**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Jessica Jones

Just had a random thought. Did Kabam ever say why we never got Jessica Jones as a fighter in game even when she was in the files and even in that one event quest like 5 years ago? I'm assuming she wouldn't be that exciting of a character like most of the OG characters have evolved to, but it's just weird that it never happened.

Comments

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    I think that's the reason -- not too interesting, similar to what we already had.
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    I heard that her character plan was to be fairly similar to black widow
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited November 2022

I heard that her character plan was to be fairly similar to black widow

Interesting, I would have guessed more luke cage
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Apparently at the time when she was first created, she was basically was a reskinned version of OG Black Widow and her power set was so generic that I guess it didn't really warrant any serious consideration.

Now that they've had a few years under their belt, I think there's a way to design the character and make her distinct enough to stand out even if she's not going to be a Beyond god-tier champion, although to be fair, none of the other Defenders fit that bill, so at least it's consistent.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★

Apparently at the time when she was first created, she was basically was a reskinned version of OG Black Widow and her power set was so generic that I guess it didn't really warrant any serious consideration.

Now that they've had a few years under their belt, I think there's a way to design the character and make her distinct enough to stand out even if she's not going to be a Beyond god-tier champion, although to be fair, none of the other Defenders fit that bill, so at least it's consistent.

And why does every new champ need to be beyond God tier? Jessica Jones has alot more powers than was shown in her Netflix show as well. She can fly and other stuff. She has other names like Power Princess etc. They'll figure it out.
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    I would love a Jessica Jones + Purple Man month. He seems like he would be a utility heavy champ
  • HuskerCoolHuskerCool Posts: 35
    This visual effects heavy game has too many visually boring champions as it is.
    edited November 2022
    Buttehrs said:

And why does every new champ need to be beyond God tier? Jessica Jones has alot more powers than was shown in her Netflix show as well. She can fly and other stuff. She has other names like Power Princess etc. They'll figure it out.
    Me personally? I don't care if they're god tier but it's something that always comes up whenever a new champ gets released. Then the forums get four or five threads all saying how underwhelming the new Champion is on damage output and hopes that the rebalance program will give them a bump up.
  • TheParasiteTheParasite Posts: 416 ★★
    edited November 2022
    May be just for a collection and nostalgic reasons. Other than that, majority of the community wouldn't have interest over her ingame at the moment. May be if MCU did a reboot on Defenders, there is a slight possibility.

Even if she is launched as a playable character, let her not be an updated version of OG Black Widow
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    It's Like Mystique in Mcoc. They can't do her properly in the Moment. So they don't release her now.

Or she ist to OP, like quake....
    Cassy said:

It's Like Mystique in Mcoc. They can't do her properly in the Moment. So they don't release her now.

Or she ist to OP, like quake....

And truth be told, I would rather they take their time to do her justice or just not release her at all then to give us some third rate basic champ

I would still love to see a playable Jessica Jones someday. The trouble was finding a way to introduce her that does her justice. She's not just super strong, she's a great detective and really good at opening locked doors. Finding a way to translate that to the game isn't easy.

Maybe someday!

I feel like between the mechanics of someone like Titania or Luke Cage, even a spider-man, we have the answer.

She's at heart a science champ and there's definitely been some improvements to the class while adding some signature staples..

Although she would be unique since her ability to overcome the Purple Man's control would translate in the game as her being immune to reverse controls?

And if one of the big hurdles is her power set being pretty straightforward in the show, you could always go full comic version and include some other abilities that we never got a chance to see live action.
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★

I would still love to see a playable Jessica Jones someday. The trouble was finding a way to introduce her that does her justice. She's not just super strong, she's a great detective and really good at opening locked doors. Finding a way to translate that to the game isn't easy.

Maybe someday!

I feel like between the mechanics of someone like Titania or Luke Cage, even a spider-man, we have the answer.

She's at heart a science champ and there's definitely been some improvements to the class while adding some signature staples..

Although she would be unique since her ability to overcome the Purple Man's control would translate in the game as her being immune to reverse controls?

And if one of the big hurdles is her power set being pretty straightforward in the show, you could always go full comic version and include some other abilities that we never got a chance to see live action.
    wasn't she only immune because of a ton of exposure?
  • PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260

Maybe someday!

Give her a key quest like this month a new strong Luke cage synergy with her would be pretty cool. What about black widow scytails also will she be a character u can play at some point?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★

Maybe someday!

Give her a key quest like this month a new strong Luke cage synergy with her would be pretty cool. What about black widow scytails also will she be a character u can play at some point?
    I have a feeling special bosses like kang thanos weapon x maestro etc will all be trophy champs. Perhaps.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,140 ★★★★

Maybe someday!

What about something like the proximate missions. Doing investigations, each time the opponent does a different action she will get a strength or fury (light, medium, heavy, special 1 2 3) also let her tank a special 3 like cage with a cool down. Will play into her playstyle.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    How are people requesting Jessica Jones when I still really want a Lockjaw…… I know he’s not bipedal so the spacing might get weird, but still.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★

Maybe someday!

@Kabam Miike you ever going to release that other Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange or nah? Even if it's just trophy champs?
  • xlxjack7xlxxlxjack7xlx Posts: 2
    I definitely think she should be in the game as a usable champ. I’m thinking science, small, tank, with some sort kick combo for heavy, leaping punch s1, and a 3 or 4 hit combo for s2. Synergy with all the Netflix folks etc.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★

Maybe someday!

Im glad shes not of the table fully as her mechanics if can get her detective skills into the game she be fun to play it be like some sort of persistent charges or something
    Gmonkey said:

Detective skills could be a mechanic that makes her stronger over fights. Something similar to task master or mister fantastic where repeated moves reduces their potency. Lots of interesting potential either at the quest or fight level.

Yeah there's a way to work it to where it can really up her damage through the fight but the problem is is that our only reference point for detective skills is Misty Knight and not a lot of people are fans of how that worked so we need to kind of start over from scratch of what that could be
  • johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 164
    what if she was like a master key who could open any story or side quest gate if you did not have or did not want to bring the specific key / character

Maybe someday!