing about the introduction of 7 stars will force you to spend hours grinding for a new champion rarity. If you looked at the history of the game, 6* champions didn't overtake 5*s in terms of usefulness until we were able to get r3 6*s more easily. Until then, most 5*s were better than their r2 6* counterparts due to the extra 15% power gain a r5 has over a r2. If kabam follows the same pattern they have been since r4 5*s, we won't even see a ftp 7* that goes higher than a 6* for 3.5 years, with the release of 9.4. Also, we now have ascension so 7*s will be worse than ascended 6*s until we can get the rank above r5 6*s.

TLDR: 7*s won't overtake 6*s in the meta for a really long time, don't worry about getting them.

Note: 7*s are mainly for prestige whales to chase something new since it is too easy to acquire and sig 200 the new 6* prestige champions