**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 2

Comments

• TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

Completely disagree on this point. Every chapter in act 4 gives an extra mastery point which to this day is still "ground breaking" considering that is the only place to get those once you are already at summoner level 60.

Well, for the moment they have a limited number of Mastery Points in the game. I would like to see more, but they've stated they have no plans of adding more at the moment. That may change.

Completely missing his point
    Not at all actually. There are only a certain number of Mastery Points in the game. I wouldn't say a Mastery Point would be groundbreaking, or even enough to please people. Not as much as is suggested. T5's would change the game greatly. I'm sure they'll come, but I wouldn't see it at Chapter 2. T2A's aren't so new, but a 5* Awakening Gem wouldn't exactly be a Chapter 2 Reward. That's my point. It's only Chapter 2. The Rewards increase, but it's still only Chapter 2. There is a progression with Rewards that we see in all content.

A mastery point wouldn't be groundbreaking now, correct. Why you are missing his original point is that at the time of Act 4 it was. I don't believe he was asking for a mastery point to be added to Act 5 rewards.
  • TensioTensio Posts: 170
    Monthly quest is easier and has better rewards than this 5.2 chapter. No t2a or t2a shards. Nonsense. No interest.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

Completely disagree on this point. Every chapter in act 4 gives an extra mastery point which to this day is still "ground breaking" considering that is the only place to get those once you are already at summoner level 60.

Well, for the moment they have a limited number of Mastery Points in the game. I would like to see more, but they've stated they have no plans of adding more at the moment. That may change.

Not at all actually. There are only a certain number of Mastery Points in the game. I wouldn't say a Mastery Point would be groundbreaking, or even enough to please people. Not as much as is suggested. T5's would change the game greatly. I'm sure they'll come, but I wouldn't see it at Chapter 2. T2A's aren't so new, but a 5* Awakening Gem wouldn't exactly be a Chapter 2 Reward. That's my point. It's only Chapter 2. The Rewards increase, but it's still only Chapter 2. There is a progression with Rewards that we see in all content.

A mastery point wouldn't be groundbreaking now, correct. Why you are missing his original point is that at the time of Act 4 it was. I don't believe he was asking for a mastery point to be added to Act 5 rewards.
    Sha59 wrote: »
    Mal wrote: »

Why do all your posts sound like you work for Kabam? If you do thats fine. You should just let ppl know is all. Maybe you wouldn't get so many Spam/Abuse flags...

People Flag everything I say just because they don't agree, and they don't like me. I could care less. It's just abusing the function.
    I do not work for Kabam.

For someone who clearly spends alot of time on these forums you dont want to debate your opinion?....

Lets break down the screwups from Kabam and i will miss some because their have been alot.

Season 3 is announced with basically no difference in rewards, other than Map 5 and 6 crystals giving away extra shards and a minor chance of T2A.
    LOL is released, with a completely bugged game that gave early guys a massive advantage.
    LOL is closed down less than 12 hours after release because it was too easy.
    Bugs todo with DE and LC are fixed
    LOL is re released (10 days later? might have been 2 weeks) and is way harder than the original. Small difference for doing 1 path is added to compensate.

flashforward months... we get the ground breaking update of 12.0 which makes the game unplayable. the entire community is up in arms and Kabam make changes.

12.1 is released with the biggest NERF in the history of the game to end game content (LOL). Which is over 3 times easier with the same champs as pre 12.0. Not to mention is bugged beyond belief with Enigmatics not even working correct (Rhino, Miles, BPCW to name a few) a big middle finger to the top player base that has already finished LOL.

Season 4 is announced for AQ, which is basically WORSE for top alliances than Season 3 (we had seen no progression from Season 2 to 3, then worse for Season 4)

Act 5 Chapter 1 is released (end game content) with some stupid nodes and rewards basically suck.

and now this mess with Chapter 2.

lets not mention in amongst all of this all of the bugs that are in the game fixed and not fixed. (Backdash bug cost people units), Dexterity integration with MD. Whiffing of attacks mid combo, Blocking SP1+2 after 4 and 5 hits, Pure Skill no longer working as it did pre 12.0 the list is endless.

There is more than i have mentioned, you could go on forever, but the point is that they continue to disappoint the mid and high end of the playerbase to allow new players to catch up.

lets be brutally honest, no player that picks up the game now will EVER catch up with the top accounts in this game its physically impossible. They could drop 50k on a new account and be nowhere near the top 100 accounts in the game. The loss of the monthly calendars alone would see to that . (the months where T2A) were given, along with all the offers they have missed (T2A Daily offers, Shard Daily offers and so on)

So on that its about time that they started looking after the ENTIRE player base, you guys need to to start keeping the top players happy!!

You're compounding issues that have nothing to do with Chapter 2. It's another Chapter in Act 5. It's not a solution to every problem that's come up.

You're also missing my point.
  • 4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    edited June 2017

Right now a Mastery point is not ground breaking but back when the act 4 was released it was And all the rewards that released at that time were groundbreaking...Now we Get worst rewards And nothing that we cant get from other content...The game has evolved since the act 4 release but not the rewards And the Events...
    edited June 2017

What I'm saying is there is only so far they can go. Maxing 5*'s and Awakening Gems will no doubt be coming, but not before its time. I can't see it coming for Chapter 2. The Gems may not change the game drastically, but the T5's will shift the whole game paradigm.
    When we examine the other Acts, specifically Chapters 1 and 2, the increase isn't that great between them. That's what I'm saying. It's an increase consistent with the previous.

Right now a Mastery point is not ground breaking but back when the act 4 was released it was And all the rewards that released at that time were groundbreaking...Now we Get worst rewards And nothing that we cant get from other content...The game has evolved since the act 4 release but not the rewards And the Events...

What I'm saying is there is only so far they can go. Maxing 5*'s and Awakening Gems will no doubt be coming, but not before its time. I can't see it coming for Chapter 2. The Gems may not change the game drastically, but the T5's will shift the whole game paradigm.
    When we examine the other Acts, specifically Chapters 1 and 2, the increase isn't that great between them. That's what I'm saying. It's an increase consistent with the previous.

You can't compare what the other Acts were like because the game has moved on so much from there. When those rewards were given there wasn't many places to get the rewards which is how they could get away with it. Now there is so much in the game that people can get substantially better rewards in 1 month of playing the monthly quest, AQ and AW. This wasn't the case before.

You can't compare what the other Acts were like because the game has moved on so much from there. When those rewards were given there wasn't many places to get the rewards which is how they could get away with it. Now there is so much in the game that people can get substantially better rewards in 1 month of playing the monthly quest, AQ and AW. This wasn't the case before.

I remember the day aw was announced its so much easier to get 4s and 5s now than what it used to be
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    So I see that this is on par or harder than rtl but what I think is being missed is this, is it on par fight per fight or in totality?.
    Are we going to have 15 fight paths with each fight being as hard or harder than rtl 4.6? If so then this quest would be much harder than rtl
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Nebula wrote: »
    I think people need to compare act 4 and act 5 chapter rewards. The act 4 chapter rewards are almost nothing

act 4 = act 5 now huh? People rlly need to lift their heads out of their... not gonna finish but if you want to compare I suggest comparing it to rtll instead. And this is supposed to be more challenging than that.

The chapter rewards in acts are nothing compared to the final rewards. Look at Act 1 to 4. The final rewards are always much better. I don't see why act 5 should be any different. The difficulty increase is big yes, but so is the increase in rewards from act four chapter rewards to act five chapter rewards.

People are acting as though each chapter is an entire act and seem to be forgetting about the final rewards. If each chapter reward was a lot better then it would just take away from the final exploration reward.

Look at act 4. Compare the difficulty of chapters 1 and 2. Not much difference. Therefore the rewards aren't much different.

Act 5 is completely a different story. Chapter 2 will be harder that rttl. Please think about this.

Rewards must be commensurate with difficulty.

It won't take away from the final rewards. The final rewards need to be even more epic.
    The point that nobody seems to understand is that the chapter rewards in any act are never significant regardless of the difficulty. Look at Act 4 chapter 3, arguably the most difficult content in the game when it was released, the chapter rewards are barely anything and yet nobody complained about the rewards. People complained about the difficulty but not rewards.

That's because back then people understood that the main reward that they would get for the work they put in now is the final rewards. And the reason people are complaining now when they didn't before is because kabam have hidden the completion/exploration rewards.

If the completion and the exploration rewards were visible we wouldn't have this problem. Because there was no problem with act 4.
    I think people need to compare act 4 and act 5 chapter rewards. The act 4 chapter rewards are almost nothing

act 4 = act 5 now huh? People rlly need to lift their heads out of their... not gonna finish but if you want to compare I suggest comparing it to rtll instead. And this is supposed to be more challenging than that.

The chapter rewards in acts are nothing compared to the final rewards. Look at Act 1 to 4. The final rewards are always much better. I don't see why act 5 should be any different. The difficulty increase is big yes, but so is the increase in rewards from act four chapter rewards to act five chapter rewards.

People are acting as though each chapter is an entire act and seem to be forgetting about the final rewards. If each chapter reward was a lot better then it would just take away from the final exploration reward.

Look at act 4. Compare the difficulty of chapters 1 and 2. Not much difference. Therefore the rewards aren't much different.

Act 5 is completely a different story. Chapter 2 will be harder that rttl. Please think about this.

It won't take away from the final rewards. The final rewards need to be even more epic.
    The point that nobody seems to understand is that the chapter rewards in any act are never significant regardless of the difficulty. Look at Act 4 chapter 3, arguably the most difficult content in the game when it was released, the chapter rewards are barely anything and yet nobody complained about the rewards. People complained about the difficulty but not rewards.

That's because back then people understood that the main reward that they would get for the work they put in now is the final rewards. And the reason people are complaining now when they didn't before is because kabam have hidden the completion/exploration rewards.

If the completion and the exploration rewards were visible we wouldn't have this problem. Because there was no problem with act 4.

In fact everyone complained about the rewards, especially the end rewards for completion and exploration and they were rightfully changed to what they are now. So the question is, have they decided to hide the rewards this time for Act 5 because of what happened with Act 4?

There was no problem with act 4 cause act 4 was way back when these rewards where better back then...These rewards nowadays are a joke from what we get every week just by playing a few hours a day...There is nothing in the act5 ch2 rewards that we cant get from Aq master and arenas and weekly quests
    @TheBaldAvenger
    If what you say is true fair enough I didn't think people were complaining and I was on the forum a lot during act 4 announcements.

I think people should reserve judgment until they see Exploration and completion rewards. They could (emphasis on could) be awesome and make people completely retract what they've complained about before. And of course here come the generic "I doubt it, kabam are ****" replies. But they could be putting the best stuff in final rewards.

Ok just bear with me for a second and Imagine that the chapter rewards are meant to be this level of goodness.

All the chapter rewards from act 4 add up to 6 basic cats, 1000 5* shards and 10 sig stones.
    The final rewards are 5 basic cats, 3 tier 4 class, 4000 5* shards, 2 4* crystals, 4 tier 2alphas, an awakening gem, 15 4* sig stones.

At the time most people couldn't get t4 class anywhere, they couldn't get t2 alphas or an awakening gem from anywhere. The final rewards were easily ten times better than the chapter rewards.

So now imagine that chapter 1and 2 rewards are added up and doubled (to account for 3 and 4 unknown rewards) now make that ten times better, that means the end rewards are gonna be awesome.
    @4_ME_U_D0N3

At the time act 4 was released the chapter rewards weren't groundbreaking. Yes there were mastery points but apart from that everything else was obtainable pretty easily. There was nothing in Act 4 chapter rewards that a player couldn't get pretty easily.
  • JustBeFineJustBeFine Posts: 31
    thank you for these worst rewards. not impatient to do it, **** rewards. for an act5... seriously... increase or add more 5* things (shards, sig stones, awakened, or alpha2*...) because it's just a joke this announcement.

you said you will listen your community, all posts here said same... now we wait and see if it's true... will you do something or nothing like in past?
    So wait another 6 months for something that could be awesome but spend at will till then
  • Nomercy_4_youNomercy_4_you Posts: 44
    edited June 2017
    Thats horrible rewards for act5, i think u'll lose your players
    @4_ME_U_D0N3

At the time act 4 was released the chapter rewards weren't groundbreaking. Yes there were mastery points but apart from that everything else was obtainable pretty easily. There was nothing in Act 4 chapter rewards that a player couldn't get pretty easily.

I was reffering to mastery points...Those extra points once u hit lvl 60 its really important For something extra on ur masteries
    @TheBaldAvenger
    If what you say is true fair enough I didn't think people were complaining and I was on the forum a lot during act 4 announcements.

I think people should reserve judgment until they see Exploration and completion rewards. They could (emphasis on could) be awesome and make people completely retract what they've complained about before. And of course here come the generic "I doubt it, kabam are ****" replies. But they could be putting the best stuff in final rewards.

Ok just bear with me for a second and Imagine that the chapter rewards are meant to be this level of goodness.

All the chapter rewards from act 4 add up to 6 basic cats, 1000 5* shards and 10 sig stones.
    The final rewards are 5 basic cats, 3 tier 4 class, 4000 5* shards, 2 4* crystals, 4 tier 2alphas, an awakening gem, 15 4* sig stones.

At the time most people couldn't get t4 class anywhere, they couldn't get t2 alphas or an awakening gem from anywhere. The final rewards were easily ten times better than the chapter rewards.

So now imagine that chapter 1and 2 rewards are added up and doubled (to account for 3 and 4 unknown rewards) now make that ten times better, that means the end rewards are gonna be awesome.

I have no doubt the final completion and exploration rewards will be awesome. The point still remains that the rewards for the chapters are nowhere near good enough for the difficulty, time and effort to achieve. If we wanna compare Act 4, yes there was minimal 5* shards on offer, but where else were we getting 5* shards from at that time? How many 5* champs were in the game at that time? That's the problem here for me, people are comparing previous rewards and not actually thinking of what the impact was to players at the time of those rewards. The excitement at that time for 5* shards is comparable to putting t2a or even releasing t5b shards in the chapter rewards because you can't get them from many areas of the game
    You can get better rewards in aq, aw, and arena in a given week.
  • Helo
    @4_ME_U_D0N3

I was reffering to mastery points...Those extra points once u hit lvl 60 its really important For something extra on ur masteries

Ok then where can you get a generic 4* awakening gem or a 4* rank up ticket in everyday play?
    @TheBaldAvenger

I have no doubt the final completion and exploration rewards will be awesome. The point still remains that the rewards for the chapters are nowhere near good enough for the difficulty, time and effort to achieve. If we wanna compare Act 4, yes there was minimal 5* shards on offer, but where else were we getting 5* shards from at that time? How many 5* champs were in the game at that time? That's the problem here for me, people are comparing previous rewards and not actually thinking of what the impact was to players at the time of those rewards. The excitement at that time for 5* shards is comparable to putting t2a or even releasing t5b shards in the chapter rewards because you can't get them from many areas of the game
    The rewards for chapter 3 act 4 were not good enough for the difficulty. Yet people didn't complain because they knew that the final rewards were there.

You could get 5* shards every week from SA, don't tell me they were as rare as t2 alphas
    @TheBaldAvenger

The rewards for chapter 3 act 4 were not good enough for the difficulty. Yet people didn't complain because they knew that the final rewards were there.

You could get 5* shards every week from SA, don't tell me they were as rare as t2 alphas

They were as rare as t2 alphas
    @TheBaldAvenger
    So if you were offered 400 5* shards or 4 t2 alphas at the time of act 4 being released you'd choose the shards
    @TheBaldAvenger
    So if you were offered 400 5* shards or 4 t2 alphas at the time of act 4 being released you'd choose the shards

Well that's just silly
  • HateHate Posts: 2
    Rewards are garbage, not gonna do it unless it's reasonable. And I remember Kabam mentioned that all these acts won't be as hard as ROL. Even there we can get class cat4 for 5*... Shame