**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War's starting early...

YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
I get daylight savings time happened, but you've had a good four days to fix this, guys. I'm a Masters-level war planner who works third shift. With wars at 2 pm, I can feasibly get 5 hours of sleep, plan war, then take a nap before work. Pushing it up an hour is going to actively hurt my physical health to plan wars. I've been used to 2 pm wars for 38 seasons now-can you *please* fix this? This is actively going to affect and hurt my schedule, and I know I'm not the only one.

Comments

• YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

no offense but real life should be more focused on compared to the game, the game shouldnt need to accommodate every single person. this is why there is officers and 24 hours for set up and attack... it sucks that times change but the game shouldnt have to to fit individual needs or the minority.

While I would agree with you, there's three problems with your theory.

1. I signed up to be war planner. I actively decided this would be something I planned to do, and I'm not about to back out of it. It's not like I do anything before work anyways.

2. You say 'game shouldn't have to fit individual needs', but you forget that I was perfectly fine with the war time where it was-and it changed incorrectly despite the entire rest of the game correctly adjusting to daylight savings time ending. This is clearly not intended-or if it is, it was not announced, which is another mistake.

3. There is no planning phase. Attack and planning are simultaneous, and if planning is late in masters level alliances, you don't finish the map. So the 24 hours thing is kinda not accurate.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

no offense but real life should be more focused on compared to the game, the game shouldnt need to accommodate every single person. this is why there is officers and 24 hours for set up and attack... it sucks that times change but the game shouldnt have to to fit individual needs or the minority.

1. I signed up to be war planner. I actively decided this would be something I planned to do, and I'm not about to back out of it. It's not like I do anything before work anyways.

2. You say 'game shouldn't have to fit individual needs', but you forget that I was perfectly fine with the war time where it was-and it changed incorrectly despite the entire rest of the game correctly adjusting to daylight savings time ending. This is clearly not intended-or if it is, it was not announced, which is another mistake.

3. There is no planning phase. Attack and planning are simultaneous, and if planning is late in masters level alliances, you don't finish the map. So the 24 hours thing is kinda not accurate.
    1. Personal choice. All that needs to be said. Wether it effects work or real life that's on you, no one else.
    2. Daylight savings time isn't something that can be controlled. It is what it is. Everyone has to deal with it. Until 2023 at least since US congress has finally decided to do away with it next year.
    3. You already know the nodes and what your alliance Rosters look like the majority of the time ahead of time so you can plan way more than 24 hours in advance. Barring any real life interferences.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    not a theory, im not trying to debate here lol

1. having specific roles within an alliance is up to the alliance. the game does not make you choose to become one. ego shouldnt stop you from stepping down the role and allowing someone else to pick up where you left off. im glad there is still commitment around, but like i said this isnt something the game requires you to do. sure you can say the higher tier difficulty makes use of it and gets you there but that just another part of the success...

2. although we all know kabam makes more mistakes than not and adds loads of bugs, we should already be foreseeing these issues

3, finishing the map should no longer be an issue. they literally added energies that can be bought. you dont have to of coarse but then why allow yourself to fall behind. also depending when people join war 4-6 energies off the bat per player should get everyone if played right to section 2 easily.
    Buttehrs said:

YoMoves said:

1. Personal choice. All that needs to be said. Wether it effects work or real life that's on you, no one else.
    2. Daylight savings time isn't something that can be controlled. It is what it is. Everyone has to deal with it. Until 2023 at least since US congress has finally decided to do away with it next year.
    3. You already know the nodes and what your alliance Rosters look like the majority of the time ahead of time so you can plan way more than 24 hours in advance. Barring any real life interferences.
    1. Personal choice...based on a known fact (the start time) being feasible and normal. Changing it unexpectedly with no forewarning makes it impossible to find an easy replacement right before season starts.
    2. While not controlled, the ENTIRE rest of the game adjusted. Why didn't this? Sounds unintended and bugged to me.
    3. You can't plan attack until you see the defenders. One champ might do great in a lane...until the defenders make it a poor choice. That's not how Masters level planning works.
    edited November 2022

not a theory, im not trying to debate here lol

1. having specific roles within an alliance is up to the alliance. the game does not make you choose to become one. ego shouldnt stop you from stepping down the role and allowing someone else to pick up where you left off. im glad there is still commitment around, but like i said this isnt something the game requires you to do. sure you can say the higher tier difficulty makes use of it and gets you there but that just another part of the success...

2. although we all know kabam makes more mistakes than not and adds loads of bugs, we should already be foreseeing these issues

3, finishing the map should no longer be an issue. they literally added energies that can be bought. you dont have to of coarse but then why allow yourself to fall behind. also depending when people join war 4-6 energies off the bat per player should get everyone if played right to section 2 easily.

1. Already covered this above.
    2. We can foresee mistakes. We can't foresee WHICH mistakes.
    3. If I get the plan out late, some members in the Battlegroup who rely on plans getting out at a certain time may be left busy with obligations to join.
    4, and most importantly: Why are you defending Kabam? This is a mistake that can/should be fixed.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

Buttehrs said:

YoMoves said:

1. Personal choice...based on a known fact (the start time) being feasible and normal. Changing it unexpectedly with no forewarning makes it impossible to find an easy replacement right before season starts.
    2. While not controlled, the ENTIRE rest of the game adjusted. Why didn't this? Sounds unintended and bugged to me.
    3. You can't plan attack until you see the defenders. One champ might do great in a lane...until the defenders make it a poor choice. That's not how Masters level planning works.
    It could be a bug. Knowing kabam that's always a possibility. Or they just forgot and overlooked it. But hey you guys are masters right? Should be fairly easy to find solutions pretty quickly to those defenders.
    It's honestly pretty complex. As more and more champs come out, remembering more and more interactions and finding specific champs to counter very specific sets of nodes and abilities is quite difficult. At least if you want to finish without dying, it is.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    i feel like you are putting too much work into this and holding the hands of the entire ally isnt something an individual should be doing... if the "teammates" dont learn new champs or counters while in masters... that more of a them problem. skilled players should be able to look at a map and decide with ease which paths to take or if they are designated paths already, then the majority of the time same counters for the path will work.

idk man you need to relax and allow the alliance to pick up the slack. at this point i dont defend kabam, trust me look at my discussions lol but when its something that can be avoided especially out of choice than 100% i dont mind telling the person they should probably adapt.
    but if its a bug and kabam fixes this ill gladly apologize as well 👍