**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Where are the AQ Rewards?? [updated: 12-07, 2:30pm PT]

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately the team has hit a snag in the process of getting these rewards out and the timeline has been updated to target Wednesday this week. Apologies from the game team and the community team alike.

There are a lot of theories in this thread about what's taking so long and why it should be "so simple" so I wanted to shed some light onto the situation.

It is not as simple as copy+paste as some have suggested. One team has to run data queries to gather all of the placements of players from the previous season to set a "map" of who is getting what ranking of rewards. I don't know the exact intricacies of this process, but it does involve a lot more manual work than you would expect.

After we have this map, the new rewards need to be attached to it, another manual process with margin for error. Time is taken to make sure there are not errors in the process, which unfortunately lengthens the wait. To the best of my knowledge, the snag in the timeline this time around has come in updating the rewards from the previous season to Season 10's reward scale, yet another manual process impacting thousands of players.

After all of this is finished, there's yet another process of setting the rewards live in the game and distributing them to all accounts.

If you've seen our previous post discussing the tools used to manage banning modders, this might seem familiar. It is many more steps than meets the eye and our systems do not automate the process. It is something that is being worked on and we're hoping to grow better equipped as time goes on.

You guys move slower then the federal government….and that says something

So what’s your plan now for people who are sitting on max glory?. Cause you are now dumping 2 weeks worth of glory on us at once
    I need someone to explain to me how you arrive in this predicament. You should’ve bought your stash down last week. You should do it again now. Let this cycle and the comp sit in overflow until the next cycle resets the store.

How is this hard?
    My genuine question is why do you have to keep Your Glory at max amount? Are you expecting a secret release of an exclusive seven-star Weapon X for 16,000 Glory?
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    So why r we only getting half of our sa rewards?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022

TyEdge said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately the team has hit a snag in the process of getting these rewards out and the timeline has been updated to target Wednesday this week. Apologies from the game team and the community team alike.

There are a lot of theories in this thread about what's taking so long and why it should be "so simple" so I wanted to shed some light onto the situation.

It is not as simple as copy+paste as some have suggested. One team has to run data queries to gather all of the placements of players from the previous season to set a "map" of who is getting what ranking of rewards. I don't know the exact intricacies of this process, but it does involve a lot more manual work than you would expect.

After we have this map, the new rewards need to be attached to it, another manual process with margin for error. Time is taken to make sure there are not errors in the process, which unfortunately lengthens the wait. To the best of my knowledge, the snag in the timeline this time around has come in updating the rewards from the previous season to Season 10's reward scale, yet another manual process impacting thousands of players.

After all of this is finished, there's yet another process of setting the rewards live in the game and distributing them to all accounts.

If you've seen our previous post discussing the tools used to manage banning modders, this might seem familiar. It is many more steps than meets the eye and our systems do not automate the process. It is something that is being worked on and we're hoping to grow better equipped as time goes on.

So what’s your plan now for people who are sitting on max glory?. Cause you are now dumping 2 weeks worth of glory on us at once
    I need someone to explain to me how you arrive in this predicament. You should’ve bought your stash down last week. You should do it again now. Let this cycle and the comp sit in overflow until the next cycle resets the store.

How is this hard?
    My genuine question is why do you have to keep Your Glory at max amount? Are you expecting a secret release of an exclusive seven-star Weapon X for 16,000 Glory?
    That's my whole thing. If you're at max glory, why are AQ rewards so vital since they're not spending it to begin with. If someone can't find anything to buy in the glory store, they probably don't need the other stuff that much anyway but somehow can't function without the rewards.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

How is this hard?
    I’ve kept mine near max for longer than I’d care to admit because the marginal return on investment drops with each purchase. T5b was starting at 300 in the old store for 15%, but if I decide to buy a 7th, it costs 600. You were also limited in what you could buy - only two t5cc buys, no r4 mats, and relics didn’t exist.

My goal with the new store is to slowly spend down. I get about 4600 glory per cycle. I’m hoping to spend 5000-5500 depending on needs.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    I'm at max glory for a while, but thats because I've only been byuing what I needed, and then spended a couple here and there just to claim the next bunch on glory, since it got capped.

Guess I'll just have to buy a few extra this time around, but oh well
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Chikel said:

Y'all should calm down. Rewards will come tomorrow

They had almost a week and a half to figure it out but couldn't? Come on man, it's not even a coding nightmare they're just lazy.
    Can you explain how it's not a coding nightmare? Can you explain exactly how Kabam could have done it earlier? I can only assume you have insider knowledge in their processes to be able to make a bold statement like you just did.
    What do you mean how it's not a coding nightmare all they have to do is look back at the rewards they sent last AQ and send them again it isn't rocket science lmao I don't have insider knowledge but I have something called a brain which gives me the ability to think logically, you don't?
    So if it's that simple, why would it take this long? I'm well aware you don't have insider knowledge as that was a rhetorical question. It's never as simple as you think it is.
    Because they're lazy, that's why. I praise the devs when they deserve to be praised but almost two weeks just to send out a bunch of rewards when they've literally done other stuff that actually can be a coding nightmare such as changing matchmaking in Battlegrounds in less than a week?
    i think if they could've clicked a few buttons and sent out rewards, they would've done it already. don't assume that someone is lazy just because it's not getting done. if you have no idea what they have to do to send out the rewards, don't say that they can just click a few buttons and do it
    They can click buttons to change matchmaking in less than a week but they can't do it to send out a bunch of rewards a week and a half after? Oh you poor sweet summer child.
  • “Updating rewards to Season 10’s increased reward scale”

While I’m sure everyone would like to receive the higher rewards, the series really wasn’t played at all (yes, some got in a partial 1st day, but very little).

If it means the difference between further delays, causing some people issues regarding switching alliances, and potentially other errors introduced by doing this extra work…

Well, I would actually vote in favor of just giving the previous Series rewards “AS-WAS”. And in fact, that would be what you had promised people (same rewards as they got the previous series).
    It's not like we had already been getting those increased rewards at that time.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

If you are at max glory even without rewards from last AQ, how would it be any different if they had come out on time?

“Updating rewards to Season 10’s increased reward scale”

While I’m sure everyone would like to receive the higher rewards, the series really wasn’t played at all (yes, some got in a partial 1st day, but very little).

If it means the difference between further delays, causing some people issues regarding switching alliances, and potentially other errors introduced by doing this extra work…

Well, I would actually vote in favor of just giving the previous Series rewards “AS-WAS”. And in fact, that would be what you had promised people (same rewards as they got the previous series).

The map crystals don't exist anymore. That's what would have been in the last cycle.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

At this point it seems like the best solution would be just to give double rewards for the current AQ cycle.

We were 45th the last time AQ rewards came out. According to the current plan we should get 45th for the missing rewards. There has been a lot of prestige changes with relics so I have no idea where we will place this AQ. I'll take 45th rather than double the current lol.
  • NickSDC said:

Can you explain how it's not a coding nightmare?

Agreed 100%. But last December, MCOC made 21 million. Netmarble, that owns Kabam, is worth billions. Now, I'm trying to be constructive here. And with prudent rationale in tow, one may suspect, with that type of revenue, this would have been sorted sooner than later.
    Microsoft makes more money in a month than Netmarble makes in a year. And it only took them, what, fourteen years to fix Windows Update on Windows XP. Oh wait, they never fixed it.

Google search "Windows XP update exponential scaling." This one problem was probably the source of more than half of all "why is my computer so slow" or "why is my CPU pegged at 100%" problems reported throughout the entire decade of the 2000s.

One. Problem.

Not that Kabam should be let off the hook when they fail to meet reasonable expectations, but if I started listing all the problems I've seen in my career that companies took forever to solve or simply never solved in descending order of WTF, I wouldn't reach any of Kabam's problems before the heat death of the universe.
  • ….? UPDATE

….? UPDATE

Scroll back a page or up in the comments.
  • WillsilverWillsilver Posts: 63
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Thank you for the update, such as it is. We know that the game team is working on it and hope that this lengthy process is taken into consideration when you send out compensation beyond the rewards you are working to send out.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

The map crystals don't exist anymore. That's what would have been in the last cycle.
    The crystals still exist, they said they aren't removing them completely until they force open our existing ones which doesn't have a timeline yet. I still have 7,160 AQ crystals from various map levels and map crystal iterations in my crystal inventory (they will be a nightmare to open and use the resources in so I need to start working through it now I know).
    Crine60 said:

The crystals still exist, they said they aren't removing them completely until they force open our existing ones which doesn't have a timeline yet. I still have 7,160 AQ crystals from various map levels and map crystal iterations in my crystal inventory (they will be a nightmare to open and use the resources in so I need to start working through it now I know).
    They don't exist as rewards anymore. I know they exist in inventories. Since they aren't part of rewards now, Kabam has to figure out how to make current rewards equal to the cycle we missed.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

So you’re giving out extra rewards too?

Dr. Zola
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 261 ★★
    So we're going to basically get two weeks of rewards for AQ on the same day or close to it, since the new AQ will be wrapping up Wednesday afternoon as well.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

That's a fairly detailed explanation. Frustrations aside, I think that's a bit uncalled for.
  • HuenasHuenas Posts: 33
    Ok ok….now do the “we will ban mod/bot Accts at least weekly” again!

Love the greatest hits of lies playlist. It never gets old
    Huenas said:

Ok ok….now do the “we will ban mod/bot Accts at least weekly” again!

Love the greatest hits of lies playlist. It never gets old

You know that a week has 7 Days in it and your referencing a post from 3 days ago. Think that math might be a little incomplete at the moment.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★
    Will this delay the current AQ rewards when this cycle ends on a few days?
    Chovner said:

Will this delay the current AQ rewards when this cycle ends on a few days?

No, if everything goes according to plan, it's going to double up the rewards on day 5
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    It's safe to say that Kabam has lost control of some last events and we will never get AQ SA rewards which they promised to provide.

And after sometime Kabam will close all threads related to this topic to bury it down forever.

I give this prediction with confidence after all kind of treatment I received from this company throughout the years.