**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• In-Game Name: BlackAshSlayer
    Device and Model: (Galaxy Note 10 plus)
    Device Operating System: (11)
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular (MTN)
    Game Version: v36.3.1
    Game Mode: Battlegrounds
    Description of the issue: The Game freezes or starts to show no network symbol when I'm either trying to pick champs to use resulting to placing the wrong defender or when the countdown to start a fight ends and then resumes after some time and shows time out. This has happened to me on three different occasions regardless of the champ and it's frustrating considering the resources I put in to buy Elder's mark. Please fix it.

• JrideJride Posts: 15
    Twice today midfight I've booted booted completely from the game. Both times I was mid fight in AQ. I play off a new galaxy , anyone else having this issue?
  • Jalane12Jalane12 Posts: 8
    During the current incursions series Lifecycle is working incorrectly. It is unwinnable for my account. No matter what I do I cannot defeat the defender. I built up to a special 3 and knocked down the defender with a heavy attack and launched my special 3 and could not defeat the defender. Tried with multiple champions and in multiple incusions attempts. Every series that has lifecycle is unwinnable and I have to exit the series and start over. I have been playing the game for 6 year and I know how to defeat life cycle and cannot under any circumstance currently.
  • JrideJride Posts: 15
    Game is still Crsh8ng during AQ. 1st fight of the day this time. I run with a new galaxy and the in game crashes during AQ are getting costly
    Can we please look into this
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    In-Game Name: Zeezoos
    Device and Model: IPad Pro
    Device Operating System: IOS 15.6.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 36.3.1
    Game Mode: Event Quest, Alliance Quest, Side Quest
    Description of the Issue: Using Misty Knight if my first action in the fight is a parry (which it quite often is) the game crashes. I’ve recently taken the champion to 6* rank 2 and this is happening at least half the time, so is a significant problem.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    Sorry, just realised I posted in the wrong thread!
  • In-game name: Sirfootlettuce
    Device and model: Motorola e7
    Device operating system: Android 10
    Game version installed: 36.3.1
    Game mode: All
    Description of issue: Crashing 10x more recently, tried force stopping, clearing cache and restarting phone but nothing is working, I can either do 1 fight before it crashed or it will just crash before I have even loaded in to the game.
  • ZK06ZK06 Posts: 18
    What the hell is this going on in battleground matches?
    I lost the battleground match because of two times freeze the game.
    Even no Internet problem or other problem.
    Ease investigate this problem.
    https://youtu.be/mQA1SzMS6bI
  • EleaElea Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: Elea13
    Device and Model: Samsung A50
    Device Operating System: Android 11. Kernel 4.14.113
    Game Version Installed: 36.3.1
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest.
    Description of the Issue: Since yesterday the Game freezes in Loading screen just before fight, and we need restart game with same result. The fight never starts...At least 5 members has same problem in our AW: [RENe2] Renegados 21 . So is not problem of SO, device, cellular or wifi...Of course we loose half life every time...
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    edited November 2022
    IGN: RichiesDad79
    Device: Blu View
    Android 10.0
    Both cellular and wifi
    Latest version as of 11/04/22
    Game mode: all

Game crashes constantly, returning me to my home screen. In the cases where it doesn't crash quickly, I'll start getting many visual glitches, the boxes around enemies disappear leaving only the picture and stars underneath on the map, sometime whole parts of a fight screen will be missing or transparent, sometimes there will be glitchy characters, for example, kingpins suit will be orange and glitchy instead of white. Visual glitches don't always happen right off but when they do, I know a crash is gonna happen soon. Most of the time it happens on the map when I go to advance, or in the screen when I am choosing on of my 5 champs, or right after I choose and the fight begins to load. Once it crashes, it takes me several tries to get back into it long enough to continue playing. Sometimes I can actually play it for a little while which is why I haven't just quit this game despite all the time and money I've spent on it. These problems haven't always occured on this device, but it has gotten much worse over the past 2 updates. The music always glitches right before a crash.
  • xchipxchip Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: xchip
    Device and Version: realme Pad 10.4"
    Device Operating System: Android 11
    Game Version Installed: 36.3.1 (and some previous)
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War (boss nodes), Incursions (very often), Battlegrounds (very often)
    Champions Affected: Dr. Doom, Diablo, Blade, Yellowjacket, Apocalypse, Meduza, Proxima Midnight, Ultron, Corvus Glaive, Hercules, Iceman, Venom, The Thing, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Elsa Bloodstone , Nebula, Dr. Octopus
    Active Boosts: bug happens with no boosts and playing with various boosts
    Description of the Issue: This bug happens since August 2022. It affects almost all game modes (maybe except Duels). More likely occurs on nodes with many modifiers (like boss nodes or Back Issues nodes). After November update it happens more frequent. Scenario always the same: try to PARRY (even unsuccessful) in a second screen blinks (dim to black, sometimes with some sort of artifacts once or twice) and touch sensor becomes irresponsible and i loose control for a second. When recording videos via Android OS tools it does not show any blinks but some freezes or slow/sharp movements.
    There are 2 videos of the same fight (Incursion for example):
    1 Taken from Action camera (sorry for quality), but it show screen dimming
    https://youtu.be/0yQZN_wGkKo
    2 Screen recording Android OS
    https://youtu.be/aZ5jZ2GD5QQ
  • BenJGrimmBenJGrimm Posts: 19
    In-Game Name: Ben Grimm
    Device and Model: Pixel 5a
    Device Operating System: Android 13
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: Updated to 37.0 (or whatever today's update was)
    Game Mode: Happens in pretty much every mode. Definitely in quests, arena, and AQ, at least
    Description of the Issue: Game crashes when people use any SP. For a while, it was only certain ones - Doom's or CGR's sp2s were the ones that crashed the system the most frequently. But since the update, it's gotten worse. So far (admittedly this is only through a few matches), every time anyone has used any SP, the game has crashed. The game is bordering on literally unplayable for me.
  • AnaxagorAnaxagor Posts: 62
    I'm experiencing connectivity issues

Android 12
    Poco X3
    WiFi
    Android 12
    Poco X3

Connect issues
    Third day in a row I'm experiencing connectivity issues

Android 12
    Poco X3
    WiFi 2 lines
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Is it any wonder that people haven't been posting issues in the forum post for "issues" when nothing is seemingly done? Doesn't mean the game is fixed, because it isn't. It's people getting tired of doing what they were asked in hopes of a result and being dismayed by the lack of progress. From the red trident of death, to input drops, to lag where it's frozen for multiple seconds.... be better. I used to spend money on this game, but im not going to for a pinto that even the manufacturer knows is a death trap.
  • JubesNoobsJubesNoobs Posts: 53

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
    Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

KABAM, please get your lag issue fixed! This new update on 11-17-22 now makes my game lag ever 30 seconds or every time an opponent launches a special. I can't even scroll through the crystals pages without problems. HtG! This is becoming ridiculous.
    Jalane12
    Galaxy 9s
    Wifi
    Latest update
    In battlegrounds first time after it was taken down early and now back up, unable to block or dex incoming hits. Been playing for 6 years, I know how to block or dex. KO in 12 sec. Ridiculous that there keeps being this issue. Game is working worse than ever.
    Jalane12
    Galaxy 9
    Wifi
    Latest
    Battlegrounds and questing are both not responding during fights. In the middle of a 5 hit combo the defender was able to throw a special 2 in the middle and defeat me. In battlegrounds the enemy can block and stun me during a 5 hit combo without autoblock. Then smack me in the face. Happened 3 different battles in a row.
  • SledgewickSledgewick Posts: 1
    Sledgewick
    Pixel 5 and 7
    Android 13
    Wifi
    Latest
    All game modes

Game crashes when I, or my opponent uses a special attack. This happens more than a few times every day, but much more frequent in the last month.
    Jalane12
    Galaxy 9s
    Latest
    Wifi
    Latest
    Battlegrounds
    Could not block or intercept opponent during all three matches of battlegrounds. Caused me to lose in 16 seconds with a rank 4 awaken sig 180 Hercules. Does this seem logical to a rank 2 unawaken kingpin
  • Lucius_RedsLucius_Reds Posts: 8
    In-game name: Lucius Reds
    Device and Model: Motorola Moto G22
    Device Operating system: Android 12
    Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 37.0.1
    I was playing Battlegrounds, and on the 3 fight I got stuck in the pre-fight screen and lost the match.
    I'm attaching screenshots to prove my claim.

• BoCassBoCass Posts: 61
    In-Game Name: BoDawgg
    Device and Model: Samsung A53 5Gp
    Device Operating System: Android Version 12
    Cellular or WiFi: Both on wifi and cellular. Even with a speed of 100mbps+
    Game Version Installed: 37.1.0 (latest)
    Game Mode: So far, AQ, AW, event quest and arena.
    Description of the Issue: below

Hi. Is this thread still being monitored by the game team? I finally caught some lag on video and I hope it does not become a drop in the ocean and that it is noticed. My game will often freeze/lag like this in fight. In this instance I was lucky that it did not happen at a critical moment, but often it will happen as I'm about to get hit and will comoletely throw off my parry/dex.

https://youtu.be/-4wJvoA9Y-A

• rx_placebo1rx_placebo1 Posts: 11
    Been having lag and input issues for about a week on and off on all content. Reinstalled app unclicked all options available and fellow team members having same issues. 2 members retired due to being tired of this. Please fix . Android 22 samsung ultra tried to post video of issues cmwont allow.

• I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place but I just lost 5 Greater Banquet crystals because the game froze
  • BenJGrimmBenJGrimm Posts: 19
    BenJGrimm said:

In-Game Name: Ben Grimm
    Device and Model: Pixel 5a
    Device Operating System: Android 13
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: Updated to 37.0 (or whatever today's update was)
    Game Mode: Happens in pretty much every mode. Definitely in quests, arena, and AQ, at least
    Description of the Issue: Game crashes when people use any SP. For a while, it was only certain ones - Doom's or CGR's sp2s were the ones that crashed the system the most frequently. But since the update, it's gotten worse. So far (admittedly this is only through a few matches), every time anyone has used any SP, the game has crashed. The game is bordering on literally unplayable for me.

This is still happening fairly frequently, especially when people use SP2. It happens at the start of the fight when fighting Terrax often enough I avoid lanes in AQ that have him. But it most consistently happens with Doom and CGR, which means I'm not able to use some of my strongest characters. And it happens extremely frequently in AQ, which means I'm getting damage penalties for things that are in no way my fauult.
  • VikDabasVikDabas Posts: 75
    Hi all,

There is a Parry issue that we are facing since last couple of days. I confirmed the same in my alliance and other players. This is very annoying as the players are loosing health continuously. Please look into the issue and resolve it asap. Thanks.

Here is the post where I shared the same
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2220371#Comment_2220371

@Kabam Porthos
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    In game name - 007md92
    Device - samsung m42
    Wifi
    Game version latest

Home screen loading wheel delay.
    Daily crystal click delay.
    From daily crystal it doesn't go back to crystal vault.
    U have to come back to home screen again and then go in again.
    Everytime go back to home screen it loads and takes time.
    Nexus crystal black screen.
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 200
    Jody333
    Oneplus8
    Android 13
    WiFi+data
    Fully updated
    Mainly in BG and AQ
    Start charging a heavy out of the blue and get stuck there until I'm hit. Also, after 1 or 2 heavies I can't heavy anymore and just stand there. Just get stuck in an inactive way so block works but parry doesn't register, not sure I explained that one well.