**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kitty Pryde is op

I have R4 awakened 5* Kitty Pryde and I decided to test out how good she actually is, damage wise. I took on all 8 out of 11 fights with kitty pryde and these were the results:

Winter Soldier- 45k biggest hit, 4 mins 26 secs

Captain Marvel- 38k biggest hit, 4 mins 11 secs

Juggernaut- (used spidey99 instead) 10k biggest hit, 5 mins 25 secs

Rhino- 28k biggest hit, 6 mins 32 secs

Storm- 41k biggest hit, 4 mins 53 secs

Vision- 32k biggest hit, 5 mins 27 secs

Black Panther- 54k biggest hit, 4 mins 11 secs

Scarlet Witch- (used infamous iron man instead) 13k biggest hit, 3 mins 25 secs

Wolverine- (used omega sentinel instead) 8k biggest hit, 3 mins 18 secs

Black Bolt- 2 tries (walked into sp2 with 13 furies and 12 cruelties while under 3 prowess during the first try)
attempt 1: 28k biggest hit, 3 mins 18 secs, black bolt has 14% left
attempt 2: (level 2 revive, no health potions) 13k biggest hit, 44 secs

Hulk- 39k biggest hit, 5 mins 6 secs

Overall, this was a fun experience for me, and I've learned a few simple rotations that I enjoy using for Kitty Pryde, and I can definitely say I understand why everyone is saying she is op. Definitely taking her to R5 soon

Comments

• Superstar_1126Superstar_1126 Posts: 399 ★★
    Nocko said:

They should give everyone a Kitty Pryde or remove her from the game

No, neither of those should happen in my opinion. She's amazing in many matchups, but her uses are somewhat limited.

1. She is harder to use against incinerate immune champions
    2. Amazing on attack, not the best on defense
    3. damage ramp up can take some time if opponents don't cooperate
    4. Many people have shown that Kitty Pryde is not needed for everything or most things since there can be many alternatives
    5. Same thing you said can also be said about Hercules.
    6. Free champions are, most of the time, wishful thinking
    7. Kabam seems to be happy with where she is at and the same can be said from the majority of MCOC community
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★
    8. That was sarcasm.
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    edited November 2022

Nocko said:

No, neither of those should happen in my opinion. She's amazing in many matchups, but her uses are somewhat limited.

4. Many people have shown that Kitty Pryde is not needed for everything or most things since there can be many alternatives
    7. Kabam seems to be happy with where she is at and the same can be said from the majority of MCOC community
    Kabam has said they would have nerfed her if she was subjected to the balance program. Kitty can be a great defender on the right nodes. She can handle incinerate immune champions just fine, just have to adjust your play style a little bit. While she is not needed for everything, she is capable of handling most fights in the game. You can use ghost and tigra with her and she ramps up pretty quickly.
    Snakep said:

Nocko said:

Kabam has said they would have nerfed her if she was subjected to the balance program. Kitty can be a great defender on the right nodes. She can handle incinerate immune champions just fine, just have to adjust your play style a little bit. While she is not needed for everything, she is capable of handling most fights in the game. You can use ghost and tigra with her and she ramps up pretty quickly.
    Didn't know about Kabam saying she would've been nerfed, but now I do. I never said she was a bad or horrible defender, just sometimes there are much better options and AW is not the only place to place defenders anymore, since the addition of battlegrounds, where the meta (so far) doesn't fit Kitty Pryde the best on defense.

She is slightly harder to use against incinerate immune champions, she does handle them just fine. It just seems like you are suggesting I said "she is impossible to use against incinerate immune champs" when that is not what I said. I just said she is harder to use, probably would've been a good idea to put "slightly" in front but I thought the point of that statement would be pretty clear.

Not everyone has a kitty pryde, or a kitty pryde that is high rank. So, there are many alternatives even sometimes they are not the best alternatives, they can get the job done just as kitty pryde can. And while synergies are good and sometimes amazing and fun, not everyone uses them, like me.

Kitty Pryde is amazing and while there can be many arguments, and arguments for those arguments, against her, that doesn't always mean that someone is saying she is weak or a bad champion.
    Nocko said:

Nocko said:

Dont mind me, friend
    Just cracking a little inside forum joke... there was a poster who declared Dr Doom was too OP and that Kabam should give everyone one or remove him. I think he set the record for most disagrees on a post
    ahh ok, got it. No hard feelings or anything
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Kitty isn’t too op.

To be fair, she was specifically name dropped alongside Hercules as someone who would have been tuned down had the rebalance program been active in 2021 by Kabam John, so there might be something to that claim.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Nocko said:

thank you for reminding of the classic forum gem
    for anyone that wants the original link: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/221552/either-nerf-doom-or-give-everyone-doom/p1
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★

Nocko said:

Not before I get a Quake first. It's only been 6 years of waiting! 😆
    Heard 7* quake sounds nice 🤣