**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Manipulative Matchmaking in the BGs again

BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★
I get multiple consecutive declines in the Battlegrounds again and other players too at the top... This means some people are abusing matchmaking again and matching only their mod accounts to get points this is especially true in the last days of the season...It goes without saying that the cheating and modding current detection system is ineffective to a great extent since there is a lot of mod account at the top...But I have another question do you check at all who these mod accounts match and give points? Do you punish "legit" accounts that get points from them purposefully? If you don't do that banning 100K accounts once a week would not change anything since they could have 1000 accounts like that.

Comments

• Adam121Adam121 Posts: 47
    Same, was declined about 7 times in a row! Its nuts! Why is there a decline button in the first place, if I remember they said they couldn’t remove the decline button without keeping us locked in the matchmaking screen, but they have done that anyway??? They might be working on it, but it would be nice to see if there’s any progress insights towards that goal.
  • Moha84Moha84 Posts: 100
    Stop making drama cos of you many got punished for no reason huh
  • Kasnow1Kasnow1 Posts: 59
    class="Quote" rel="BeroMan">I get multiple consecutive declines in the Battlegrounds again and other players too at the top... This means some people are abusing matchmaking again and matching only their mod accounts to get points this is especially true in the last days of the season...It goes without saying that the cheating and modding current detection system is ineffective to a great extent since there is a lot of mod account at the top...But I have another question do you check at all who these mod accounts match and give points? Do you punish "legit" accounts that get points from them purposefully? If you don't do that banning 100K accounts once a week would not change anything since they could have 1000 accounts like that.

Just remove the accept or decline option. if we start a fight we go no matter what. Sometimes the solutions are simple Kabam
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Kasnow1 said:

class="Quote" rel="BeroMan">I get multiple consecutive declines in the Battlegrounds again and other players too at the top... This means some people are abusing matchmaking again and matching only their mod accounts to get points this is especially true in the last days of the season...It goes without saying that the cheating and modding current detection system is ineffective to a great extent since there is a lot of mod account at the top...But I have another question do you check at all who these mod accounts match and give points? Do you punish "legit" accounts that get points from them purposefully? If you don't do that banning 100K accounts once a week would not change anything since they could have 1000 accounts like that.

Just remove the accept or decline option. if we start a fight we go no matter what. Sometimes the solutions are simple Kabam
    Kasnow1 said:

Can't remove that option cause you don't know how much time it takes to find a match.
    edited December 2022
    You don’t talk about the same thing. There is two times. First you look at opponent. No problem with. Second you have 10 seconds to accept or décline match. it's the one that cheaters take advantage of.
  • JerryJiverJerryJiver Posts: 104
    Taking decline away entirely would be a bit harsh, sometimes you have to step away or get distracted. You should get maybe 1-2 declines per day, after that decline is equivalent to a forfeit.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,203 ★★★★
    MavRCK_ said:

I’m impressed when an account with 10k prestige and an account full of 5* and 4* hit gladiator series. So much skill!!

Lol, im 10.9k prestige and I got to GC with almost all 6*, only R1 to R3 champs but still, accounts with 5* and 4* have way lower prestige, and yeah, you aint gonna ramp up to GC if you dont know how to use ur R3 and R4 or you dont know the drafts, so you are kinda wrongly minded fam
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Was in mysterium 3 last night, faced 4 modders (one of them twice) in a row. All of their fights were done in less than 5 seconds. Since losing 60+ points in rating I’m barely in gamma 2. I was in GC 5 days into the season and so many modders/manipulators ruined the season.

For every modder I’ve reported manually to kabam I feel I should be rewarded with 20+ points in GC rating.

Completely out of hand with these actions and bgs should be put on hold for another season till kabam can rightfully clean this up.

Edit: also think kabam should be past this, if a champion does a one hit for 2m+ damage it should be instant ban on the account. Enough tip toeing around.
    BeroMan said:

This was the worst season in terms of cheating and modding and the previous 2 seasons also were terrible. the situation is getting worse, not better.

modders and cheaters are numerous on this forum. they try to influence kabam by inventing pretexts each time a solution is proposed. According to them, the game mode should be left as it is. And if we question game they will say that we are harmful.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    The accept/decline should be removed, when hit find match you have the option to cancel the matchmaking. If its taking an age to find a match or something pops up then you just hit cancel ... its that simple. I feel Kabam are overengineering this mode .... probably a better word than overengineer but it'll do 😂
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

The accept/decline should be removed, when hit find match you have the option to cancel the matchmaking. If its taking an age to find a match or something pops up then you just hit cancel ... its that simple. I feel Kabam are overengineering this mode .... probably a better word than overengineer but it'll do 😂

Cancelling would be no different than declining. You should know full well that if you’re playing BG’s you’ll need to dedicate at most 15 minutes to a match. If something comes up, you’d have to take the L either by not playing or force closing the game. That’s the risk you take.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Mackey said:

Cancelling would be no different than declining. You should know full well that if you’re playing BG’s you’ll need to dedicate at most 15 minutes to a match. If something comes up, you’d have to take the L either by not playing or force closing the game. That’s the risk you take.
    Should not remove the accept/decline. This is a game and does not supersede life happening. Removing that option is a ridiculous way to handle the manipulation that is happening. No one should have to “risk” their life vs game because some people lack maturity. Kabam can manually deal with it if there is no other solution.