**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

As a ftp player are sucides worth it

manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
edited November 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I’ve 100% act 7and 8.1 so I have no where to use my units and I finally got enough units for sucides, are they worth it. Most my champs are sucide friendly so I’m thinking I should do it

As a ftp player are sucides worth it 55 votes

Yes
50%
Crys23LeNoirFaineantSpeedbumpVerzzRayhanIshaqueAmaadAkiraRockyshockySCP1504Mobile_P0tat0Dwhalen8554H3t3rReignkingTWAomine_Daiki10RenaxqqAdokGiuliameijLlessurOakenshieldNalak8Ace2319 28 votes
No
49%
ccrider474NescioMhd20034HzoriyuwMaicoñ97redsoxpatsfan89Dooberman420Tony886Amazing_Demon05_Sham_JVoorheesFabwiziSpideyFunkoCharlie21540KOSLORDBlôdletterBuggyDClownMamu91LBN1 27 votes
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,919 ★★★★★
    If you've done that much content and never needed to unlock them, no.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Update: I just went for it go big or go home
    The damage is hot
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    It's completely in the eye of the beholder and what the next challenge is requiring with the node combinations.

Always depends on your questing team, specific challenges and nodes. I love spamming specials with Doom, Torch, NF, Void, APOC etc - and just running suicides on them without a single special is about 15% life gone each fight in 10 seconds.
    With suicides, almost none of them get used, unless I'm dedicating 2 slots to NF and DPX (which is not always ideal either).

However, champs like Herc, BWCV, Ultron (robots in general), Omega Red, etc, they do become so much more fun when you see the damage if you can end the fight in one sp2 or SP3s.

Biggest downsides to suicides are nodes that require frequent specials, heal block nodes (like Eop frequently has) & war defense - which whittle you down and can require items to top up that you wouldn't need if you slow played (well) without them.

I go back and forth at times, but generally prefer using all of my roster and the full capabilities of their specials to get the most usefulness out of them, even if not always the biggest damage. Plus, I get tired of using the same champs for everything. If you have the units, switching back and forth gives the best of both worlds, but it can start to add up.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,682 ★★★★
    Yes
    If you grind a lot of arena it is definitely worth it. If not, more roster dependent.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited November 2022

It's completely in the eye of the beholder and what the next challenge is requiring with the node combinations.

Always depends on your questing team, specific challenges and nodes. I love spamming specials with Doom, Torch, NF, Void, APOC etc - and just running suicides on them without a single special is about 15% life gone each fight in 10 seconds.
    With suicides, almost none of them get used, unless I'm dedicating 2 slots to NF and DPX (which is not always ideal either).

However, champs like Herc, BWCV, Ultron (robots in general), Omega Red, etc, they do become so much more fun when you see the damage if you can end the fight in one sp2 or SP3s.

Biggest downsides to suicides are nodes that require frequent specials, heal block nodes (like Eop frequently has) & war defense - which whittle you down and can require items to top up that you wouldn't need if you slow played (well) without them.

I go back and forth at times, but generally prefer using all of my roster and the full capabilities of their specials to get the most usefulness out of them, even if not always the biggest damage. Plus, I get tired of using the same champs for everything. If you have the units, switching back and forth gives the best of both worlds, but it can start to add up.

Very good take. I turned them on a year and a half ago and ran them for a good year all the time. I enjoyed the damage increase and the champs that benefited from them, but once I turned them off I realized just how much more sustainable my champs really were, overall. Yeah, some champs REALLY benefit from suicides (like Diablo, Corvus, Omega Red, OS), but so many champs are hindered or limited I decided I didn't care for the limitations as much as the benefits. I really wish they had load outs so we could easily switch between having them on or off.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I don't grind a lot of arena, but I love running suicides. I've played without them for a long time, and without willpower also. I get disagrees every time I suggest that you can drop willpower if you don't run suicides but it's true. Willpower is still useful, but it takes too many mastery points in largely useless masteries to keep it unlocked. At the end of the day, I like playing with suicides better than without them.