**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold? Where’s the gold?

Dob1616Dob1616 Posts: 166
edited December 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
I’ve got more resources than I’ve got gold to use on those rank up resources. By the time I get enough gold built up to use said rank up resources I will have lost more than 1/2 of my rank material. This is also with me buying the gold crystals from the glory store as often as they’re available. Please help with the lack of gold being earned in this game. Thanks
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    ISO and Gold have been an issue forever and now with relics gold is even worse we don’t have enough access to these resources but the amount needed to rank champs and now relics keeps growing.

Not to mention we are having to rank more champs than normal to compete in BG.
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    I always so generic iso and always upgrade champs with class ISO only
  • Congrats @Amazing_Demon05 ! R4 = someday maybe I’ll get there, too :-)
  • There’s also a nice little bit of gold in the Halls of Fortune side quest but it requires a decent chunk of energy…
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
    You need to buy them in deals now :|
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I have 90 million gold for the first time ever. You're doing it wrong.
  • Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    gold is easy to grind just do the dethroned solo objective and you'll get past 2m easily
  • SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 860 ★★★
    The answer is arena (unfortunately). I have dipped below 40m for the first time in months after cyber weekend. I think I will be running out of iso or catalyst in a month if I don’t start grinding again.
    Also try to hit as many solo event milestones as possible. Those uncollected gold crystals adds up nicely as well. Still got 300 unopened atm.
    I think halls of glory today have gold but since I value energy more than gold, I will not be doing that today.
    SammyDe said:

The answer is arena (unfortunately). I have dipped below 40m for the first time in months after cyber weekend. I think I will be running out of iso or catalyst in a month if I don’t start grinding again.
    Also try to hit as many solo event milestones as possible. Those uncollected gold crystals adds up nicely as well. Still got 300 unopened atm.
    I think halls of glory today have gold but since I value energy more than gold, I will not be doing that today.

If you have to grind arena to have gold, how do I have 90 million gold?
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★

SammyDe said:

Because you apparently don’t do rank ups.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

SammyDe said:

You don't rank?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

SammyDe said:

You don't rank?
    I’ve not grinded arena in… months. Over 7 now I think. I level up and rank up champs every single level up event. The special arena is the first “grind” I’ve done. I always hover at between 37-42 million depending on how many rank ups I do.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Fortunately i have never had gold issues even when i have been in a platinum 2 ally for almost a year now . Haven't grinded arena in last 10 months as well . Don't buy deals at all ( only unit deals i buy ) . I don't max out 2 star , 3 stars , 4 stars just so i want a big account . For me i prioritize rankups and that has helped me a lot.

Problem with most people is unnecessary rankups ...reduce your rankups and do when you really need to. I have a big account now since i have been playing since last 3 years now but hardly ever had issues with gold and iso .
  • Dob1616Dob1616 Posts: 166
    I do grind arena milestones in all of the arenas every time they’re available. Yes even the 4* arena. I also do as many quests that I can and achieve many solo objective milestones as possible for me but I still never have enough gold. The only answer to people having an over abundance of gold is that they choose to not rank anyone up waiting for one specific champ that they want, which takes sometimes years to get said champ, so they end up having to sell expiring iso and rank up resources which is not how to play the game.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Dob1616 said:

I do grind arena milestones in all of the arenas every time they’re available. Yes even the 4* arena. I also do as many quests that I can and achieve many solo objective milestones as possible for me but I still never have enough gold. The only answer to people having an over abundance of gold is that they choose to not rank anyone up waiting for one specific champ that they want, which takes sometimes years to get said champ, so they end up having to sell expiring iso and rank up resources which is not how to play the game.

Have to disagree with that. I rank up whoever I want every level up. The only ISO I sell is anything below Tier 5 because they’re useless for ranking up 5 and 6*. I almost exclusively rank up 6* every level up event. I only sell Catalysts that aren’t useful for 5 and 6* champs.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

SammyDe said:

What do you do? What EQ levels do you do? What other game modes and AQ maps you participate in?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

Ikr, Kabam needs to give players more ways to acquire resources like gold or units without spending money. They should add a special Gold quest like the Goldpool quest in the Daily Quests section, like the way they added ISO fields. That would be so much more helpful. I have been getting this problem ever since I became Conqueror, and this seems like a feasible fix

They could call those Arena and incursions.
    Dob1616 said:

Actually it's more like the manage their rank ups so they don't run out of any one resource. This game has never been one that you can rank freely and never worry about running out of something.
    edited December 2022

SammyDe said:

You don't rank?
    I rank every level up event. Took Titania to R3 last level up event. We are getting so much gold right now. If you are having gold issues you either don't understand resource management or you have no self control lol.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★
    Not entirely accurate. The true stem of the problem is the rewards they dish out. I don't know where this shift came from but I got so many t2a and t5b in overflow I can't keep up. Hard work and smarter ranking makes it so I can keep it so nothing expires but gaining gold from 0 is harder with the rewards they pay out.

Last lvl up I r3 hulkling that took me to exactly 27 gold. I grinded game to get back into a couple million but eop ends soon another r4 and I'll be broke again.

Can't wait for gold to build or t2a and t5b, that is so valuable you can't sell but no problem it disappearing into nothing in this game, just disappears. All the while you grind cav eq and whatever difficulty you care to do for gold gives more of that stuff to disappear.

Kabam has increased it and I can manage it so nothing gets wasted but can never build up just a constant Flux of even. I'm ok with that but would be nice to have breathing room.

Only way for me to keep up is arena but already explore 3 difficulties of eq, all difficulties of sq, aw, aq, incursions, and bg guess I gotta find more time for arena. Done all content bar 3 runs left for aol explore so no big payout really lurking. 8.2 will have gold but will also add to the t5b and t2a drama so it's a push.
    I have t2a and t5b in stash right now because of recent rewards, but prior to that I was running low on both from time to time. I have plenty of t4cc at the moment, but with the removal of AQ crystals I wonder if t4cc will become a bottleneck eventually as a lot of my t4cc were coming from those crystals. Time will tell.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★

I have t2a and t5b in stash right now because of recent rewards, but prior to that I was running low on both from time to time. I have plenty of t4cc at the moment, but with the removal of AQ crystals I wonder if t4cc will become a bottleneck eventually as a lot of my t4cc were coming from those crystals. Time will tell.

T4cc are heavily incorporated in 22 hour event milestone. I don't think anyone will run out with decent management.

T4cc are heavily incorporated in 22 hour event milestone. I don't think anyone will run out with decent management.
    They have in the past. In fact, every resource has been a bottleneck for the community at one point.