**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Aegon vs Hercules in Abyss

GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
edited November 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I have a question for people who have done Abyss paths with both Aegon and Hercules.
I am planning on doing exploration soon (have only done path 1)
I already have a Herc rank 4 sig 180. And a Aegon rank 3 sig 200.
I also have the other horsemen (Nick as a 5*) and other original primary counters like Corvus, She-hulk, Void.

I have the resources to rank 4 aegon if that is the tie breaker.

Comparison between equal ranks would be most appreciated.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Thank you very much
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 223 ★★

Herc isn’t too good for abyss, aegon on the other hand is made for abyss . But i don’t think you need to take him to r4.

I did 3 paths in abyss with Herc as my main damage dealer. All less than 80 revives. Aegon maybe made for abyss but herc is no slouch.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    For long contents Like abyss Aegon is the best champion in the game. In summary once you can achieve 999 combo on Aegon he is just the best champ no cap.
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 396 ★★★
    I certainly wouldnt take anyone to r4 only for abyss, it only awards r3 resources, you'd lose far more than you gain
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 988 ★★★★

Herc isn’t too good for abyss, aegon on the other hand is made for abyss . But i don’t think you need to take him to r4.

I did 3 paths in abyss with Herc as my main damage dealer. All less than 80 revives. Aegon maybe made for abyss but herc is no slouch.
    I never called herc a slouch😂 i said he isn’t too good for abyss. abyss is mostly about dealing damage and bringing the defender down, you can use as many items as you want but that is not efficient. Champs like aegon and stryfe are extremely efficient in abyss whereas herc is effective but not efficient.
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 223 ★★

I never called herc a slouch😂 i said he isn’t too good for abyss. abyss is mostly about dealing damage and bringing the defender down, you can use as many items as you want but that is not efficient. Champs like aegon and stryfe are extremely efficient in abyss whereas herc is effective but not efficient.
    And I disagree that "he isn't too good" for abyss. An R4 herc can do numerous fights in abyss in 1 or 2 revives, with no need to heal up, including ones you wouldn't think of like Masacre. Bring capIW and he slaughters the tech fights and killmongers. And I found him easier to use on the grandmaster than stryfe was on my mutant run. Is Aegon at r4 better than herc at r4 for abyss, most likely. Is aegon at r3 better than herc at r4, much less sure. I found ramping aegon up during my testing to be much more stressful, so for myself alone I had a much easier time of it ramping herc.

And none of this compares the complete catastrophe that was my carina challengers run. Now that one sucked.
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 988 ★★★★
    @horrendous_too i totally agree with all the points you mentioned! Herc is one of the best champs in the game and his ease of use and damage is amazing and he shines in almost all the contents but i stand by my statement that he isn’t the best choice for abyss, if i have to choose between a r3 aegon and r4 herc, i’d go with aegon because it normally takes 2-3 revives to ramp him up and after that there is no stopping the force he is for the content.

And yeah the carina challengers one sucks alot, but if you have shang chi he can solo most fights for you, he’s not too good for the collector but otherwise a banger for most of the fights