**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Did anyone notice Kabam nerfing intercept slowly!

ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
After magic intercept become famous, I notice kabam intruducing auto block champ first medusa then thor ragnarok now modok. Though it's purely skill. But kabam must trying something. Just my thought.

Comments

• Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    They're slowly nerfing dexterity/evade too. It's almost back to the double dexterity bug of 13.0. Evade length is ridiculously shallow and they've done something to the evade mechanic where evading easy specials and even heavies are becoming a giant issue now for vets and top 100 allys.

Don't think we didn't notice Kabam.
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    It's definitely noticeable, hence this post from the other day. I just think it has to do with poor performance from this new update, like every other bug introduced with every other update.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/36806/game-mechanics-not-properly-functioning-more-info-needed#latest
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I think the issue is trying to identify which AI you’re facing for each fight. They vary massively and require different styles of play.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    I think the issue is trying to identify which AI you’re facing for each fight. They vary massively and require different styles of play.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Maybe you need different strategies for different champs

Ya, I know. Kabam is bringing diversity in every section.
    edited December 2017
    Palanthrax wrote: »

The issue isn't a lack of knowledge about characters, it's a change in combat mechanics that's causing us to be hit by fairly easy specials and heavies that we normally evade 99.9% of the time in our sleep. Kabam's doing something and it's good to know what.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I've noticed this too, as have other members of my alliance. However, it's not specific character abilities that I've noticed have been off - it's the intercepting mechanics themselves. There have been multiple times in the past month or longer where an enemy swipe strikes from long range, and despite my intercepting attack (both quick and swipe strikes) being done early enough, my champion still gets hit. Recently this seems to have gotten worse - I've noticed several instances where my champion's intercepting attack makes contact with my opponent, and I still get hit.

This is especially frustrating with recent story quest content. Act 5.3 enemy attack is consistently 7K+, so without intercepting even regeneration champs get KO by block damage after 1-2 fights. Game mechanics being altered are part of every game (i.e., Street Fighter 5), but either making changes to intercepting mechanics or being aware of intercepting mechanics being bugged and not addressing your gaming community is poor management.

Hopefully Kabam just overlooked this situation - anyone who has coding experience knows that making even a few changes to a large set of programming code has the potential to create unforeseen bugs that take significant time to both find and fix.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    They're slowly nerfing dexterity/evade too. It's almost back to the double dexterity bug of 13.0. Evade length is ridiculously shallow and they've done something to the evade mechanic where evading easy specials and even heavies are becoming a giant issue now for vets and top 100 allys.

Maybe they need more skill than money then.

Evading specials and heavies are still as easy as they have ever been.
    Mmx1991 wrote: »

Maybe they need more skill than money then.

Evading specials and heavies are still as easy as they have ever been.

I won't speak for other alliances but most members in a top tier highly skilled alliance don't start sucking at parrying and evading all at once after an update unless Kabam's pressing buttons behind the scenes.
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    Can anyone show me any "nerf" at all in the examples listed? Latest craze on these forums is to use Nerf in the subject, and not one of them is actually a nerf!
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    I also notice the very quick blocking of the AI.

But let's not forget: we're smarter, so we just need to keep calm, adapt and grow.

HTH
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Who cares about modok? It says that it cannot trigger parry.