**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So is it safe to assume that "Trade In " event is officially dead ?

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

I was hoping 1 % for that trade in event to happen but it's confirmed it won't come now. Loved that event . Kinda upset about it but it is what it is.

Comments

• AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Kinda expected this would happen considering the lack of goldpool deals, but who knows, maybe they’ll surprise us and bring back the store later on.
  • BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    Back when Boo was around, she posted something about how it might return in the future. It would be great if we could do it at least once more with the understanding that it won't happen again after that.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Aman111 said:

@Kabam Jax no trade in store return this year?

That was one the best part of the game....

Rofl... They did it 1 time.. 1....

Pikolu said:

Coppin said:

Aman111 said:

Do you need to experience the awesome thing at least 2 times to know it's awesome?
    The issue isn't that, he is saying kabam did it 1 time, so it is the players fault for assuming they would make it a recurring event.
    Usually a well-received promotion is repeated. It's the norm around the world, especially when your customers let you know constantly that they're fiending for you to bring it back. Knowing that, most businesses here on Earth would pump up the lead up events to fan the flames even higher, instead of dumping yellow snow on their blazing shutupandtakemymoney-ness.
    The gold event disagrees
    Also my comment was towards the "It was the best part of the game" part.. Its a game that has been running for almost 8 years and a 1 time thing was the best part? 🤣
  • Aman111Aman111 Posts: 8
    Coppin said:

Aman111 said:

People really got short term memory.....

The trade-in Store in December was not only trades of potions.....
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Aman111 said:

Coppin said:

Aman111 said:

People really got short term memory.....

The trade-in Store in December was not only trades of potions.....
    Im pretty sure no one cares much about the potions.. they want to trade Awakening Gems, which happened 1 time in 8 years..
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Axew said:

Kinda expected this would happen considering the lack of goldpool deals, but who knows, maybe they’ll surprise us and bring back the store later on.

December should always be the best month for players . If the gold deals or trade in event was back , this month would have been much much better . I know it happened 1 time only but that 1 time was enough for players to love it .

Ofcourse criticism was there but majority was in favour. This was a slap to the face of players because Kabam knew what players wanted and didn't gave it at all.
  • JMORG1111JMORG1111 Posts: 158
    The problem is if they keep dangling it out there that it MAY return sometime, people will continue to hoard items. This is especially true for those that didn't get a 6* gem because they *gasp* used items in the game instead of hoarding. It would be in everyone's interest to know it for sure is not coming back; not "I haven't heard, but it may someday".
    JMORG1111 said:

The problem is if they keep dangling it out there that it MAY return sometime, people will continue to hoard items. This is especially true for those that didn't get a 6* gem because they *gasp* used items in the game instead of hoarding. It would be in everyone's interest to know it for sure is not coming back; not "I haven't heard, but it may someday".

Yes , it would be so bad if it returns and people haven't hoarded anything . Say it will never return and be done with it.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    It would be great if the event came back, but in cyber weekend they gave out 3 awakeaning gems for units so I dont think I will miss it so badly.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

JMORG1111 said:

Yes , it would be so bad if it returns and people haven't hoarded anything . Say it will never return and be done with it.
    Saying that 3 times isn't enough? Or do you want to hold kabam hostage? THIS is why we can't have nice things. They do something really good and then people wail when it doesn't return. And when things that do return everytime are there it's taken for granted and kabam is blamed anyways
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    There’s no reason to NOT bring it back. 6-stars are more prevalent than ever. Awakening gems have been offered in other content and effectively sold for money ($15 for a generic at spring cleaning, plus July 4 and cyber deals). You can buy them every 6 weeks with loyalty.

The gem is objectively less meaningful than it was a year ago. It would’ve been a nice bone to throw us with gifting nixed in late summer and gold-for-crystals offers not returning.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Aman111 said:

Do you need to experience the awesome thing at least 2 times to know it's awesome?
    I mean that's usually the rule on Prom Night
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

I was hoping 1 % for that trade in event to happen but it's confirmed it won't come now. Loved that event . Kinda upset about it but it is what it is.

Jax went on record back in August that they were no discussions or Rumblings about bringing back the trade event and don't quote him if you heard otherwise because just as quickly as they could bring it back, they could cancel it and vice versa. So for now, do whatever you got to do and if they do end up bringing it back, you can be angry about whatever choices you decided to make in the interim.
  • FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 312 ★★
    Yeah Jax said “we have no plans to bring this back, but we haven’t made a set-in-stone ironclad ‘never do sig stone trade-ins ever’ rule” so while it isn’t impossible it could come back, you shouldn’t assume it will happen on any given schedule.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Aman111 said:

I mean that's usually the rule on Prom Night
    I knew before the awesome thing was done that I was gonna need a constant supply of the awesome

Rohit_316 said:

Jax went on record back in August that they were no discussions or Rumblings about bringing back the trade event and don't quote him if you heard otherwise because just as quickly as they could bring it back, they could cancel it and vice versa. So for now, do whatever you got to do and if they do end up bringing it back, you can be angry about whatever choices you decided to make in the interim.
    My major awakening options are CGR , Scorpion , s99 , overseer , Apoc and Domino ...i have cosmic and mutant AG and 4 generics
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Rohit_316 said:

My major awakening options are CGR , Scorpion , s99 , overseer , Apoc and Domino ...i have cosmic and mutant AG and 4 generics
    You have 4 Generics, and you want a trade-in?
  • Bossmode12Bossmode12 Posts: 105
    The RNG of this game is making me say goodbye. Well that and the lack of inputs. I have profx 6* at sig 200 before the current featured. I’ve pulled him 7 times now. I have also pulled 7 consecutive 6* skill awakening gems. I’m done. I literally hate it. 50+ 6* features and iI can’t pull any features.