**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Broken Spot feedback loop in AW?

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
We faced a spot on the node in AW where it’s hazard shift and schadenfreude

Whenever a debuff triggers on the attacker, the defender gains a fury. Hazard shift places debuffs on you. That’s fine.

But when spot is placed there, there’s one of the worst feedback loops I’ve ever seen in the game, and wondered if Kabam (once they see how it works) would consider changing the interaction.

So when Spot uses sp1, he becomes buff immune

If you hit him, he can then apply a debuff to you, and he tries to gain a fury because of the node, but he’s buff immune.

Whenever spot is immune to a buff, he inflicts a rupture. That’s a debuff, so he tries to proc a fury. He’s immune to buffs so he tries to inflict a rupture

Over and over again until 99 ruptures are applied and you tick to death.

Now, there are a couple of counters to this, scorpion and ghost mainly (though Kingpin could go pretty crazy with all those debuffs into overpower too). But I haven’t seen a feedback loop like it, and just wanted to see if it is intended to be this way. If it is, sure, we will deal with it.

If you want to see a video of it I posted it on Twitter here.

Comments

• This is a pretty broken feedback loop, especially since the rupture damage feels unavoidable. I hope kabam check out this interaction and fix it.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Ghost? When she's not banned, or Angela? Sorry if these are wrong. I don't know the aw nodes or tactics
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    “If you hit him”…don’t.
  • “If you hit him”…don’t.

next season when he throws a special he will place a debuff on you from debuff detox.... your "tactic" is blown out of the water.

Ghost? When she's not banned, or Angela? Sorry if these are wrong. I don't know the aw nodes or tactics

ghost would work, yes. She is whitelisted this season luckily. From next season she is going to be in the permabanned ist again.

maybe namor could work as well.

not on hazard shift.
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    edited November 2022
    What about Valkyrie only hitting into block?
    I guess same logic for debuff detox. Maybe Shang chi with cleanse? That is a very broken interaction tho. Similar to Wiccan against tigra when she throws an sp2 when neutralized
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

next season when he throws a special he will place a debuff on you from debuff detox.... your "tactic" is blown out of the water.

Will he? Remains to be seen since it can be order of operations dependent.