**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Welcome to December! Holiday and 8th Anniversary Celebrations AND Rocket's Holiday Scraptacular SQ

Welcome to December!

Happy Holidays, to you and yours! Now it's time to spend some real bonding time with your Champions because there is SO MUCH to do this month!

Rocket’s Holiday Scraptacular

Start Date: December 7th, 2022 @ 18:00 UTC

End Date: January 11th, 2023 @ 18:00 UTC

A spiritual successor to Rocket’s Scrapyard, Rocket’s Holiday Scraptacular is a new iteration with new structure and reward set! Rocket Raccoon has brought together the Guardians of the Galaxy to visit old friends (along with allies, romantic partners, casual flings, occasional acquaintances, chance encounters, enemies and tangentially related characters) for some holiday themed mayhem! Collect Scrap from Rocket’s Holiday Scraptacular Side Quest and use it to access rewards in Rocket’s Workshop! (We already gave you some Scrap in November, because we open gifts EARLY around here. You’re welcome.)

Format

• 4 Difficulties
    • Collect Scrap from Scraptacular Side Quest
    • Use Scrap to enter Rocket’s Workshop Side Quest, pick path with desired rewards
      • Workshops are tailored to your progression level
      • Cannot enter lower progression shops
      • Your map will be the same for the entirety of the event
  • Rocket’s Workshop will remain open until January 18th
  • No limit to entries, if you have the scrap, you can enter repeatedly
  • Collect shards and open Teamwork Dreamwork Crystals

Scrappy Solo Event

Starts: December 7th, 2022 @ 18:00 UTC 

End: January 11th, 2023 @ 18:00 UTC 

Note: Battleground objectives will only be available to summoners Uncollected and above.

Solo Objectives

Starts: December 7th, 2022 @ 18:00 UTC 

*NOTE* Solo Objectives will be tied to PRG, every account will have access to some (but not all) of these objective tiers.
Uncollected will get: Heroic, Master and Epic Solo Objectives
Cavalier will get: Heroic, Master and Legendary Solo Objectives
Thronebreaker will get: Heroic, Master and Thronebreaker Solo Objectives
For Clarity: Cav will NOT get the Uncollected set
And TB will not get the Uncollected or Cav sets

(click to enlarge)

Acquiring Scrap

Collect the following scrap quantities weekly through Rocket’s Holiday Scraptacular side quest. Additional Scrap can be earned through Solo Objectives, Solo Events and the Sabotage at the Mantis House Event Quest.

Scrap Totals

Total potential scrap to be accumulated through Rocket's Holiday Scraptacular are as follows. (Does not include November Scrap accumulation)
Heroic: 25,000
Master: 25,000
Uncollected: 60,000
Cavalier: 310,000

Spending Scrap

Spend Scrap for admission to Rocket’s Workshop Side Quest, pick the path with your desired rewards. 

*You will only have access to the Rocket’s Workshop side quest that matches your progression level.

Teamwork Dreamwork Crystals

Open Teamwork Dreamwork Crystals or combine 2000 Teamwork Dreamwork Crystal Shards for your chance to add one of the following champs to your roster! 

NOTE! For December only, Uncollected accounts will be able to purchase CAVALIER TEAMWORK DREAMWORK CRYSTALS!

Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, Drax, King Groot, Groot, Yondu, Nebula, Agent Venom, Venom, Venompool, Spider-man (Miles Morales), Red Hulk, Guillotine, Angela, Black Panther (Civil War), Mister Fantastic, Guillotine 2099, Iron Man (Infinity War), Nova, Storm, She-Hulk, Ronan, Silver Surfer, Dormammu

MCOC 8th Anniversary Celebrations

This December marks Marvel Contest of Champions’ 8th Anniversary! It’s wild to think of how much this game has grown over the years. We have a number of different ways to celebrate with the community through December!

Anniversary Login Calendars

Starts: December 10th, 2022 @ 18:00 UTC 

End: December 17th, 2022 @ 18:00 UTC

Anniversary Titles and PFP

Keep an eye out for an in-game message with an 8th Anniversary Profile Picture and a new Profile Title tied to the age of your account!

Dethroned - Arena Solo Event

Start: December 10th @ 18:00 UTC

End: December 17th @ 18:00 UTC

Note: There will not be Ranked Rewards for this event.

FREE Quicksilver!?

Log in between December 10th, 2022 @ 18:00 UTC and December 17th 2022 @ 18:00 UTC.

Hey.
Do you have an MCoC account?
Is it Contender progression or above?
Yeah?
Cool.
Here’s a free 4-Star Quicksilver.
Happy Anniversary; thanks for being great.

Quicksilver Solo Objectives

Start: December 10th @ 18:00 UTC

Halls of…

And more!

Holiday Celebrations

The Banquet

Starts: December 20th, 2022 @ 18:00 UTC 

End: January 3rd, 2023 @ 18:00 UTC 

New to the Contest this holiday season, join us for the Banquet! Purchase and open Banquet Crystals, compete in Alliance and Solo Events, earn Accolades and send fellow Alliance members select consumables!

More details here!

Log-in Calendar

This Calendar is NOT locked to progression! You saw that right! 

Holiday Gift

Log in between 12/24/2022 @ 18:00 UTC and 12/30/2022 @ 18:00 UTC to claim your holiday gift!

But… what is the gift?!”

It’s a gift, so it’s a surprise. But, it is divided by progression:

• Conqueror and below
  • Uncollected
  • Cavalier
  • Thronbreaker
  • Paragon
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    I have two questions and I do NOT want to sound greedy because all of this sounds amazing.

1. In years past, there's often a global summoner boost where you get 10% more gold and battlechips (if I'm remembering right), it sounds like that's not happening this year?
    2. For the workshop, you just spend the entry cost and then you can get anything in the workshop for no additional cost? Is there a limit for certain rewards or can I just spend all my scrap to re-enter and get the same thing over and over?
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 593 ★★★
    Re: Banquet.

Based on the in game email. I believe one of the thresholds to take part was having an active account since November 20, 2021?

Not for nothing - and it doesn’t effect me In the slightest by at least a couple of years - is that perhaps too stringent ? More than a year playing to take part?

Just food for thought.
  • CuchulainnCuchulainn Posts: 55
    Will we be able to gift awakening gems? Or dos consumables mean units/glory?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    So am I understanding the shop correctly - if I want to get a teamwork crystal every single time, I can gamble my monthly rewards there? Rewards can be as spread out or stacked on one item as I want?
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

One thing that immediately caught my eye - thank you for updating the 1-star arena. That’s a major incentive to get back to that.

I would still prefer the Celebration Arena for a chance at some exclusive 2* champs via Collector Crystal