**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gladiator Circuit Matchmaking Question

DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
This is for battlegrounds. On the victory track I’m sure matchmaking looked for opponents with similar rosters. I’ve been in the gladiator circuit a couple of weeks now, and matchmaking seems to do exactly the same. I find it hard to believe that 95% of players in the gladiator circuit are on 3mil+ rating accounts.

Does matchmaking not look for people at a similar rank in the gladiator circuit? It seems not to, which is totally stupid for an event with a leaderboard and ranking. Once you get to gladiator circuit, you should be matched based on your BG rating.

Or are there just no accounts below 2.5 million rating in BGs? Maybe I’m just weak!

Comments

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    It’s not just a matter of similar sized accounts existing, it also depends on if any of those accounts are online looking for matches at the same time you are. Also, you’re fighting to rank amongst every other account for circuit rewards, so you should be eligible to fight every other account. I know most smaller accounts fully expect not to make celestial, but if you’re in Gamma III and there are bigger accounts in Gamma III, then you’re going to have to face those accounts and that’s the way it should be. Everyone hits their ceiling eventually and not everyone’s ceiling is the top of the leaderboards.
    You’re also making 2 different arguments here. One for account rating and the other for BG rating. The game is going to grab the closest currently searching account to your BG rating, so you might face a huge account, which you’re also complaining about. It should be by BG rating first, but you’re complaining about accounts that are too big. But if it’s only by account size, then it probably wouldn’t take BG rating into account, which you’re saying it should. What do you want?
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    I must have communicated poorly. What I find surprising is that I’m not seeing smaller accounts, because I should be matched just on rating in the GC. It seems unlikely to me that there’s so few accounts below a 3 million rating even at the lowest levels of the GC, but perhaps that’s true.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    DannyB01 said:

I must have communicated poorly. What I find surprising is that I’m not seeing smaller accounts, because I should be matched just on rating in the GC. It seems unlikely to me that there’s so few accounts below a 3 million rating even at the lowest levels of the GC, but perhaps that’s true.

Oddly enough I also don’t see smaller accounts too often. My account is 3.3m and 15.3k prestige, so there’s plenty of room under me, but for the most part I still get paired against max prestige pay-to-play accounts and only see a lower account maybe once every 10 fights. In the circuit it really comes down to luck of the draw when you and someone else search for a match.
  • DannyB01 said:

A lot of bigger accounts didn't do week 2 of the meta. Of the few matches I've done this week I've faced only 1 guy with an account as large as mine and he straight up forfeited in the ban screen. Everyone else I've faced has been TB and cav players. Perhaps you're just getting really unlucky with your match timing.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Very interesting, perhaps it just is bad luck then. Thanks!
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    DannyB01 said:

This is for battlegrounds. On the victory track I’m sure matchmaking looked for opponents with similar rosters. I’ve been in the gladiator circuit a couple of weeks now, and matchmaking seems to do exactly the same. I find it hard to believe that 95% of players in the gladiator circuit are on 3mil+ rating accounts.

Does matchmaking not look for people at a similar rank in the gladiator circuit? It seems not to, which is totally stupid for an event with a leaderboard and ranking. Once you get to gladiator circuit, you should be matched based on your BG rating.

Or are there just no accounts below 2.5 million rating in BGs? Maybe I’m just weak!

Just going to put some numbers out there for you. If you are in Uru 2, which is only 1 tier from the bottom, you should be facing someone in the top 8500 Summoners in the world. If I refer to the Global TBH Leaderboard, the TBH of the player ranked 8500 is about 3.3M. So the "average" player participating in Uru 2 or higher in the Gladiators Circuit has an account that big, or, they have a smaller account but are still able to consistently beat accounts of that size.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    DannyB01 said:

The good news is that if you are making it to GC each month, your account will soon enough grow in rating.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I think it may be time to add more tiers to GC. The enormous size of the Uru 3 bracket indicates that Kabam probably didn't think that a significantly larger number than 8500 summoners would participate in the Gladiator's Circuit each month. Don't know the exact number of people who are in GC this month but it's clearly many 1,000's more than that with time to spare.