**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Since the update, lag is TERRIBLE

Must lag at least 50 times a match. Even the easy ones. It’s causing the game to be almost unplayable. You put so much effort into mixing these characters together like a Dr voodoo ghost rider but didn’t even fix the lag?! Really.....

Comments

• mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    +1
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    Downright pathetic really. I have a few vids, but I shouldn't have to record every fight and post it when it's been a big issue for over a month now
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I am not getting much support for the idea but I think we have a game that is demanding increasing amounts resources on our phones and that is causing this lag. Everyone points to server issues (perhaps because the issue is so universal?) But I think it's just too much to run properly. And as this game is demanding more ram so is every other "updated" app you install. It is the same thing that pushed pc's to massive amounts of ram and giant hard drives. Rather funny! Everyone thinks their app is so important it must relaunch in 1.1 seconds but when you get enough of them like that they all run slow...so...yeah...thinking that the envelope has been pushed to its limits.
    The character buffs alone are bowing up!1prejsaywy9y.png
    Then...
    Now ypx5qwywzp8l.png
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    I am not getting much support for the idea but I think we have a game that is demanding increasing amounts resources on our phones and that is causing this lag. Everyone points to server issues (perhaps because the issue is so universal?) But I think it's just too much to run properly. And as this game is demanding more ram so is every other "updated" app you install. It is the same thing that pushed pc's to massive amounts of ram and giant hard drives. Rather funny! Everyone thinks their app is so important it must relaunch in 1.1 seconds but when you get enough of them like that they all run slow...so...yeah...thinking that the envelope has been pushed to its limits.

I have thought the same thing.
  • GogetaGogeta Posts: 57
    come on guys anyone can't be perfect in anything the game team is trying their best to improve the game.there really must be a some sort of error and they will fix it somehhow stop whining
    Its the same challenge game makers faced in the beginning of pc gaming, multiple architectures, multiple os of different versions and releases. This game pushes the envelope of what our handheld puters can do. We can't lay it entirely on them it is a real challenge to achieve uniform results with so many variables and we keep asking for "bigger" and "more." But I don't see how they can keep adding without at some point removing some things. I suggest we return to three arenas. 2s to win threes (as before) 3s (only) to win 4s, and 4s and 5s to win 5s. That would cut one arena. The addition of the uncollected...more quests...more champs, more complex buffs and debuffs...the game is just hitting the ceiling of what the tech cam handle smoothly and optimally. An argument for slowing down and replanning. Add 6 stars and watch us "slow!"
    I would also suggest scaling back on the buffs. Some are sort of rediculous to begin with (and some just overused) and if it takes half a page discription to explain it maybe it is too complex of a series of commands for out lil boxes...
    What is happening here is the very reason the Xbox and the ps came along, to standardize the architectures to that the platform was stable and therefore the game was stable...question is??? How will that same issue be dealt with in the phone market? We gonna get "game" phones???? Extra ram and hotter processors and big whirring fans to cool them down???
  • Leepower12Leepower12 Posts: 61
    Same thing with me playing almost 3 years now... I play on android and people who play on iPhone don't seem to get the same lag problem this is the worse it's been in 3 year's
  • DannyDanny Posts: 42
    Yes guys,thankgod there’s others...my lag is absolutely diabolical afte4 last update.....
    Wow kabam once again you never fail to disappoint with your updates...
    Also guys anyone had a AI break half way through a successful special 2 attack and mash you...didn’t think it was possible....and kabam throws offers expecting players to spend units and cash.....Happy Christmas...
    My New Years Resolution.....Wipe the game from my iPad....
    Lightvayne is kabams morale officer,you always get a Radom post talking absolute garbage on how the game is running spot on...
    Let’s celebrate the 3 year anniversary by making the game 3 times as worse as it’s ever been.....praise be for the free gifts while we take back twice as much by making the game unplayable...AGAIN...
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Yet everyone with multiple different devices, WiFi connections, service providers GLOBALLY, experience THE SAME ISSUES despite multiple differences in device, etc. Absolute rubbish.
    You are kinda supporting my argument here with that statement
    There are so many factors that can be contributing to this lag issue, yet you want kabam to fix them all. They are not your internet service provider, they are not your cell phone company, they are not your device manufacturer. They are producing a game; a High- demanding, resource-heavy game that can not possibly run smooth on every device created. It’s just not possible and as this game get more resource heavy and more demanding, its just gonna get even worse for devices that can not keep up.

You state that “everyone” is having this issue, yet I’ve run this game on a Note 3, Note 7, S7 Edge, IPhone 6s, and now currently a Note 8 and I am very happy with how this game runs on my device.
    And I assure you that I am running the same version of the game everyone else is. Feel free to explain that one.

• Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Lightvayne wrote: »
    Yet everyone with multiple different devices, WiFi connections, service providers GLOBALLY, experience THE SAME ISSUES despite multiple differences in device, etc. Absolute rubbish.
    You are kinda supporting my argument here with that statement
    There are so many factors that can be contributing to this lag issue, yet you want kabam to fix them all. They are not your internet service provider, they are not your cell phone company, they are not your device manufacturer. They are producing a game; a High- demanding, resource-heavy game that can not possibly run smooth on every device created. It’s just not possible and as this game get more resource heavy and more demanding, its just gonna get even worse for devices that can not keep up.

You state that “everyone” is having this issue, yet I’ve run this game on a Note 3, Note 7, S7 Edge, IPhone 6s, and now currently a Note 8 and I am very happy with how this game runs on my device.
    And I assure you that I am running the same version of the game everyone else is. Feel free to explain that one.

Mate, great reply and completely correct. People who like to complain won't even read it, never mind try to understand why this is the case. So don't waste your time, but thanks for trying

PS I love when "not that clever" people makes claims for everyone as you point out! Do they understand what everyone means even, ie not just them?
    Leepower12 wrote: »
    Same thing with me playing almost 3 years now... I play on android and people who play on iPhone don't seem to get the same lag problem this is the worse it's been in 3 year's

I do not know your experience, but I've experienced these game lags and freeze frames for as long as I can remember using my Ipad4. Started playing December 2014. I also have an Iphone6 that encounters the same issues, although not as bad some days.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/220704#Comment_220704

Check it out for some other vids.
    Here is the problem with solving this issue; That type of lag is not visible on every device. I’ve been playing this game for years now on multiple devices and I have never seen that type of issue before, and still have not.
    Apple products are notorious for having low ram and other various issues. I can guarantee your issue (and a lot of ones like it) is device related.
    There are thousands of different type of phones and tablets and only 2 different version of the game: iOS and Android. If you are on an older device or a device with a lot of **** running in the background or they system itself in general is just built differently (android phones are notorious for this) then maybe you need to switch to a better device.

Most of my vids are taken fully charged, after just turning on my device. No background apps running; no notifications..... and no issues with any other apps. Your guarantee is hollow.
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    edited December 2017
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Here is the problem with solving this issue; That type of lag is not visible on every device. I’ve been playing this game for years now on multiple devices and I have never seen that type of issue before, and still have not.
    Apple products are notorious for having low ram and other various issues. I can guarantee your issue (and a lot of ones like it) is device related.
    There are thousands of different type of phones and tablets and only 2 different version of the game: iOS and Android. If you are on an older device or a device with a lot of **** running in the background or they system itself in general is just built differently (android phones are notorious for this) then maybe you need to switch to a better device.

Most of my vids are taken fully charged, after just turning on my device. No background apps running; no notifications..... and no issues with any other apps. Your guarantee is hollow.

man, read the replies where people try to explain the literally 1000s of things involved that could cause a lag whenever you play. Its not as simple as saying Kabam is causing this, you would literally have to be mad to believe that! And then is also the question, why would Kabam cause lag on purpose to lose customers and income?

Just a few of the many things that can cause this, from one minute to the next!

Causes of Lag on Internet Connections
    The latencies of Internet connections fluctuate small amounts from one minute to the next, but the additional lag from even small increases becomes noticeable when surfing the Web or running online applications.

The following are common sources of Internet lag:

Internet traffic load: Spikes in Internet utilization during peak usage times of day often cause lag. The nature of this lag varies by service provider and a person's geographic location. Unfortunately, other than moving locations or changing Internet service, an individual user cannot avoid this kind of lag.

Online application load: Multiplayer online games, Web sites, and other client-server network applications utilize shared Internet servers. If these servers become overloaded with activity, the clients experience lag.

Weather and other wireless interference: Satellite, fixed wireless broadband, and other wireless Internet connections are particularly susceptible to signal interference from rain. Wireless interference causes network data to be corrupted in transit, causing lag from re-transmission delays.

Overloaded router or modem: Any network router will eventually bog down if too many active clients are using it at the same time. Network contention among multiple clients means that they are sometimes waiting for each other's requests to be processed, causing lag.

Similarly, network contention occurs on a residence's modem and connection to the Internet provider if saturated with traffic: Depending on the speed of your Internet link, try to avoid too many simultaneous Internet downloads and online sessions to minimize this lag.

Use of wireless: Enthusiast online gamers, as an example, often prefer to run their devices over wired Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi because home Ethernet supports lower latencies. While the savings is typically only a few milliseconds in practice, wired connections also avoid the risk of wireless interference that results in significant lag if it occurs.

So if it is down to we’re all playing on 2nd rate iPads and iPhones as you expertly point out then vayne then kabam should be posting a warning with a minimum spec and usage and telling people their game will only be able to run on the very latest hardware ..thus stopping people downloading their useless app and wasting money on it....
    Nice one vayne think there’s loads of us entitled to cash back becaus3 kabam has failed to inform us that the game won’t run on anything but the latest gizmos....hmmm bit like the proper pc games do....
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    MikeHock wrote: »

man, read the replies where people try to explain the literally 1000s of things involved that could cause a lag whenever you play. Its not as simple as saying Kabam is causing this, you would literally have to be mad to believe that! And then is also the question, why would Kabam cause lag on purpose to lose customers and income?
    ... did anyone say it was on purpose? I thought this was just a thread to bring up the issue after being constantly screwed cause of it, either I missed something or you’re making that part up.
This discussion has been closed.