**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

The Gold Deficit Issue

I think it’s great that Kabam were keen to give us 6* rank up materials in the cyber weekend deals today. However, the lack of ways to acquire gold in this game is starting to get ridiculous. The amount that it takes to take a 6* to R3 or R4 is unsustainable unless you spend every single moment on the game in the Arena. It would leave zero time to enjoy any of the fun modes that MCOC has to offer.

I don’t understand why Kabam is so hesitant to give us better, improved ways to get gold. It’s just as precious a resource as T5B or T3A and they are giving those away for dirt cheap these days.

Comments

• Dragoon81Dragoon81 Posts: 147 ★★

Honestly with all the gold in the side quest and other things we've had lately I don't understand this post. I run a little arena for milestones. I hate arena and could never be confused for an arena grinder. I just took quicksilver from R3 to R4 a few minutes ago despite no level up event. I also just got 80 AQ tickets so I'll only have to get 70 more when the new AQ starts and the price resets. I run map 8 entirely with gold. Somehow I've still got over 82 million. I read these posts and it's like we are playing a different game.

You doing something, I did Arena grind half of last year and never made it past 30 mil and now I’m at 6 mil since I quit the Arena grinding for the past year.
  • heirDEZheirDEZ Posts: 132 ★★
    mckmarvel said:

I think it’s great that Kabam were keen to give us 6* rank up materials in the cyber weekend deals today. However, the lack of ways to acquire gold in this game is starting to get ridiculous. The amount that it takes to take a 6* to R3 or R4 is unsustainable unless you spend every single moment on the game in the Arena. It would leave zero time to enjoy any of the fun modes that MCOC has to offer.

I don’t understand why Kabam is so hesitant to give us better, improved ways to get gold. It’s just as precious a resource as T5B or T3A and they are giving those away for dirt cheap these days.

Preach.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Dragoon81 said:

Honestly with all the gold in the side quest and other things we've had lately I don't understand this post. I run a little arena for milestones. I hate arena and could never be confused for an arena grinder. I just took quicksilver from R3 to R4 a few minutes ago despite no level up event. I also just got 80 AQ tickets so I'll only have to get 70 more when the new AQ starts and the price resets. I run map 8 entirely with gold. Somehow I've still got over 82 million. I read these posts and it's like we are playing a different game.

You doing something, I did Arena grind half of last year and never made it past 30 mil and now I’m at 6 mil since I quit the Arena grinding for the past year.
    I don't use basic ISO at all. I also sell a lot of class ISO. I get at least the units in every level up event but rarely rank champs when it's not on. I have 33 6*s at R3 or better, 20 at r2. I have 152 6*s so I could be ranking at a pace that would exceed my gold intake but I choose not to. My gold level generally stays about even unless we have side quests like the current one, new story content, etc. I almost never take a 6* from open straight to r3. Other than a brief period when I dropped to a lower alliance when I was focused on act 7 exploration I've been running map 8 since it came out. Resource management is part of the game, and I manage my resources.
    ESF said:

I will say this: The side quests have gotten a lot better at dispensing gold over the last few months.

I am glad for that, because I just cannot grind Arena. I am happy for those who do — seriously. No joke. If you can do it, you deserve all the units and gold that comes with it.

I tell myself to do it. I try to force myself to do it. I just cannot do it. I am to the point where I don’t think anyone could pay me enough to grind 25 rounds a day for even one week.

That’s why I never complain about the haves and have-nots, the gaps between players. If you are grinding Arena for an entire year, you’re gonna get more stuff than me and do more ranking of characters than I am, and more power to you

25 rounds a day is way more than I am willing to do. I usually do at least the first few milestones in the featured and none in the others. I've done 30 rounds in the current featured arena for 6 million points, none in the others. Maybe I'll do some tomorrow, maybe not. I run as much as I can make myself do without hating the game lol.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,883 ★★★★★
    Gold goes fast if you rank up champs multiple ranks as soon as you get them. The people with gold in reserve rank up slowly, usually only during level up events and in most cases grind arena.
  • AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★

Gold goes fast if you rank up champs multiple ranks as soon as you get them. The people with gold in reserve rank up slowly, usually only during level up events and in most cases grind arena.

Yeaaaah no, the gold you are saving by ranking up during events is minimal.

It took me about 3million gold to R3 one of the champs I pulled recently. How often does it take the average player to get 3million gold? The fact that you can get the resources to R3 about 4 champions before you can get enough gold to rank up a champ from R1 to R3 is terrible game design.
  • Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 493 ★★★
    Normally would agree with you, Kabam has been stingy with gold a lot but this side quest is setting a standard that they should maintain. The side quest is dispensing a good amount of gold but still not so much that you can go overboard with ranking. I can rank and replenish with the side quest.

If they revert back to the horrible gold payouts next month, definite reason to complain.

Should also add incursion milestones are also ensuring steady supply.
  • LeanbisonLeanbison Posts: 119 ★★
    I do all the milestones in all 3 arenas. 3.2 million gold per month
    This months side quest (not sure)- 2-3 million
    Incursions - 2 million per month
    Cav EQ - 1 million per month
    Total: 8 million per month
    (I get even more gold from 7 hour and 22 hour events)

I earn enough catalysts in game to spend 4 million minimum every level up event, or 28 million per month I could be ranking up but I often have to hold back due to gold shortage. It is nice that they have increased access to gold but they do need to go further. Maybe the new EQ and SQ difficulties will help add more gold in game.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Incursions and the added Gold rewards in SQ would be a massive help… except that Battlegrounds came along. This caused 2 issues: First, just by casually playing BGs for the objectives every couple of days, gives you a great amount of T5BC and T2As (at least, that’s what I buy), which naturally you want to put into use. Secondly, the nature of BGs itself, requires the rankup of champions that you would not give a second thought about, for other game modes (with the exception of War defence, perhaps).

My Gold shortage is so bad at the moment (currently at 3 mil) that actually holds me back from spending on BF/CM deals and I mean this very seriously. I could get instantly Paragon and then have to worry about nonexistent Gold and start watching precious resources expire. Where’s the point in that…? Or I would just ignore their “offers”, build up my Gold stash and become Paragon within the next couple of months. But if that’s how Kabam perceives “balance”, hey, I’m all for it.
  • IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★
    mckmarvel said:

3.4 mill account with 57 5/65s and 30 R2+, and 60 mill+ gold…

The solution to your gold problem;

I had less than 1 million gold about 1 year ago, when I used all my gold on Goldfool's nice offers… which unfortunately we didn't get this year.
    388 streak. That’s way more than I’ve ever done or will ever do. It would make me hate the game. Congrats on fixing your gold issues but it can be done without going crazy in arena
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152
    Here we go again. I think there is a plenty of Gold in the game. You just have to do more contents for Gold. I am Paragon and do more than double the last milestone in rank up events. Yet my Gold hasn’t moved around 130 million for who knows how long without opening any Gold and Battlechip Crystals. Sure, I do some Arenas, but only to get new 3* and 4* and T1A and T4B. I don’t think that’s too much work.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

388 streak. That’s way more than I’ve ever done or will ever do. It would make me hate the game. Congrats on fixing your gold issues but it can be done without going crazy in arena

I was never the same after I ran off a streak of 180. Like I said, people who run Arena that hard, or go even harder, all the time deserve all the gold they can carry because I sure won’t be in the way
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    I was about to post the same. If it tells you how much upgrading I’ve done over the past year I’ve went from 60 million gold to just over 1 million
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Although Kabam has clearly been making more efforts at giving us gold availability lately (which means they are recognizing the issue) they have also made it so easy to aquire and rankup champs (especially with BG, EOP, etc).

As op states the amount of gold it takes to rank up 6*s is extremely high. I know people like to say before who you rankup, but Two issues with that argument. First, we obviously don't want the rankup materials to expire, which they will if we don't use them as they are just so easy to get these days. Second of all Kabam continues to go out of their way to make content, nodes, modes that requires a very diverse roster.

I respect that diversity, but if we don't have the gold (or blow through it insanely quick) then it's making the diversity more of a nuisance m
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    edited November 2022
    The main problem isn’t exactly the gold. This is coming from someone who doesn’t even have enough gold to fully max out my brand new rank 4 doom.

The main “issue” is that everything else is becoming so easily available. With BG’s rewards and everything else, I’ve never had so many new champs and also been able to rank them all up so quickly. Just 3 months ago my problem was picking a champ out of my limited roster that I thought deserved the rank up. Now I have close to 10 champs I want to bring to rank 3 or 4 and I can get the rank up materials from the glory store of BG’s store but now I have no gold.

My roster has just about doubled in the past few months in all aspects of rank 3 and 4 6* champs along with new 6* champs. I opened 35 featured crystals and was lucky enough to get all 6 featured champs and awaken QS, Titania, and Wiccan. Quicksilver went straight to rank 4 sig 140, Wiccan went straight to rank 3, Valkyrie went straight to rank 4 sig 200. (Other immediate rank ups were man-thing to rank 3, Shang chi to rank 3, ebony maw to rank 2, doom straight to rank 4 sig 98, thing to rank 3 sig 180, Sauron to rank 3) all of these rank ups have been within the release of battlegrounds so that’s like 3 months maybe? So basically a shot ton of gold was spent so I understand why I’m short on gold.

Gold is just one of the bottlenecks of resources that you’ll sometimes find yourself in short supply of. I haven’t been short on gold since the summoner symbiote event where I chose all the gold paths to get about 9.8 million gold. I might be short in gold now but I’ve never done so many rank ups in such a short time frame before.

Time to do boring arena and incursions I guess…