**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

New BG masochism meta turning off anyone?

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
Masochism is just too brutal.. 1 parry and the regen is enormous.

New BG masochism meta turning off anyone? 93 votes

It ain’t fun
47%
SnakeEyes69Hort4buffajrJadedzuffybryce7mMqc19Vergeman78Crazyjack719NapaHeroMaxus7PandingoWhoDaPooEwell65SSS69Ctfz35Justin2524BocksaroxItsClobberinTimeH3t3rIronman3000 44 votes
It’s fun
30%
BitterSteelEmil_LimsonMaicoñ97Sinedd92Dominic7447Gogeta91199TheKiryuRockyshockyPikoluAmazing_Demon05BlackOracleMother_FlerkenSquirrelguyTimeGenesisGuyGardnerMauledFiiNCHMarcot22Hilbert_unbeatable2Bright4973 28 votes
Stopped doing BG due to modders
22%
kobiSceptilemaniacCyborg17mbraceGulfstream550McCloud33Kappa2gDart1981living_legend_1Bossmode12CaptainDenversRiptideWeener__SF__FlyingDrakeDave7099ShivacruxCederSeñor DudeGhost_Fan 21 votes

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    I don't enjoy it very much. When a meta isn't fun for me personally, I just get my milestones and wait for the next meta.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,907 ★★★★★
    It ain’t fun
    I hate it.

No one likes timing out every other fight.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    It’s fun
    I’ve enjoyed it. The occasional accidental parry is annoying but in the main it’s been fun.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    It ain’t fun
    If you don't like it (which I don't), just do what I'm doing and do bare minimum for objective rewards and wait for the node switch to get working on the grind.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,583 ★★★★★
    It’d be better if it worked right
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    It ain’t fun
    Yup it’s trash, luckily trash for everyone but I gotta accidentally pay every single fight 🤦‍♂️.

Me - almost done
    AI - nope
    Me - damn I parry’d them
    AI - full health buddy better luck next time
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    It ain’t fun

If you don't like it (which I don't), just do what I'm doing and do bare minimum for objective rewards and wait for the node switch to get working on the grind.

Yeah but we need threads like this to show that they should have chosen better nodes. Or else it’s gonna turn players off of he game.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    It ain’t fun
    If you add “it ain’t fun” and “stopped cos of modders” .. it’s currently over 70%.

So hopefully Kabam learns a lesson from this and do better.
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 226 ★★
    My issue (besides the modders) is that this meta does nothing to change the champs that need counters. Specifically because of how op the healing is from masochism over time. Why try to rank up champs that have multiple heal buffs or passives if an accidental parry when trying to bait out a special from thing leads to a 40% heal.
  • shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    Just Ghost it.

No I don't enjoy
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited December 2022
    It’s fun
    2x post
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited December 2022
    It’s fun
    It’s punishing but it’s a great leveller in terms of roster requirements in my opinion. One slip up puts you back at square 1, no matter what your roster looks like.

It’s also produced some amusing results. These are the high/lowlights of this week:

I think the OS vs Doom was in the victory track but still amused ne
  • BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    It’s fun
    I've been enjoying it so far as you just have to intercept and bring champs that don't cause active debuffs.
  • bryce7mbryce7m Posts: 84
    It ain’t fun
    Horrible!!!!w
    When this node is going to change?
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    It’s not fun when you face a modder one day and then someone that’s so good that they circumvent masochism by intercepting the entire match (based on person taking no damage, or else was another modder). I personally can’t pull that off, so I’m going for 48-hour rewards now.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    I still hate it due to modders, but it can be funny at times. How the heck did I even win this match?:

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    It’s fun
    If this isn't fun,

If you add “it ain’t fun” and “stopped cos of modders” .. it’s currently over 70%.

So hopefully Kabam learns a lesson from this and do better.

You know the smaple space is super tiny right
  • UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 393 ★★★
    It’s fun
    I like this meta shows all the people who rely to much on parry what happens when they do I mean some parry champs are still useable apoc aa mags still can do it but it really helps stop champs like scorp who are very debuff reliant so I actually like this meta very fun
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,138 ★★★★★
    It’s fun
    Where else could I have squeaked out a win using Peni against Hulking? I had the perfect counter.
    It’s called pause the game when going to be hit by a ko sp3.

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,199 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    It’s fun

stop champs like scorp who are very debuff reliant

🌚😬🌚😬🌚
  • It’s fun, but it’s also a pause meta which I hate. Kabam should disable the pause button during BG matches. It circumvents the purpose of the nodes
  • It ain’t fun

It’s fun, but it’s also a pause meta which I hate. Kabam should disable the pause button during BG matches. It circumvents the purpose of the nodes

Wdym? I can't pause at any point in the fight. The button is grayed out.
    It’s fun
    H3t3r said:

It’s fun, but it’s also a pause meta which I hate. Kabam should disable the pause button during BG matches. It circumvents the purpose of the nodes

You can pause. But not quit.
  • It ain’t fun

H3t3r said:

*Facepalm* I mixed the two up lol. But how do people get 23 seconds as there time but haven't died or killed the defender?
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,635 Guardian
    edited December 2022
    It’s fun
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

*Facepalm* I mixed the two up lol. But how do people get 23 seconds as there time but haven't died or killed the defender?
    When you pause, it pauses the fight time timer. So you can know people who paused. Same thing happens when you close the game and reopen it, the fight time timer will be based on when you reentered a fight.

Note: the points you get from a fight is still based on the global match timer, not necessarily the fight time.
    It’s fun
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

Of the game erm....crashes and you go back in, fight time is the amount you spend fighting but points are only if you defeat the defender with time remaining till 0