**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Opinions on Infamous Iron Man

He's been out for a while now and I just got him from the featured 5-star, I have to say he's really fun to play but a little disappointing
As a defender he hasn't much going on for him, other than the somewhat annoying regen+special lock when he's below 15% health but that's okay not every champion has to be very annoying on defense. The real problem is that he's not extremely viable on offense either. His animations are amazing, and the playstyle is also very smooth but the damage is just lackluster. While I wouldn't be surprised if Kabam announced that they're keeping him as-is in the contest, I'd be happier if they decided to tune his numbers up just a bit.
What else do you guys feel about the highly anticipated iDoom?

Comments

• MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Ok I’m not one of the people who will tell you to hit good but it sounds like you’re playing him wrong. Watch his deep dive or some people like kt1 on YouTube to learn how to use him properly. He’s actually a pretty useful champs. Especially against champs who build prowess and gain power like crazy.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    He's definitely not meta like Doom was. He's good..but not outstanding or meta-defining. He's in that second tier of techs below nimrod & omega sentinel. His play style is also very risky at times.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Definitely pales in comparison to Doom.
    But in comparison to non-crit Tech champions, he seems pretty good and does different stuff than champions like Guardian or Captain Sam Wilson..
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★
    Well I have found him to be very good on offense as long as the defender isn't immune to shock and power burn. Just like Doom, he has a specific rotation for longer fights, which is a bit risky but it certainly pays off: get to sp3 while keeping the opponent around 2 bars of power, heavy cancel into sp3, then immediately block to bait a parry, get to the sp1 to special lock the opponent and then spam sp2 while aura of iron is active.

Against the passive AI in ROL I can get 3 sp2s, each dealing around 45k damage in burst alone (5* R5 no suicides). I haven't tried it yet against the opponents in act 7/8, but I assume against a more aggressive AI I can maybe squeeze a 4th sp2 in. He doesn't have big flashy numbers like other champions, but he still has a respectable damage output. And he can control fights very well so I'd say he's very viable on offense. Very good for AW and BGs so far. I still have to test him in story content.
  • Iron doom is amazing in the game. I use my r4 pretty much whenever I can. He has great synergies so if the enemy is immune to shock but not incinerate, I bring peni parker and he works just fine. He also works great in short-mid tier fights. I get easy wins within 2 sp2s in BGs and AW. His block proficiency is completely nutty and his kit works nicely with a lot of the hacks in incursions. He has great survivability, great utility, and pretty good damage. He also hard counters a ton of annoying mutants like apoc, kitty, and bishop.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    they definitely made idoom over qualified in what he does. he IS the next featured champ everyone is going to go for.
    hes just as annoying as regular doom in def and has too much utility and his abilities make it almost impossible to have a decent counter (almost)
  • they definitely made idoom over qualified in what he does. he IS the next featured champ everyone is going to go for.
    hes just as annoying as regular doom in def and has too much utility and his abilities make it almost impossible to have a decent counter (almost)

If you nullify his armor up, 90% of his utility is gone. His specials are easy to dex, the only thing "difficult" about him as a defender is his mediums are non-contact so no parry
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★

Not viable on offense? That sounds like you are playing him incorrectly. He's great on offense. Amazing control of the fight. Not sure where you guys are getting this risky feeling from.

Purely speaking to his damage numbers without regard for anything that might complicate a fight: my 6*R4 was just now dealing roughly 15% of ROL Winter Soldier's health with 1 SP2 after I started an SP3 cycle - by the time my SP3 cycle was over, I had taken roughly 60% of Winter Soldier's health (no suicides active). Not the greatest damage in the game, but I'll definitely take it when it's coupled with the amazing level of power control he has.

Another thing I wanted to point out was that the stand-up intercepts are ridiculously easy with him after his SP2s, so you can really keep up an aggressive playstyle while the long duration Aura of Iron is active.

Well I have found him to be very good on offense as long as the defender isn't immune to shock and power burn. Just like Doom, he has a specific rotation for longer fights, which is a bit risky but it certainly pays off: get to sp3 while keeping the opponent around 2 bars of power, heavy cancel into sp3, then immediately block to bait a parry, get to the sp1 to special lock the opponent and then spam sp2 while aura of iron is active.

Against the passive AI in ROL I can get 3 sp2s, each dealing around 45k damage in burst alone (5* R5 no suicides). I haven't tried it yet against the opponents in act 7/8, but I assume against a more aggressive AI I can maybe squeeze a 4th sp2 in. He doesn't have big flashy numbers like other champions, but he still has a respectable damage output. And he can control fights very well so I'd say he's very viable on offense. Very good for AW and BGs so far. I still have to test him in story content.

Any reason why you build the enemy to 2 bars of power before going for an SP3? I'm able to build the enemy up to 3 bars of power from 0 in the time I use my SP3, SP1, and get back to my SP2 (this is with the energize active).

Also, you can apply a shock, activate Aura of Iron with heavy to passively stun the enemy, use your SP3 as soon as you passively stun the enemy, finish the SP3 animation, and then immediately dash in to combo the enemy since the passive stun duration will persist (the timing for this isn't even difficult once you try it out a handful of times).
    The reason I don't like to push them to sp3 is that even though his crit rating is very high while the enemy has 3 bars of power, the power burn is not guaranteed so there's a chance I will end up pushing them to sp3. It has happened to me quite a few times in AW and BGs already so I like to be cautious with that rotation.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★

they definitely made idoom over qualified in what he does. he IS the next featured champ everyone is going to go for.

I find him way easier to deal with than original recipe Doom. Regularly clown on him with Hulkling or pretty much any cosmic champ. Just gotta bait the sp1 and be comfortable intercepting and you win.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    I'll let my opinions roll after i pull him from next featureds
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★

He's a fairly easy defender once you armor break him
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    He hits pretty hard. I have him on my team for war about half the time.

• Superstar_1126Superstar_1126 Posts: 399 ★★
    Playstyle can be tricky if used in a bad fight but with the right rotation is the rights, I consider him god tier. Immune to incinerate and shock as long as he has his armor. And instead of big yellow numbers, you get red numbers. Satisfying. He's good on defense if you dont have the right counters. There's a lot more I can say about Idoom but I'll leave it at that