**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

BG Node Choices

Just out of curiosity, the person who comes up with the nodes for BG, do they actually play this game?

This week's node combination is almost impossible to get around unless you have perfect luck and an AI that actually works (which is rare as every update the AI is getting worse and worse).

Last week also depended on the right AI as I got sick of spending 10 seconds trying to bait a dash while they walk up to me.

The week before was just as bad, I could work around not debuffing them but the ammount of matches I lost because of dropped inputs thinking my dex was a parry was a joke.

So seriously, does anybody who works for Kabam actually play this game? Really doesn't seem like it.

Comments

• IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★
    Well, I thought I couldn't hate anything higher than the intercept node, but this week's combo is significantly worse….I was in the GC during week 2, and have hardly played apart from solo objectives for participation since that.

If I'm really lucky, one of the nodes of the last 2 weeks will be the main nodes before the GC in season 4, then I won't have to play at all 👍🏻👻
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    They aren't 'fun' to deal with, but everyone is dealing with the same thing. Whether Protection means the defender isn't KO'd while Root means the defender is slightly less KO'd, it all shakes out to the same graded curve. And since everyone is GC is fighting for increasing their rankings, then it still is fair ultimately.

Everyone should be dealing with the same input/AI issues as you. You might be unlucky in this matchup, but your opponent might be unlucky in your next matchup. So ultimately, it is a wash and in the long run, those who are better should rank higher than those who just happen to be lucky.

Imagine if the reverse was true - Week 4 had super easy nodes (let's say it is just Biohazard and Powershield).
    (A) Matches feel more fun so more players do BG this week
    (B) Players feel more compelled to play since they expect easy wins so more players do BG this week.

Although with a larger pool of players means Top 10% includes more players, it still also makes it harder since one would need more wins ultimately to stick out.

Ultimately, your ranking would theoretically be the same as with the hard nodes, since more players means it is harder to move up significantly.

• AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    Cannot give any constructive criticism without "it happens for everyone and the game mode is for the best of the best so its fair".

Imagine act 9 has aspect of nightmares and healblock on every node. Well, I suppose since everyone is dealing with it and its for the best of the best, it's good.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,077 ★★★★

Cannot give any constructive criticism without "it happens for everyone and the game mode is for the best of the best so its fair".

Imagine act 9 has aspect of nightmares and healblock on every node. Well, I suppose since everyone is dealing with it and its for the best of the best, it's good.

The difference being that story content is for everyone and aside from the occasional difficult lane, it isn't really that hard. Whereas BGs is a game mode where everyone is competing to be at the top spot.
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 530 ★★★
    Personally every 4th week level terminals it's every time the worst unfortunately I stop I'm at 73 points too hard your Kabam terminals not all but this one is hardcore I can't do it...
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 530 ★★★
    Rooting ok but once they have avoided it there are more or no power gain when they have blocked.. I hope that next season the terminals of the last week will be more affordable otherwise I will get on the gladiator circuit last week
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    JOC_3096 said:

I personally just feel like these nodes should be something that takes game knowledge to work around.

This week's block node basically makes champs like Punisher2099 a great champ, last week made Ibomb, Kingpin great champs because of how they work with the node but the added Root node ruins it.

That's my issue, I feel like I'm good at the game, I'm sat in Quantum as it stands so can't be doing terribly.... But the nodes need to have a counter to them and not one that is AI dependant.

Punisher 2099 is fantastic in battlegrounds in general. Have you ever used him? He is the fastest Bishop and Apoc killer except for Nimrod (Apoc).

This node makes him a pain on defense. I’ve drafted him 5 times with the current node set. 5 times on attack. 5-0
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Problem with root is, not only is not working as intended/described initially, it literally breaks fundamental aspects of gameplay mechanics. Not to mention, bugs that come out of it.

Kabam is aware of it. Despite all feedback provided when they first launched it, they still went ahead with the decision of launching this horrible mechanic, on top of not doing anything in order to fix it
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 619 ★★★
    I think this week's node would be better if the root timer would reset when you hit the opponent with a special.
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 988 ★★★★
    I don’t have any problem with the node combos that kabam chooses but I’m totally with you on the AI being passive. Also these metas are better than nuke metas as some strategy and skill go into winning.
  • LeanbisonLeanbison Posts: 118 ★★
    It’s supposed to be heads up matches, my roster and skill vs my opponents. This node combo is constant interference from the referee. Not fun. The way it stands now it is a contest of who can dex better while locked in place. Um I am not interested in that contest.
  • Combined with passive AI this node can be very frustrating. Personally metas like rich get richer were perfect IMO. Lots of good counters and good defenders.
  • Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
    Rich get Richer turns into All or Nothing node.

It's unpredictable too. I don't have time to count unique nodes from one moment to the next. One second I'm power boosting the next they are, they fire off their SP3 and now I'm screwed.

I get that we all deal with the same node...but at least I know what to expect from one fight to the next.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    It needs to be hard to separate players.
  • NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    edited December 2022
    Root node takes timing, skill and strategy to go around. Like many other nodes, you need to look at the timer and plan ahead. Root timer is at half? Start planning your offense. Defender has no power? Look for an opening, slow your combo down and throw your special. You messed up and timer is about to go off? Make sure you have power to throw your special. You dont have enough power? Back down and turtle up, be ready to dex, parry or light intercept. The AI goes super agressive when you're rooted, practice your light intercepts.

All this is way easier said than done, I know, but like i mentioned before, GC is supposed to be hard, the difficulty in nodes separates the pros from the not so pros, the amazingly skilled versus the very good.

Go watch some of the YouTubers, there's a clear gap between the ones at the top and others we always thought of as amazing. I'm not throwing shade at anyone, but go watch KT, Lags and Beroman, those 3 guys stand out from the rest. Lags is the one that has been amazing to watch. We all knew he was a great player, but watch his game sense while drafting, the counters he picks and the way he plays and you will realize he's miles ahead of the rest of us. And there are many other players at the top that dont stream their matches.

Pro athletes, the ones that are generational talents, the Lebrons, the Bradys, the Currys are light years away from the rest of the pack. BGs should be no different.

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

I like when games are difficult, they test me and they challenge me. I'm a very competitive person and tackling the harder nodes pushes my limits and it makes me a better player.

Strive to be better people, don't resort to whining when things get rough. Life is rough and yet we endure, we push and we triumph.

Be better.
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    Between the nodes, ai behavior, matchmaking and input issues, I have to say I’m losing interest in bgs.
    Everything is too buggy, oh wait, let me git gud, beat you too it.
    So yeah, fix your game already and stop adding more complicated code like relics to break things further.
  • GarloGarlo Posts: 189 ★★
    A few people are having a great performance with these nodes. So, this revels one thing to us:

A lot of people are not as skilled that they think.

• K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Not going to specifically comment on whether I enjoy this weeks Meta or not but for the people saying "there's no counter to these nodes" are just not thinking hard enough. Kinetic Transference can be countered via Wither and other forms of power control or with champs who can cause Miss. Encroaching Root can be countered by throwing specials so using champs with Passive Power Gain, Mystic Dispersion, or other ways to generate power without specifically relying on combat power rate do a better job. Longer special animations can also be helpful for avoiding a Root. My opinion is that having harder node combinations allows a greater opportunity for skill to be the most important factor which is best case scenario for the game mode. If the nodes are too easy then the people with the biggest rosters will always win.
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★

Just use the champion and gorr, immune to heal block lol
  • Timmy2xsTimmy2xs Posts: 159
    NearJr said:

If there's a nuke meta, we complain.
    If there's a power gain meta, we complain.
    If there's a [insert node] meta, we complain.

It just seems we, as a community, will never be OK with anything that doesn't involve easy rewards.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we're an entitled community and we really don't want to earn rewards, we just demand them and expect them in our mailbox.

BGs are supposed to be hard, they're supposed to define who is the very best (sans modders of course). That's the whole purpose of having a leader board, to place those with the best skills, the best rosters and the best game knowledge right at the top. If it was easy, everyone would be at the top, and if everyone is at the top, the "top" doesn't really exist.

I would love to see Tiger Woods complaining that a par 3 course is too hard, or Tom Brady complaining that defensive line men hit too hard.

Again, this is not a "git gud" post.

Wrong. On all accounts. This is a GAME! First and foremost, it should be FUN. We pay for FUN. We are not getting paid to play this game. Tiger and Tom get paid A LOT to play a game. It doesnt translate to this situation.

That said, Root has never been fun. Its been the worst mechanic in the game since they put it out. Then u throw KT on top of that? Its not challenging, fun, or hard...its just a terrible node combo.
  • NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    Jesus... I worry about people like you. Good luck in life, you're gonna need it.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    NearJr said:

Root node takes timing, skill and strategy to go around. Like many other nodes, you need to look at the timer and plan ahead. Root timer is at half? Start planning your offense. Defender has no power? Look for an opening, slow your combo down and throw your special. You messed up and timer is about to go off? Make sure you have power to throw your special. You dont have enough power? Back down and turtle up, be ready to dex, parry or light intercept. The AI goes super agressive when you're rooted, practice your light intercepts.

All this is way easier said than done, I know, but like i mentioned before, GC is supposed to be hard, the difficulty in nodes separates the pros from the not so pros, the amazingly skilled versus the very good.

Go watch some of the YouTubers, there's a clear gap between the ones at the top and others we always thought of as amazing. I'm not throwing shade at anyone, but go watch KT, Lags and Beroman, those 3 guys stand out from the rest. Lags is the one that has been amazing to watch. We all knew he was a great player, but watch his game sense while drafting, the counters he picks and the way he plays and you will realize he's miles ahead of the rest of us. And there are many other players at the top that dont stream their matches.

Pro athletes, the ones that are generational talents, the Lebrons, the Bradys, the Currys are light years away from the rest of the pack. BGs should be no different.

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

I like when games are difficult, they test me and they challenge me. I'm a very competitive person and tackling the harder nodes pushes my limits and it makes me a better player.

Strive to be better people, don't resort to whining when things get rough. Life is rough and yet we endure, we push and we triumph.

Be better.

TLDR “git good”
    For those who don’t like big texts 😂