**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Slight AQ score differences between BGs at 100%

SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
What accounts for the small differences in total score between battle groups in Alliance Quest (when all have finished at 100%)?

Does fighting an AQ battle with a champ that has a class disadvantage increase the point value of a fight?

Are the point values of matches influenced by champions gaining back health if they have regen? Meaning, let's say I take Iron Man down 70% then get KOed, someone else fights him and he regens back to 80% of his original health then they get KOed, and finally a third person comes in who defeats him. Would the combined point value of the the three of us fighting him be greater than if one person were to defeat him in a single attempt? FYI, this is a hypothetical scenario.

Any insights into the relatively small score differences in AQ are greatly appreciated. I may be completely off in my guesses as to what's going on..so share your knowledge!
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I think your guess is good plus I am wondering if there is prestige differences in each BGs.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    I think your guess is good plus I am wondering if there is prestige differences in each BGs.
    That’s close to one of the possibilities. Points are based on the alliance prestige when a fight starts. Likely one bg had more fights than the other after the alliance’s prestige went up.
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 200
    Linked node*
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Freakyd wrote: »
    There are more points to win if node was still up when the fight was won.

I can tell you that this is wrong. From experience.
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    See below for an example of point differences. Points vary by roughly 1,000 for each BG.

6wn5jmmbasg7.png
    Looking at that pic an bg participation it looks like you have new people coming into the alliance or leaving during the AQ? That will cause your Alliance PI to fluctuate and could result in those point differences if PI swung far in one direction over the course of the AQ.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    There seems to be a slight difference in points based on which class symbiods you face. In the higher maps all symbiods are the same, every day and in every bg, but in the lower maps they change and different bg’s have different symbiods they face.

This, but also prestige that changed during the day (member leaving/joining or someone ranking/selling on of their top 5 champs) seems to make the difference in points in my personal experience.

The difference from the symbiods is really, really low, the difference this pic shows is more likely from a prestige change during the aq.
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Looking at that pic an bg participation it looks like you have new people coming into the alliance or leaving during the AQ? That will cause your Alliance PI to fluctuate and could result in those point differences if PI swung far in one direction over the course of the AQ.

Nobody has joined/left the alliance in weeks. The chat at the bottom is for AW placement (must have been toggled to that one).

Nobody has joined/left the alliance in weeks. The chat at the bottom is for AW placement (must have been toggled to that one).

But they rank champs, do they?
    Gwendoline wrote: »

The difference from the symbiods is really, really low, the difference this pic shows is more likely from a prestige change during the aq.

So, as you're suggesting, this would mean the value assigned to prestige at the beginning of each AQ is not actually consistent for the 24-hour duration of each AQ?

xgndnsqzcdwt.png
    edited December 2017

But they rank champs, do they?

Well, sure it's possible. But wouldn't that mean the value assigned to prestige at the beginning of each AQ is not actually consistent for the 24-hour duration of each AQ? Is this change reflected in the prestige value displayed? I've never noticed it change during an AQ, but I haven't payed super close attention... so maybe you can verify.

cmfa9gebisqr.png

So, as you're suggesting, this would mean the value assigned to prestige at the beginning of each AQ is not actually consistent for the 24-hour duration of each AQ?

xgndnsqzcdwt.png

The moment you rank or sell something that affects your prestige, the aq prestige changes.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I believe It’s based on symbioid points I believe. Every bg has different symbioids they fight that award different points. I think something about this ha been mentioned before. Map 6 has no symbioids and the scores are always the same across each bg
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I believe It’s based on symbioid points I believe. Every bg has different symbioids they fight that award different points. I think something about this ha been mentioned before. Map 6 has no symbioids and the scores are always the same across each bg

Thanks! This seems like the most plausible explanation. Much appreciated!

Thanks! This seems like the most plausible explanation. Much appreciated!

You realize I said that already, right?

In maps 1-3 the symbiods give a slight difference in point (less then 100 last time I ran map 3) and then a difference in prestige (and prestige jumps up more often in a map 3 alliance thne in other alliances) adds to this difference. The prestige thing happens in higher maps too, but in map 5/6 walking alliances, prestige changes less often.

I thought back in season 3 Kabam said they had done away with random syms for the sole ourpose of quashing varying points based on pure luck of the draw.

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I thought back in season 3 Kabam said they had done away with random syms for the sole ourpose of quashing varying points based on pure luck of the draw.

At least on the paths I take for map 5, syms are always the same. never noticed it changing?
    edited December 2017
    I didn’t say random syms. Just each bg gets the same syms and they are different between groups
    I didn’t say random syms. Just each bg gets the same syms and they are different between groups

That is not true. They are random still, but only for maps 1, 2 and 3.
    I havent played map 3 in a while but I was referring to map 5 ones
    I havent played map 3 in a while but I was referring to map 5 ones

In map 5 every bg has the same symbiods, on the same place, every day. Every alliance, every day, always. So I'm not sure what you mean about them being different between groups if that was about map 5.
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    Map 5 doesn't change @Primmer79 map 3 does.
    edited December 2017
    @GwendolineYeah, got the part you said early on about the symbiods. Think that's got to be it tho, because the stated prestige value doesn't seem to change for the 24-hour duration of the AQ. In fact, if a champ being used is upgraded in the middle of AQ, the strength of the champ doesn't increase until the end of the event. Also, I've noticed the champ gets highlighted in green til the end of the event (I'm guessing to signify this).
    I thought they were different but I haven’t been in a different bg since the last season so maybe I was wrong on the map 5 stuff. Thanks for pointing it out
    edited December 2017

The screenshot is of a Map 2 we did, so this would make sense.

From what I'm hearing, the scores in map 6 are always consistent.

Can anyone say for sure if there are differences between BGs at 100% for Maps 4 and 5 (meaning, can symbiods be different for each BG)?
    I just looked and our map 5 scores are the same so that doesn’t happen on map 5

Cool. Thanks for confirming.

The screenshot is of a Map 2 we did, so this would make sense.

From what I'm hearing, the scores in map 6 are always consistent.

Can anyone say for sure if there are differences between BGs at 100% for Maps 4 and 5 (meaning, can symbiods be different for each BG)?

I’ve been confirming this.

Symbiods are the same on those maps. They are even on the maps of those maps because they never even change.m604v52n888j.jpeg

Our score is only different between bg’s if we had a prestige change during the day.
  • Delta_14Delta_14 Posts: 64

Our map 5 scores vary at 100%. Usually it's only by a couple of points, but they do vary.