**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Block Failing or Dropping

Myself and a few alliance members have been having issues with block. Twice in a row fighting av mini boss in map 3 my block dropped right in the middle of av doing his s1. First time it was with Spark. I was holding block but Spark evaded and then got hit by final shot of the special and bled to death. So I thought it was just an evade issue. But then I used bw to finish the fight and she koed the same way. I was holding block securely and successfully blocking the first animation of av’s s1 when suddenly the block dropped and I was hit by the projectile sequence of the animation. The next av mini my alliance members began commenting that their blocks were failing too.
We usually do Map 5 all week with our bks easily soloing the minis and often dormamum.
I’m keen to hear if other players are having blocking issues.
What game mode? What opponent? What champ where you using? Did your block fail entirely or did it drop suddenly? It might be most helpful if people report the most obvious cases, ie not moments when parry failed or might have been mis-timed. (There appears to be a separate thread for parry issues. I want to collect info just about the block issues.)

Comments

• AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/17259/characters-just-standing-not-responding-under-investigation/p1

Been fighting for this HUGE problem to be addressed since AUGUST 19TH!!!!!!!! IT'S ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!
  • @Affliction yeah, I’m familiar with that issue you described too. Huge issue!
    Since it’s block dropping or failing while fighting mechanics are working I wonder if it’s a new bug. For all I know, perhaps it’s a bug introduced when they tried to fix the original bug. Lol! *Sigh! *Cry!
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    I am wondering if kabam has changed the way unblockable specials work. Just facing a joe fix it unblockable specials evade first part of s1 and go to block the bullets got hit every time
  • This was not an unblockable special.
    Probably a dropped block brotha. Like this... https://youtu.be/OzaHX2lur78
    Absolutely sick of it...
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Don't know if this is to do with it

But.. I faced gambit in AW and was holding block as he did his L1 and got stunned whilst blocking

It wasn't a Unblockable node
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    That's been happening to me a ton tonight. Mid special I go from blocking to taking damage. Cost me some revives in Labs. Good to see I'm not alone in this.
  • Flash_AsherFlash_Asher Posts: 80
    This has been a serious issue since the Ant-Man update back in the day! It hasn't gotten any better either. Same core problems with the core mechanics of the game. That's what blows me away! These are the core functions of your game. Dash, block, and attack. There wasn't ever any issue with the functionality of the controls pre-Ant-Man. So what happened?