**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Are ghost/quake still in another tier or has that changed

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
Recently I noticed how little I use quake especially and ghost gets used barely.

Ghost is still valuable but other champs beat her in many scenarios and fights have become more specific in general.

What do you think, is there a new top champ/champs?

Comments

• Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    cause act 7 and 8 nodes are better for champs with armor ups like nimrod and os for example though ghost is still the best counter for bishop
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    I think in part it is because of Kabam’s attempts to create fights where they can’t be used. Especially last year they were all about True everything on nearly everything they made. But I think they’re also used less because of the champions that have come out of the game over the last couple years. Nobody really NEEDS Ghost or Quake because it is a bit easier nowadays to have a specific answer for a fight instead of needing to default to one of them because they can answer nearly any fight. There’s also the added incentive in Acts 7 and 8 to bring 6* because you get the attack bonus, so people may be quicker to leave Quake behind. They’re still great champs and I still personally use Ghost fairly often, but there’s so many fun and great champs out there that I think they’re just lost in an ocean with a lot of other big fish.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

Two of the most broken champs in the game.

They 100% were… are they still?
  • SpadeHunterSpadeHunter Posts: 23
    I mean Quake isn't being released as a 6* because she absolutely would trivialize every part of the game (though time might be an issue in BGs, I imagine an R4 6* Quake taking 0 damage would still slaughter).

Ghost is still the best 6 star released, easily covers more of the game than anyone
    I think that as the shift from act 6 to act 7 happened. Focus was lost on survivability and put more on damage output. When nodes are border line impossible they become the default. But when a matchup can be made that often is preferred.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

Two of the most broken champs in the game.

They 100% were… are they still?
    They haven’t suddenly not become broken…
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    quake is on another level cuz you really don't have to pay attention to any fight, they're all the same. so i don't think she'll be released as a 6*. ghost is a little harder to use, and there are more recent/meta scenarios where there is a faster and/or easier counter to the fight. ghost CAN do a lot of content, but doesn't mean you want to use her always.
    also the AI has been so passive these days, that playing ghost can be a real pain, since opponents rarely hit into your phase.
  • UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 393 ★★★

cause act 7 and 8 nodes are better for champs with armor ups like nimrod and os for example though ghost is still the best counter for bishop

Idoom actually is
  • UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 393 ★★★
    Quake is still on another level ghost not anymore
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 724 ★★★★
    I 100% both 8.1 and 8.2 betas. 8.1 was like 90% r4 Herc. But now I have a r4 Ghost, so 8.2 beta was like 60% Ghost, and most of the bosses. Herc was like 30%.
    So, to answer your question, yes, Ghost is still busted.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Quake is still powerful and in the highest tier of wars still banned.

When Grandmasters Gaunlet dropped 5* quake was still the answer despite how slow it took.

You really only see quake when you look at Time vs Item use. Whenever there are scenarios that could end up being very expensive unit wise, she pops right back to the top.

Ghost is on an equal playing field now a days and i do feel like she is a top tier champ, but with how the A.I acts now; you really have to be in flow.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    I hope once we see 7-star r2s and r3s that quake will be released as a 6*.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    Quake is still broken, but I don't think many people would use her. It's such a grind when I could just use my other champs that do a lot more damage at the cost of a few percentage points of health. She's broken but takes too long especially because she's not available as a six star.

I think If ghost was released in the coming year we would be very hyped, but I don't think she'd be as broken. I find myself using her less and less. Back when I had very few champs she carried me through act 6, especially on nodes like backblast. I think that with the way that the game is set up there are better champions to use.
    DawsMan said:

Quake is still broken, but I don't think many people would use her. It's such a grind when I could just use my other champs that do a lot more damage at the cost of a few percentage points of health. She's broken but takes too long especially because she's not available as a six star.

I think If ghost was released in the coming year we would be very hyped, but I don't think she'd be as broken. I find myself using her less and less. Back when I had very few champs she carried me through act 6, especially on nodes like backblast. I think that with the way that the game is set up there are better champions to use.

But is it worth taking 6 minutes a fight rather then 30 seconds? Quake isn’t an easy champion either.

I don’t she’s bad by any means but now it seems she is as niche as Ægon.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Quake and Ghost are awesome yes but now there are champs who do it more efficiently. Quake has fallen off the radar due to not being available as a 6 star. Ghost on the other hand has value even now.