**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

BGs and prestige

Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 249 ★★
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
I really feel screwed over now that our BGs opponents are determined by our prestige. I ranked for AQ and therefore prestige (eg thor Rags, Surfer and Valkyrie) since we focus on AQ. I dont do well in AQ, but I manage (5-15 items per day). I like AQ since it doesn’t matter if I die. Lilewise I play Gold II in AW, since I die often.

But now I will be getting a disadvantage in BGs. Meeting people way above my skill level (and most likely with better top ranked champs). With modifyers coming to AQ map 8 I will probably have to leave my ally, since I cannot manage, and in BGs I am also screwed over because of my prestige. And all I did was play in accordance with in game messages send by Kabam. Kabam didn’t write I could not sandbag. I have been doing it in arena for many years. And up until now I knew nothing about high prestige being a disavamtage anywhere in the game for me.

There is no way I can lower my prestige, so my only hope is that the added prestige for relics also counts towards it in BGs, and then dont use relics at all or level high prestige champs in the future. Then in some years my prestige might fit my skill level. I have probably lost my interest for MCOC at that time under theee circumstances.
It just seems plain wrong IMO.

Comments

• SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I agree with OP. Accounts with similar prestige can be very, very different. If you re paragon for example, (and I guess same thing happens to every other level as well), you may have a 5400-5700 prestige with five or 20 r4 champions. That s a huge difference in battlegrounds, when, let s say your 3 out of 5 r4 champions are banned and the opponent has 15 other r4 champs to choose from.
    Because, let's face it, the majority of players have the same, or close, high prestige champs r4 first.
  • Nocko said:

back again for another round of "im more important than other players" are we?

Why would you say that?? You cannot see that something is being changed in the game? Then you are plain blind 🤷🏼‍♂️ Every changes has a backside and I am telling mine. It seems you a person that doesn’t approve of free speech and debate, unless it goes your way. Well, your loss. I lose in a game, you lose in life. Feel sad for you.
    Im gunna stop you right here. Their comment had nothing to do with your free speech. Your last post was about why sandbagging is bad and now this post is you complaining you can’t sandbag anymore. Their comment regarding your post is accurate. You’re stance on sandbagging is that it is good and you want to keep it. That’s not the same sentiment shared by the majority or even Kabam.

You’re right, there is a change coming. A good change that will potentially prevent sandbagging. Hopefully it isn’t going by account prestige but we will see.
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 249 ★★

Skill is supposed to be what separates players

Well with the changres, it is not skills that seperate, but prestige...

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Maybe if you spent all this time practicing instead of complaining and relying on Unitman, you wouldn't need to sandbag and you'd be able to do AQ map 8 with no issues. Just maybe...
    edited November 2022

The problem with using prestige or overall power level is it fails to take into account the current meta. There’s a reason why we change our decks from meta to meta. Therefore I don’t understand how you can take a summoner’s account for deciding matchmaking. From season to season, most people’s deck strength will greatly fluctuate unless they are whales with most their roster ranked up

Can you stop spreading misinformation with the rest of the salty players who want to keep sandbagging? Lol Kabam hasn't said a single thing about prestige, all they said was sandbagging will no longer be possible, nothing else.
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 257 ★★
    edited November 2022
    prestige used in AW made some sense, you can only place 5 defenders, so we assume its your best 5, thus prestige plays a part.

For BG's it makes zero sense, we have 30 spots, so lets take my 5 best champs and compare that to the next guy's 5 best champs, but guess what, we have a deck of 30, so player A is a paragon with 15 R4 6*'s's and and I'm Paragon with 5 R4 6*'s, our prestige is basically equal, but player A has 10 more top rank champs.

Now to double the pain, player A bans B's top 3 now the odds are even more skewed.

Sandbagging is not fair and i see it as cheating (even if it is only cheating the system), but matching with prestige is also not fair.
    Again, who said they're gonna match by prestige? All they said was "we're going to force people to use their best champs", that was literally it.
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 249 ★★

Maybe if you spent all this time practicing instead of complaining and relying on Unitman, you wouldn't need to sandbag and you'd be able to do AQ map 8 with no issues. Just maybe...

Maybe you should go back and uninstall the game again like you did two years ago? Just maybe... (BTW thanks for telling us in another post that you reinstalled it again - like we care)

Maybe you should go back and uninstall the game again like you did two years ago? Just maybe... (BTW thanks for telling us in another post that you reinstalled it again - like we care)
    I would but since they're getting rid of sandbagging I have absolutely no reason to do so, wish we could say the same about you, good riddance.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★

• BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I can partially agree with OP, Sometimes we rank up champs solely for prestige and rise up but that doesn't reflect skill or roster size.
    But on same time, it's player choice and game can change at any time . So these things become irrelevant when that happens
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

This is just another reason why the only matchmaking criteria should be Tier or BG Rating. Someone shouldn't have more difficult matchups because they chose to rank Thor Ragnarok over more useful champions. The only criteria for matchmaking should be based on your success within the game mode.

To add to this, I don’t understand why keep it a secret. Let us know what the factors are, or some of it. If it’s based on tier or bg rating then say so.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Matchmaking should ONLY take into account your current ranking, and nothing else. Roster should be completely irrelevant, your deck should be completely irrelevant. Using any criteria to match that isn’t just ranking is unfair and stupid.

Fully agree, I’m not sure how kabam can’t see this also and agree.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I am now hating BGs. 8 back to back defeats in gold 2. Only 2 accounts out of 8 had under 15k prestige and I'm paragon, with 5 r4s, but silly enough to have Diablo and herc at sig 200 and Omega red at sig 180.

If this is how matchmaking is always going to be, I'm going to stop playing.

@Kabam Miike is there any other solo content for late game players coming that can replace battlegrounds? I've no desire to play this, if fighting people with 10 to 15+ r4s in silver and gold (presumably bronze too next season) is the future.