**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Game mechanics not properly functioning [More Info Needed]

Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Is the Kabam team looking into the fact that parry, blocking, backwards & forwards dash, intercepting; are all not functioning properly? Can we have an update on this please???
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    +1
    They know and have know for awhile, I just don't think they care anymore since they just ignore the endless complaints about the control issues even going so far as blaming our devices.

Which isn't the case since people across all kinds of devices, operating systems, models, versions are having the same or similar ones, even the newer devices.

Honestly at this point I don't think they are even capable of fixing them and seem content to just let them get worse and take our money if not then it would've been fixed by now.

I agree with you 100%. They are just not capable of fixing some of these problems. Not a "skill/knowledge" judgement, just a trade off of feature implemented/engine limitations/device problems/time&money needed to rewrite old code for a newer feature set.

I spent money and never had a single complaint pre-12.0 (maybe the evade mechanic) but everything worked well enough. I had never even visited the forum until the announcement of 12.0. At the time, I had every god tier 4* at 5.50 except SL and loved playing so much that my wife would make me leave my phone at home for certain events that she knew I would suddenly disappear to play for 20 min.

I even bought a new phone because I convinced myself that my galaxy S6 was the problem, well the S8 just changes how the timing bugs manifest.

I only play now because some part of me stills hopes that level of fun will return if they just fix .... nope. Hope is a cruel mistress.
  • theshiznit05theshiznit05 Posts: 107
    I actually got on to post about this. The past 2 days the game has been unplayable. Today I've played about 10 minutes and in that time I had Mordo stop fighting (I was in the middle of a combo) and lost that fight. I then got killed by BPCW's special 1 when I was as far back as you can possibly get while he was doing it. It's obvious Kabam knows about the problems they just don't care.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Hey OP. We are definitely looking into these issues, but the investigation is going to take a bit more time. Can you all let me know your device and OS version, if you haven't already mentioned it in here?

For @Lurker, can you let me know what you mean by "the S8 just changes how the timing bugs manifest" because that might be important for looking into this issue. Thanks.
  • CosmicZenCosmicZen Posts: 54
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey OP. We are definitely looking into these issues, but the investigation is going to take a bit more time. Can you all let me know your device and OS version, if you haven't already mentioned it in here?

For @Lurker, can you let me know what you mean by "the S8 just changes how the timing bugs manifest" because that might be important for looking into this issue. Thanks.

Not them but same issues. Makes act 5 and Master event impossible because I take a special to the gut instead of moving. I cant even prevent getting nailed in arena. I did not have this issue a week ago.

Oneplus 5T
    Android 7.1.1
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @CosmicZen. May I ask how long you've had the 5T? Your issue may be a very similar issue that is specific to iPhone X and 5T due to their aspect ratio. It's not the same issue that the other comments are reporting, but it is indeed being worked on.
    edited December 2017

sure,

on the S6, one of my issues was the swiping back often got interpreted as block/parry and so I never evaded much... or more specifically it appeared to "twitch" block on and off instead of swipe back. I was always wiping my screen off and killing apps because I thought it was the speed of my device/ability to "see" it as a swipe. and forward swipes sometimes seemed delayed but block speed was pretty reliable (parry timing window was smaller post 12.0 but that seems by design, not a bug). I also always played with a full charge or while plugged in bc it seemed to be more responsive. I never really noticed the difficulty of the content to be a factor. seemed pretty much the same across all the content.

on the S8, the evade works much better but depending on the AI difficulty, the opponent seems to move a lot faster. if I have to write a description of how to parry on my S8, it wouldn't be a "well timed block", it would be a "predictive block". if it was consistently faster, I could probably adjust, but it is constantly different. from lightening fast to sluggish but not lagging, then stuttered, then seemingly fine, then lagging, randomly. always changing from fight to fight. it does appear the within a single fight, the speed is constant unless I have been doing arena, the lag is noticeably more frequent with "help" waiting. also various versions between 14.0 (got new phone on that version) to 16.1 have varying amounts of lag. 16.1 I haven't seen the glaring lag, I see more micro lag. I have to press the attack button more often to keep a combo going but then the final M swipe is just ignored but I can swipe back quickly if the AI doesn't capitalize on it or I hit the special button and nothing happens.

but my #1 complaint, the 1 thing that might fix the majority of my problems is how quickly the AI recovers and blocks specials. now this might partly be my fault. I have dealt with the controls issues by tapping more than needed to get smooth combos and hit the special button as quickly as I can after MLLL or MLLLM because it would help land it, but recent updates have allowed me to interrupt my own attacks to launch a special, but that causes the AI to instantly recover. if memory serves, a little while back there was an issue where we couldn't hit controls for a brief period after a combo(?) that was adjusted. that's when I noticed that I could interrupt my own attack. It's particularly noticeable with Moonknight. the difficult AI instantly blocks if I do that.

I might be rambling a bit, covering multiple software versions, but I am also constantly adjusting anything that I can to try what I can to get usable controls. most recently, I have turned the "game mode"(?) settings from either Samsung or google, can't remember, where you can choose performance, normal, or power savings speeds. turned it down to normal. haven't had time to truly test it. I always need time to change my reflexes.

I will have to post exact version of OS when I get back to my phone. AT&T just updated it a couple days ago. but it's an S8 active.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Yeah lurker I am iPhone se 10.3.1 and this is a perfect description of my issues. Or the lag after the combo and my swipe back doesn't register so I just stand there
    I think I edited too many times. my post disappeared.
  • Yesterday I also commented about this. My original post is quoted below for convenience but someone else gave a reply to my post that gave their details.
    Today another alliance member reported that his champs stood their doing nothing and that block wasn’t working for him either.
    I use iPad Air 2 iOS 11.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/36619/block-failing-or-dropping

Myself and a few alliance members have been having issues with block. Twice in a row fighting av mini boss in map 3 my block dropped right in the middle of av doing his s1. First time it was with Spark. I was holding block but Spark evaded and then got hit by final shot of the special and bled to death. So I thought it was just an evade issue. But then I used bw to finish the fight and she koed the same way. I was holding block securely and successfully blocking the first animation of av’s s1 when suddenly the block dropped and I was hit by the projectile sequence of the animation. The next av mini my alliance members began commenting that their blocks were failing too.
    We usually do Map 5 all week with our bks easily soloing the minis and often dormamum.
    I’m keen to hear if other players are having blocking issues.
    What game mode? What opponent? What champ where you using? Did your block fail entirely or did it drop suddenly? It might be most helpful if people report the most obvious cases, ie not moments when parry failed or might have been mis-timed. (There appears to be a separate thread for parry issues. I want to collect info just about the block issues.)

1rvwtw7ggj2m.png
  • DrainsDrains Posts: 158
    Quick answer
    The harder content allows the AI to manipulate your movements to gain an advantage.
    None of these things have I experienced on low difficulty content.
    The game is programmed to cheat to get your wallet
    I recently experienced my heavy to not function and my champion once with Thor and then Gwenpool to do a normal kick instead of their normal heavy attack
  • DrainsDrains Posts: 158
    Spider Gwen not Gwenpool
  • I noticed a few things while playing uncollected difficulty. While fighting the bosses thier able to use specials while I'm in mid combo. Whether I'm hitting into thier block or hitting them they can fire off a special before I've completed the combo. Also I've only experienced this with taskmaster but he is able to swipe back mid combo and then comes back to intercept me. I ready his info and didn't see this ability in his text. I've only experienced this with taskmaster. Also the auto block bug is still in effect where they can block and retaliate simultaneously. Can we be let known if these issues are being addressed. Thanks
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★

I play on both an iPhone 7+, & an iPad mini 4. Both ran iOS 11.1, & now running iOS 11.2. Problems are still consistent. This is not a device or operating system problem. It's an in-game problem that occurs with each & every new update.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Then why are there hours upon hours of Youtube content where everything looks fine?
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Then why are there hours upon hours of Youtube content where everything looks fine?

Because it's inconsistent. Can happen on any fight or not at all.
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 160
    I’ve experienced many gameplay bugs as well. Sometimes when I swipe to dash forward or backwards my guy just stands there and sometimes my champs won’t block. It’s not me misstiming block either I know when I misstime my block and when the game just doesn’t block. I’m using an IPhone 6s iOS 11.1.2
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 160
    Also this didn’t start happening for me till the last update for the new event quest.
    Playing arena this morning, I pushed medusa against the wall, pushed her into sp3 range, but my combo and special would finish her off no problem but ... MLL -WHAT? she triggers sp3!!!! I looked down and cursed out loud... I wasn't recording the fight. GD it.

I know, autoblock, it didn't show on the screen, nor did I see the animation block, but of course I can't prove any of it.
    Example of MLLLM where the final M animation starts, but pressing the special button interrupts it. The AI recovers but in this case, doesn't block.

Slow motion clip:
    https://youtu.be/FEn_px3eUUE

Full fight:
    https://youtu.be/yty-rGeqX5E
    Lag example. At about 54 seconds.

https://youtu.be/vwXc5j8zVOM

Lag example at about 40 seconds.

https://youtu.be/fLL52PXOOGE
    UI unresponsive lag, just to change things up