**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How many units have you saved for Cyber Weekend ?

Comments

• Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    10k - 18k and more

Will get to 24k units before cyber starts.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,725 ★★★★★
    Not spending any this time
    I don't know if I'm absolutely not spending any units this CW, but I'm at least not saving them up for it. I have about 700 units as it stands.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    10k - 18k and more
    I’ve just hit 16,000 units, but I’ve got 5 million battlechips and a load of Deadpool crystals, so hopefully I’ll have enough for black Friday without spending money.
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    10k - 18k and more
    23k saved
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    10k - 18k and more
    Halley said:

I've got 25k units. Hoping the deals are terrible so I don't spend them.

So save them for what, bro? 😄
    I spend very little money on the game and so I like to always have a lot of units on hand for whatever. I also like to be able to open cav crystals for new champs from time to time but haven't since Hercules because I've spent units on offers. If these deals are bad I'll get back to over 30k units which is a nice place to be. The truth is I hate burning units on anything lol.
    10k - 18k and more
    Nocko said:

Hoping for a 2022 selector so I can get omega sentinel

You expect a 2022 selector without December champs being released ? 😆
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,413 ★★★★
    5k - 10k
    Nocko said:

I’m with @Rohit_316 on this one… No champ selector for the running year… If any, it will be a 2021 selector.

Question: How many units did one have to spend last year, to get the 6* champ selector?

I am currently at about 11k (including estimated units from battle-chips), but I am afraid 15k will be the minimum (if not 18k)… Tough grind in the next 2 weeks… 😂
    10k - 18k and more

Nocko said:

I’m with @Rohit_316 on this one… No champ selector for the running year… If any, it will be a 2021 selector.

Question: How many units did one have to spend last year, to get the 6* champ selector?

I am currently at about 11k (including estimated units from battle-chips), but I am afraid 15k will be the minimum (if not 18k)… Tough grind in the next 2 weeks… 😂
    18k units on july 4th gave a choice between 2020 and 2021 champs to Paragons. I am hunting Apoc , cgr and crit 🐒 and all those are in 2020 , i have all OP champs from 2021 in my roster so would be very very disappoointed if 2020 selector wouldn't be there ngl.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,413 ★★★★
    5k - 10k
    Thanks @Rohit_316 . Don’t think I will be grinding 7k shards, though… Or spend any money… (especially not 2 Odins! 😂)

I just hope that 10k units will get me some nice stuff as well. Some Rank 4 materials would be great… :) (Still have to get my first Rank 4 champ!)
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    10k - 18k and more
    Probably won't spend many units and save for whatever they replace the gifting event with.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

This posts gives a fair idea of what consists of forum population. Where 44% saved 10k-18k units.

No wonder when common posts about some problems (or changes required) made by general players receive few attention.

Where 44% can save between 10k-18k I can quite well say they won't understand or care the problem of players in general.

That’s simply not true. The majority of people in this forum have balanced views and look at the problems in game objectively.

How does the volume of units a player saves impact their ability to understand or care about in game problems? Stupid statement.
    If I had the time to grind for 10k+ units I won't be complaining for any nodes eop objectives, boss fights, aw matchmaking and even bad rng (will open tons of cav). Will boost through units irrespective of contents.
    Maybe I explained why people with 15k 18k units won't understand general problems.

Hoarding 10k + units is for extreme grinders or those who buy multiple odins. We have many moderate to heavy arena grinders in our alliance they get around 7k 8k units but not this huge ever. And in here on forums thats the largest % of population.
    Most people have been saving since last year. You take is terrible.
  • 10k - 18k and more
    Wouldn't matter if the deals aren't good.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    10k - 18k and more
    Just passed 17k...easily the most units I have ever had. And I also have completely explored Act 7 and 8.1 and recently became Paragon, so excited to see what offers drop! 😊
  • PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    Not spending any this time
  • 10k - 18k and more
    DNA3000 said:

FiiNCH said:

This posts gives a fair idea of what consists of forum population. Where 44% saved 10k-18k units.

No wonder when common posts about some problems (or changes required) made by general players receive few attention.

Where 44% can save between 10k-18k I can quite well say they won't understand or care the problem of players in general.

That’s simply not true. The majority of people in this forum have balanced views and look at the problems in game objectively.

How does the volume of units a player saves impact their ability to understand or care about in game problems? Stupid statement.
    If I had the time to grind for 10k+ units I won't be complaining for any nodes eop objectives, boss fights, aw matchmaking and even bad rng (will open tons of cav). Will boost through units irrespective of contents.
    Maybe I explained why people with 15k 18k units won't understand general problems.

Hoarding 10k + units is for extreme grinders or those who buy multiple odins. We have many moderate to heavy arena grinders in our alliance they get around 7k 8k units but not this huge ever. And in here on forums thats the largest % of population.
    lmao. My casual alt with ZERO arena has 12k units. Maybe save yourself the addiction of popping cav crystals everytime you get 300 units
    My Cav alt that is 100% F2P and never grinds arena has 18339. And that’s after sending me about 10k of gifts last year.

It’s not hard to accumulate units. The hard part is having the discipline to not spend them unnecessarily.
    exactly. The only reason mine isnt higher is i use 1k units every so often for the 10 30% boosters for war. Funny to see cav poppers complain they cant get units.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    10k - 18k and more

That's a lot of 5s! 😆
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    10k - 18k and more

FiiNCH said:

Incorrect. I do not purchase anything and I am not an “extreme grinder”. I do arena for some milestone rewards and save units for july 4th or Black Friday. People save over the course of several months.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    10k - 18k and more
    These platpool events have been good to me, 22,300 currently
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    All wallet this year :D
    10k - 18k and more

FiiNCH said:

It's easy to blame it on time and money. It's also untrue. A lot of the "general problems" people have fall under the category of resource management. Lots of players have gold issues because they manage their resources poorly and they console themselves by claiming that only arena grinders and spenders don't have gold issues.

I realized a long time ago that since I don't spend on units or on much of anything, and since I hate arena and am not "an extreme grinder" I had to always have enough units on hand if I wanted to be sure I could always complete content. I almost never go below 10k units. Here is my secret: I stopped using units until I had enough. People that can't get 15k+ units without extreme grinding or spending have a problem exercising self control and restraint. If you play the game reasonably and refuse to use units until you reach your goal, you will eventually have 15k, 20k etc. It's that simple.

It's not that people with units don't understand general problems. The reason why we have units is because we do understand general problems and we avoid them. Failure to avoid the problem is a much better indicator of not understanding the problem.
  • FiiNCH said:

I forgot to mention, but there is no way that a heavy or even moderate arena grinder is unable to earn 10k units every six months between large offer sale days. That's simply not possible without just spending them all. 10k units in 6 months is about 1700 units a month. Forget arena milestones, that's less units than I earn on average from opening arena crystals.

Let's imagine the lightest possible arena grinder that can still be called an active arena participant. They grab the first three milestones in each of the three normal arena events (basic, featured, and trials). The amount of effort this would take is on the order of minutes a day, not hours a day. That would earn 99 units per cycle, 198 units per week, 10296 units in 52 weeks. That's before counting any units from any other sources, such as event quest, and before counting any units from arena crystals. That's already 10k per year at extremely low levels of effort. Any "moderate" arena grinder should be able to double that. A heavy arena grinder should be able to do that every couple of months without any difficulty.

This is all well within the capability of free to play players playing average amounts of gameplay. Average free to play players with self control, at least.
    10k - 18k and more
    He said it himself. If he had 10k+ units he would blow through content with units (instead of planning it and doing it with sufficient potions on hand), and he would open tons of Cavs. 10 featured cavs costs 3k units. In other words, if he had 10k+ units he would very quickly have no units. This is why he thinks that only extreme grinders and big spenders have units.
  • Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Posts: 157 ★★
    10k - 18k and more
    i started saving in july with a goal of 18k units and just hit 19k today
  • 10k - 18k and more
    Over 30K and 6million BC.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 807 ★★★
    1k - 5k
    I had 60 units two days ago but I'm up to 2400 after this Deadpool arena....kinda making me want to stack at least 10k