**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When can we expect our battlegrounds rewards?

Comments

• Options
    This uncertainty is not healthy 😔
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,142 ★★★★★
    Did they ever confirm how their process for reviewing cheaters works? Do they actively monitor and ban people as the season goes on or are they waiting until the very end of the season to START looking into possible cheaters? I'd hope this is something they try to stay on top of during a BG season, but given the length of time it's taken so far to get the leaderboards sorted for rewards I'm sadly going to assume they procrastinate on start investigating at the end.

Hopefully they find a way to make this reward payout window a lot short (in line with AW and AQ), because even though it's good to get the cheaters out, it's a little bit of mind torture to have to keep logging in just to check if rewards are in like Groundhog's Day (since BG's ended I haven't played any other mode lol)...
  • Options
    Jacecook30Jacecook30 Posts: 3
    Funny. I had planned to leave my alliance after bg rewards so thinking Monday before new aq. Guess that was wrong. Hate to leave an alliance hanging after aq starts but I’m ready to go factionless for a bit.
  • Options
    Ravens20Ravens20 Posts: 77

Funny. I had planned to leave my alliance after bg rewards so thinking Monday before new aq. Guess that was wrong. Hate to leave an alliance hanging after aq starts but I’m ready to go factionless for a bit.

Same here. I hope they figure out how to communicate better and also have a better method of getting the cheaters out, similar to Alliance war season in which we usually get our awards within 24 hours.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

mgj0630 said:

For all the folks pointing to a legal basis on why they don't identify cheaters, or want the community to identify cheaters, I give you exhibit A, from Kabam Zibiit:

Now in fairness, he does say "one of the reasons...", but I can't help but feel like if there was a legal basis, then there wouldn't be multiple reasons.....it would simply be "No, we legally can't do it."

Now for what it's worth, I get it. No one wants that to happen, but let's be honest, people get piled on for things they post on the forums constantly already.

Personally though, if you make a conscious decision to blatantly cheat, you deserve to be called out for it.

Exactly, there is no legal basis to the decision making, it is entirely rooted in company policy. Massive difference
    They're talking about their Forum policy on calling out Players on the Forum, not about releasing information on specific Accounts.
    There is legal basis. I outlined it in the policy link I shared.
    Those aren't just words. It is a legal agreement for the collection and use of personal information. That includes your IGN. While it is visible on things internally such as the Leaderboard, Kabam has an obligation to adhere to the use of it within that agreement alone. Anything outside of that is prohibited, and while you could call it frivolous, someone could actually present a case if they divulged information outside of those parameters.
  • Options
    Yeah the wait would be way more manageable if it wasn't for an unknown amount of time. Personally I wouldn't be so impatient if I knew from the beginning of the event that they would plan to release rewards 5 days after BGs ended, then at least there's no mystery amount of wait time.
  • Options
    Jaded said:

We will get the rewards before season 3 starts?

Will we get information on season 3?

When can we change alliances safely?

Really should have a time limit for manually searching out modders. Example - 24hrs then release rewards. Let the chips fall where they may by then. We do all this planning to play a game, for rank ups, events, changing alliances, recruiting and so on. These excessive delays really bogs down the rest of our actions in game.

Yeah I couldn't imagine having this hold up your AQ and AW progress because you have to chose between jumping to a planned alliance and missing out on BGS rewards, or stay in the current BGs alliance and miss out on AW/AQ rewards because your spot got filled for the start of AW/AQ.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I don't mind at all waiting a few days for rewards, as long as this has crucial results against modders and cheaters. The problem with changing alliances is not here, but to the fact that Battlegrounds and War seasons are not aligned. I f you want to make the change after one of both seasons end (plus rewards), you cause a problem to your current alliance since this is a change after the other season has already started.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
    Just give us rewards and ban the cheaters later permanently.
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 847 ★★★★
    Maybe stop complaining ? Actions are taken against cheaters we should la be happy for that, the delay is a bit long ok but i rather wait 2 weeks and get a better rank rewards than having them instantly but with cheaters being over me ....

I agree than the communication could be better, stating where they are, how it is doing, but man please... It's not gonna kill you to wait a day or two.
  • Options
    MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    Takes forever when you are looking forward to rewards.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    If only kabam had some resources to help with the work... whoops
  • Options
    They can't really give a definite answer if they don't know. Otherwise they'd give a solid timeline. It entirely depends on how many Accounts are found and need to be manually dealt with. Considering it's become a widespread problem, that can take time. There is no way of preventing people from cheating. Actions are in retrospect. The only other alternative is to not run the mode, and frankly I would rather not have another Gifting situation. We can't keep losing all things fun to people who break the rules. They're the ones to blame in this, not Kabam.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 742 ★★★★
    They could at least give an update. After more than 3 days, they should have a rough idea when they'll be done going through the leaderboard.
    Will it be another 6 hours? 1 day? At least 2 days?

If after 3 days you can't estimate how much longer will take, then you kinda don't know what you're doing in the first place...
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

So are we 3.5 days since the season abruptly ended? Does anyone really think that’s par for a game this successful?

I’d like to think the apology package has been increasing by half every 12 hours since midnight.

Dr. Zola

They commented on the Apology/Compensation package. It will come at or after the start of the season. Seeing as they were going to include Victory Shields, it makes sense to wait until the game mode is live again.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

They can't really give a definite answer if they don't know. Otherwise they'd give a solid timeline. It entirely depends on how many Accounts are found and need to be manually dealt with. Considering it's become a widespread problem, that can take time. There is no way of preventing people from cheating. Actions are in retrospect. The only other alternative is to not run the mode, and frankly I would rather not have another Gifting situation. We can't keep losing all things fun to people who break the rules. They're the ones to blame in this, not Kabam.

You’re correct about the blame as well as overall. I think what’s helpful here would be an honest update—“hey, the process is taking longer than we expected and we are now aiming for Friday and will keep you posted and will get you your rewards even if you move alliances” would work even if it might still disappoint people.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★

They can't really give a definite answer if they don't know.

That's the thing. They SHOULD know. Or they should have been banning people when the season was on and not waiting till it ended
  • Options
    DrZola said:

You’re correct about the blame as well as overall. I think what’s helpful here would be an honest update—“hey, the process is taking longer than we expected and we are now aiming for Friday and will keep you posted and will get you your rewards even if you move alliances” would work even if it might still disappoint people.

Dr. Zola
    I think that's a fair request.
    Ghost_Fan said:

They can't really give a definite answer if they don't know.

That's the thing. They SHOULD know. Or they should have been banning people when the season was on and not waiting till it ended
    I can't speak for their process, and I can't say they don't know, but it takes more than a Report and some screenshots. You need to comb through the data. From what I gather, I believe we saw some actions during the Season as well.
    This whole idea that people should be able to send a Report and have an instant ban isn't realistic, and it's also quite dangerous to think about. Every dissatisfied Loss would lead to a ban.
    It takes time to verify, and it also takes time to manually make adjustments and take any other punitive actions. As much as people want an instaban system, I'd rather shut the mode down. Can you imagine if it were your Account falsely accused?
  • Options
    Crys23 said:

They could at least give an update. After more than 3 days, they should have a rough idea when they'll be done going through the leaderboard.
    Will it be another 6 hours? 1 day? At least 2 days?

If after 3 days you can't estimate how much longer will take, then you kinda don't know what you're doing in the first place...

Hi, got a friendly update about the timeline. It'll be done sometime between 2 seconds from now, and 5 years.

I understand the frustration of the community since we don't know the timeline, but it would be much worse if kabam said we would get rewards Friday and still hadn't finishing kicking cheaters by then and had to delay it further. Hopefully next season will be better since they got an anticheat person hired so they can hopefully be more proactive about their banning.