**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Compensation for BG ending earlier [merged]

Comments

• C_moneyC_money Posts: 16
    Honestly this compensation is a joke. It doesn’t compensate for what I could of got with remaining time left. I missed out on 1,500 6* shards from solo objective which I was about 10k off plus possibly a better solo rank. Very disappointing that this is what they compensate us with. Another game I’ve played recently compensates for server maintenance and many other things they don’t have to but shows they care. Thus the player base actually has respect and good relationship with the company running the game/severs. Kabam should take notes from some other games. Played this game for 7+ years and it’s sad how little they try to take care of the player base these days. Maybe explains why people quit game. Stop sabotaging your own game kabam!!
  • Kung_PaoKung_Pao Posts: 11
    edited November 2022
    To be honest what were you expecting?
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    You say you missed out on 1500 6* shards, they gave you more than that
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 918 ★★★★★

The problem is you can't measure how much someone COULD have won, even more difficult to gauge that in a general way for everyone. Not really commenting on whether it was enough or not. Just pointing out that it wouldn't have been close to the next Milestone.

For me there are 2 parts to the issue.

1) The fact the game mode finished early genuinely impacting on player experience. It’s another disappointment and failure with the game the regularly does not run as intended.

2) The second part is the impact of the bug on rewards. Players missed out on Solo event rewards, Alliance Event Rewards, the daily special rewards, there push in Gladiators Circuit / Victory Track

I agree you can’t measure how much people could have won, but this compensation should serve as a Gesture of Goodwill for really negatively impacting on the final of a month long tournament. And secondly for the lost reward. What Kabam sent doesn’t really do anything.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I specified that I wasn't debating if it was enough or not. I left that up to peoples' own feelings. I'm simply saying it wasn't going to involve "could" scenarios. You can't quantify something that hasn't taken place and depends on a Win/Loss variable.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    C_money said:

Honestly this compensation is a joke. It doesn’t compensate for what I could of got with remaining time left. I missed out on 1,500 6* shards from solo objective which I was about 10k off plus possibly a better solo rank. Very disappointing that this is what they compensate us with. Another game I’ve played recently compensates for server maintenance and many other things they don’t have to but shows they care. Thus the player base actually has respect and good relationship with the company running the game/severs. Kabam should take notes from some other games. Played this game for 7+ years and it’s sad how little they try to take care of the player base these days. Maybe explains why people quit game. Stop sabotaging your own game kabam!!

You can get 2k 6* shards with the currency.
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★

The problem is you can't measure how much someone COULD have won, even more difficult to gauge that in a general way for everyone. Not really commenting on whether it was enough or not. Just pointing out that it wouldn't have been close to the next Milestone.

bro 4 wins in 12 hours is quite easy.
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★

They would know where everyone finished. They would have processed that data to decide ranks and rewards. They just had to compensate people according to their rank. It could have simply been the next milestone rewards. For example, if one was silver 2, s/he could have got compensation at least what s/he could have received by being silver 1. To me this sounds like reasonably easy to do. Somewhat fair as well. Surely better than what they did..
    I see what you mean but this seems like a ton of work man
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Tijjy007 said:

bro 4 wins in 12 hours is quite easy.
    I get that. I meant the next Tier/Bracket. Not the Objectives. You can't assume everyone would have gone up.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Aceymcoc said:

This is what I get for battlegrounds ending 12 hours earlier?
    tha
    Like that’s all I get? In the 12 hours battlegrounds went out for I could hv gone up a single rank and got more than what’s in this comp package, personally this is not compensation for a game mode ending earlier it’s just a way to say we gave u something stop complaining

You could of, you have also gone down a rank. You might not have even played another match in that 12 hours or maybe you 100 matches.

That's the difficult part about compensation. They can't predict what you could've done because there's no way to know that. So blanket comp tends to be given out like this to play it safe.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    it's way better than no comp at all
  • It's downright awful.
  • I was so disappointed.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I’m not even mad about the other stuff but I feel like they wrote the algorithm wrong for the elders mark. My guess is they meant to send 450 and missed the 0. Enough for 4 matches. I wasn’t expecting more than that. I’m going to actually side with them here and THINK they missed a 0. No way they meant to send 45.

Now… if they did then they stooped to a WHOLE new level lol
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Could have at least been 90 Elders Mark. Lol. That was cute.
  • JAsummonarJAsummonar Posts: 171
    Tijjy007 said:

They would know where everyone finished. They would have processed that data to decide ranks and rewards. They just had to compensate people according to their rank. It could have simply been the next milestone rewards. For example, if one was silver 2, s/he could have got compensation at least what s/he could have received by being silver 1. To me this sounds like reasonably easy to do. Somewhat fair as well. Surely better than what they did..
    I see what you mean but this seems like a ton of work man
    Well you either work on stability of the game and don’t take down content earlier.. OR you work on compensating people fairly.. looks like same amount of work to me.. unless you are saying none of these are required 😊
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

But of course you don't ;)
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    The tokens and shield is fine (don't even need the shield in it) but the amount of elder's marks are not Half a match to make up for missing half a day I guess.
  • JerryJiverJerryJiver Posts: 102
    edited November 2022

and AGAIN as always we still haven't gotten any response on whether this truly is the compensation and not just a BG starter pack.

The mail clearly stated that this was intended to be compensation.
    My guess is that they forgot that they sextupled the cost of entry with elder’s marks. The 45 marks they gave was supposed to be 3 matches worth.
This discussion has been closed.