**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Something seems wrong in the World of MCOC

Normally me and my alliance mates look forward to the xmas gift from Kabam. Something new and shiny to open. All good. And this year we (as Paragons) got a great gift.

However, 6s shards (and sig Stones) have become really easy to get. Especially with the introduction of BGs. So 90 pct of my alliance sit with 250k-600k 6s shards waiting for the next featured crystal, since we already got all the champs. Therefore we are all choosing a tech abyss Nexus and saving it until iDoom is added to the basic pool. A prestige boost. Like we are also saving the tech abyss Nexus from the Gifting event.

So no excitement and shiny opening this year during xmas, I guess… 🤷🏼‍♂️ (Drops from GBC have not gone our way, despite 💸💸💸💸)

Feels a bit odd (and unfair) to write this, since the gift was great this year, so something seems wrong in the World of MCOC, since we dont need a abyss Nexus at all…

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

The thing wrong is that battlegrounds has inflated the economy of the game to extreme heights which is why cyber weekend deals were so lucrative because they have to keep ahead of the economy.

It seems to me that kabam announced 7 stars and immediately started treating 6*s as the new 5* for paragons.

This applies to me. 6* shards are so easy to come by now I've opened tons of featured and have gotten every single featured champ for the first time and awakened them at least once
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,908 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

The thing wrong is that battlegrounds has inflated the economy of the game to extreme heights which is why cyber weekend deals were so lucrative because they have to keep ahead of the economy.

It seems to me that kabam announced 7 stars and immediately started treating 6*s as the new 5* for paragons.

This applies to me. 6* shards are so easy to come by now I've opened tons of featured and have gotten every single featured champ for the first time and awakened them at least once
    Bro send some of that luck my way I'm like 50 deep and haven't seen 1 quicksilver yet ;_;
  • Negativity_1Negativity_1 Posts: 61
    Atleast u got a nexus
    Uncollected here got a class awakening gem which sucked if you did not get what you wanted
    Like me :(
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152
    Yeah, the gift was nice, but I have not claimed it yet as I’m having a hard time selecting class. I don’t have every 6* in the game, but I feel like I have good selection in each class for any contents already and don’t have champs I really want/need.
  • Negativity_1Negativity_1 Posts: 61
    Wdym selecting reward?
    It was pure luck
    It was not a selector, it was a crystal
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152
    Paragon get to select Class of Abyss Nexus Crystal.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★

It was a gift, dude.

Yeesh.

You dont get it, but all good. Different people have capacity to understand a post on different levels.
    No, I understand childish entitlement when I see it just fine.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

It was a gift, dude.

Yeesh.

You dont get it, but all good. Different people have capacity to understand a post on different levels.
    No, I understand childish entitlement when I see it just fine.
    All the OP was saying was that although this is a great gift, where the economy of the game currently is, actually doesn’t really help his account and so lacks a bit of excitement. He wasn’t trashing the gift. He wasn’t asking Kabam for more. Just saying that his view for his, his Alliance and quite frankly probably most players in the top 30 - 50 Alliances.

He literally said that it’s a great gift, but he can still give his opinion and feedback which may only be shared for a small proportion of the player base. Doesn’t mean it’s not true, doesn’t mean there entitled.

Are people not allowed to post on the forums anymore without you personally attacking them.
    People are allowed to post but complaining about free gifts are never a good idea.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Then it's a good thing you can Chase 7 stars and now 7 stars will have 6 ranks instead of the standard 5 ranks we saw in 4 5 and 6 stars.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★

Normally me and my alliance mates look forward to the xmas gift from Kabam. Something new and shiny to open. All good. And this year we (as Paragons) got a great gift.

However, 6s shards (and sig Stones) have become really easy to get. Especially with the introduction of BGs. So 90 pct of my alliance sit with 250k-600k 6s shards waiting for the next featured crystal, since we already got all the champs. Therefore we are all choosing a tech abyss Nexus and saving it until iDoom is added to the basic pool. A prestige boost. Like we are also saving the tech abyss Nexus from the Gifting event.

So no excitement and shiny opening this year during xmas, I guess… 🤷🏼‍♂️ (Drops from GBC have not gone our way, despite 💸💸💸💸)

Feels a bit odd (and unfair) to write this, since the gift was great this year, so something seems wrong in the World of MCOC, since we dont need a abyss Nexus at all…

Not quite sure if youre complaining that you're part of the top 1%? First world problems much? 🤣
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    I’m curious what OP thinks would have made a better free gift.
  • __SF____SF__ Posts: 286 ★★
    I was thinking on saving a tech nexus but for how long tho. That doom will be available in 6 months on the basic pool lol
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 257 ★★
    __SF__ said:

I was thinking on saving a tech nexus but for how long tho. That doom will be available in 6 months on the basic pool lol

He is added January 31st
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★

Most of you have understood the point of my post correctly, but some have not.

I thought that writing “great gift” several tlmes and pointing out that it “Feels a bit odd (and unfair) to write this,” made it clear how I see this xmas gift from Kabam. But let me be clear (again): It is a great gift. Probably the best gift we have ever gotten (I have played since December 2014).

I used the gift as an example of what has happened to the game economy lately with the introduction of BGs rewards, which make most other parts of this game seem not worth the effort. Someone has written this point more clearly than I did (Thanks).

When I finished Abyss a long time ago and got Corvus, I was soooo happy. It was a struggle, but it felt great. Several people I know dont see the point in doing Abyss now, and I understand them.

I know that I represent a minority of the MCOC players, but I think a debate forum is better if different perspectives are shared…

You contradict your own words though. You can't say it's a great gift in one sentence and then proclaim it's devalued due to whatever in the next. Either it's great or it's not. Either it's worth the time investment or it's not. And due to the type of game this is, if the gift is the same as it was a year ago it is by nature, less valuable than last year because the game has moved on to other things.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★
    Usual December inflation...don't worry January will be dry.