**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is MODOK bugged? [Moved by Moderator]

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious

Come on guys, I don't wanna waste my units if it turns out there was a bug all along.

Tryna get event quests wrapped up before Act 5 too
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Hey gang -

Sorry for the delayed response to this one. I'm working on reaching out to the team about this so I can get more information on the matter. Once I have it, I'll be right back here to share it.

I’ve only ran him once in uncollected monthly quest mode but nearly every attack he was able to auto block. Took archangel and neurotoxins to get through him.
    Jaded wrote: »
    Hey gang -

Sorry for the delayed response to this one. I'm working on reaching out to the team about this so I can get more information on the matter. Once I have it, I'll be right back here to share it.

I’ve only ran him once in uncollected monthly quest mode but nearly every attack he was able to auto block. Took archangel and neurotoxins to get through him.

Yeah I had to do the same, even that was tricky to get one!

Quake is another option but could be a long fight
    I'm not bumping to be an idiot or break rules, it's nearly slipping into 2nd page though.
    Anyone? Ahh going sleep anyway, hopefully an answer in the morning.
  • teekqteekq Posts: 190
    Not sure if uncollected quest worth going 100 percent that auto block is constant.
  • I finally got past uncollected one time through, and he was ten times the pain in the butt that Ice Phoenix was pre-nerf. I brought all 4* 5/50 champs, Star Lord, Hulk, and Voodoo max Sig, then duped X23 and Gwenpool. Had to use all my potions and revives, all my saved free crystals for more potions and revives, then a star Lords loot bag for more revives. Gwenpool was the only one remotely good enough to take him out, and even then I gave up on potions and focused solely on level 2 revives.

The problem was, I'd parry, combo. Sometimes the auto block wouldn't activate, so rinse repeat. Invariably after doing between 7k and 12k damage, auto block activates mid combo, he hits a special while blocking said combo (or randomly evades out of my combo after an auto block), and then it's revive time again.

Also, what are the ability triggers that pop up saying "buffoon" and "idiot"? I looked at his abilities list a dozen times, not once did I see those words. And yet that's what I see in fight before I get cheated.
  • He's literally the worst I've ever fought. In the lab at least. Couldn't not even get a combo in and he lost no health from specials. He's really messed up, so much that i stopped on the last part of the uncollected. Was doing it 💯
  • He's literally the worst I've ever fought. In the lab at least. Couldn't not even get a combo in and he lost no health from specials. He's really messed up, so much that i stopped on the last part of the uncollected. Was doing it 💯

It's not that bad but yes he's really bugged a lot. Anyway I have killed him with my Hawkeye, just parry and use 3/4 hits combo then step back and look for the parry again. You can use the same strategy with other characters but you just need to pay attention to the L1.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Slux83 wrote: »
    Are we talking about this?
    8on88y189n6y.gif

For reference: https://giphy.com/embed/xT0xelUM6OkeXLorhC

Once I took a 14k crit damage back!!! End of the game! Funny how he's telling me "MORON!" :#

@Kabam Vydious
    Thah alot. Of. Danmged and he just blok. Sad. But. Same. Ther need to stop brig auto blok when ther. Dont have fix. This

• AliabAliab Posts: 138
    Thank you @Kabam Vydious for responding. Saw some people mention taking damage from Thor Rags autoblock, that is actually in his abilities especially if the autoblock also stuns you. But Modok doesn’t have that ability.
  • They have to add a timer for the auto-block cooldown at least. Another thing to be fixed is that auto block can occur during a super power. How am i supposed to throw my supers, if they get blocked in the middle of the animation? And finally, a little math for our great Kabam Team:
    With a team of 5 champs and a cooldown reduction of 0,8 sec per living team member, the reduction reaches 4 seconds! So he is recharging his **** shield within 3 seconds. Thats virtually all the time!
    He is somehow doable in the expert lab or in master mode (at least with arch angel or gwenpool), but in uncollected difficulty its just ridiculous.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    I have an issue with just how fast his forcefield is triggering. As what sickstring mentioned above, if all your champs are alive, it regenerates within a mere 3 seconds. That is only barely sufficient to get 1 combo in right after triggering an autoblock, which most of the time you aren't going to start a combo right after he triggers his auto block.

Even if that cooldown is doubled (all champs but 1 dead, cuz obviously you need at least 1 alive to fight him), that's still 6 seconds, which is pretty fast for forcefield to recover. I'd suggest a longer forcefield cooldown, given the fact that forcefield can autoblock even in the middle of combos or specials. If a longer forcefield cooldown is not feasible, maybe make it such that as long as MODOK is stunned, auto block cannot trigger.

Currently, the only counter is to pretty much kill all your champs and save your strongest for last. Or you can deal with it by punching MODOK once and then having him block and then repeat, which will probably take you like years to kill him that way.

Edit: Apparently Archangel also works, along with Quake. I'll hold off my suggestions first, maybe we just need to understand him further with time.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    It would be pretty cool if these events were tested before being released. I'm lucky enough to have watched a number of youtubers go through him and have a stacked roster so I didn't have to use any revives on him, but you saw how Seatin did vs him goin in blind.
  • teekqteekq Posts: 190
    Wait on kabam reply about modok
  • mcofnycmcofnyc Posts: 28
    He is definitely not working correctly. Somehow evades mid combo or while blocking with or without his force field auto block being used. there is no mention of any evade abilities or any evade local node. When he evades he obviously attacks right away half the time or uses specials and that means a lot of health lost or instant death.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Fought him in the Lab and he is just too OP. wasn't even the buffs on him working against me. it's really just him. I think the only time you can attack him reliably is immediately after he misses a heavy
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    @Kabam Vydious
    You ever gonna get back to us on this?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Still no response.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Simple they want our units. Instead of saying us moron while fighting modok say give ur $$$.
    Post edited by Kabam Vydious on
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    What?
    Post edited by Kabam Vydious on
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,323 ★★★★
    The way I see it, there‘s a lot wrong with him...

The counter-Damage when auto-blocking an intercept (see gif above)

The auto-Block buff appearing much more frequently than every 7 seconds.

Sometimes evading in mid-combo after Auto-block... Medusa can‘t evade after auto-block, why can Modok auto-block in mid combo, and then all of a sudden evade and/or throw a special?

Not fair...
  • Fought the uncollected Modok, he was basically on constant autoblock. Only way was to parry hit three times and try build up to an SP attack.

Won't be fighting him again or spending units until it's been sorted. Just isn't enjoyable at all to fight. Most of my alliance are saying the same.
This discussion has been closed.