**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Relics go live today!

BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
So later today we can open the crystals, rank them up and use them in battlegrounds and EQ etc
I'm not sure yet how I feel about using them in battlegrounds, but for EQ and side quests they will be a good addition.
What's your thoughts?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 2,926 ★★★★★

So later today we can open the crystals, rank them up and use them in battlegrounds and EQ etc
    I'm not sure yet how I feel about using them in battlegrounds, but for EQ and side quests they will be a good addition.
    What's your thoughts?

It's the best thing they've done in years imo. I feel just as excited as I was when alliance wars were first announced tbh.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I am worried about the crystals cost. I feel like we won't even get a 5* relic yet, bcs of shards, but maybe I'm wrong
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 757 ★★★
    As someone in a top AQ alliance, I am disappointed in the lack of transparency as to how relics will impact prestige. Will certain relics have higher prestige than others (at the same rank/level)? Will they also have different prestige curves, such that ranking one that is higher now may not be the right "prestige play".

Noone expects this first wave to be the last... but having some sense of cadence when they might come out, and how often the next "Valkarie" might happen, where there is a new prestige relic around only to get jousted out by the next wave only a cycle or two later?

The first ones seem more like the OG chmps... there, valid mechanics, but will eventually be jokes in comparison to future more powerful ones, so want to gauge resources and decide how much to invest vs. save.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★

As someone in a top AQ alliance, I am disappointed in the lack of transparency as to how relics will impact prestige. Will certain relics have higher prestige than others (at the same rank/level)? Will they also have different prestige curves, such that ranking one that is higher now may not be the right "prestige play".

Noone expects this first wave to be the last... but having some sense of cadence when they might come out, and how often the next "Valkarie" might happen, where there is a new prestige relic around only to get jousted out by the next wave only a cycle or two later?

The first ones seem more like the OG chmps... there, valid mechanics, but will eventually be jokes in comparison to future more powerful ones, so want to gauge resources and decide how much to invest vs. save.

This. I dont care about prestige but knowing how often new relics will come and what types and when etc is something that shouldvr been knowing long before today.
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 223 ★★
    I would also really like to know about how they are limiting them from being used in AQ and AW. If I bind one to my aq champs are they locked out of aq? or does it just not have any effects in aq? While it would make much more sense to just have the effects not work in AQ or AW my gut says they will go the probably technically easier route of just banning champs with them bound. Which will be super annoying if i say want to have it on Herc for BGs but have to unbind all the time to run AQ paths.
  • As in everything I've read relics we're supposed to be for 3 and 4 stars to make them useable again....did that change? They aren't supposed to be for 6 stars. I must have been left out of that update lol. Guess I'll find out soon
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    My thoughts? Not sure I could care less. The downside is also an upside for me...mainly that they add prestige. It is enough for me to stop trying to keep up in the prestige race. So....maybe I do care?
  • Duo_KulioDuo_Kulio Posts: 180 ★★

I I opened the crystal with the relic and I got nothing!
  • It's broken, doesn't work.
  • This needs fixed Kabam, like seriously. Why release this big thing that's the biggest thing since release for it not to work
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 363 ★★★
    Don’t open the shards, they are definitely bugged…. Apparently there is supposed to be a relic tab aswell… which isn’t there
  • BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    I'm guessing my relics have invisibility abilities, cos I can't see em 😂
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 363 ★★★
    Thread are disappearing…. Wonder if they are all getting put as a collective
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Relics going to featured heavily in black friday? I can't say what I want to because I'll get in trouble, but... testing?
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 456 ★★★
    Everyone got John Cena lol
  • Also for some reason all these relic threads are being taken down
  • doskozdoskoz Posts: 12
    what happened when i opened one
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    But we downloaded the hotfix a week ago.....and it was for problems with the relics.....
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    I had the same, opened up the free gifted 3* to see what would happen. Reel was empty and the relic didn't appear.

Guess I'll be stopping there for a bit...
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

Also for some reason all these relic threads are being taken down

They’re getting moved to bugs and reports section in the specific thread for relic bugs
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 459 ★★★

Thought I was going to get Question Mark but luckily it stopped on . Is worth ranking up? I've never gotten before so just wanted to make sure I'm using my resources wisely
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Works now, I restarted the app
  • Hey everyone, we've already got a thread going for reporting bugs related to Relics that can be found here. We're already looking into this issue, but this is where we're gathering data and where we'll be reporting back as we have updates to share, so if you have info, you can share it here.
This discussion has been closed.